500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Custom shielded short ram air intake

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy2160 View Post
    Aren't you concerned about the coolant tank now, perhaps, being in a much hotter place? Did you consider replacing it with an aluminum one?
    tbh I'm more concerned with the coolant tank heating up the intake manifold. There's not a ton of heat sources at the back of the engine bay, and nothing that should get notably hotter then the coolant itself, and def not hot enough to harm the tank. I'll probably be wrapping it in some kind of heat shielding material to help insulate everything a little more.

I had considered an aluminum tank, but the stock one fits into that spot so perfectly it seems pointless to buy a universal one and try make it work.
    2013 500t
    oft stg2, catless downpipe, center exit exhaust with hfc, custom short-ram intake, corsaforza fmic, gfb dv+, catch can, poly filled motor/trans mounts, nuef ss adapter, koni front/kyb rear shocks, madness agr springs, vertical chassis braces, ebc redstuff pads, rally mudflaps, roof rack, 180w led lightbar

Thanks
    So after driving around with this setup for a while I have to say I'm very happy with it. That car feels great, and intake temps are pretty reasonable. It's been high 80s to mid 90s out the past couple weeks, and generally I see IATs sitting at 15-20 over ambient when cruising and 30-35 in heavy traffic. This is pretty similar, maybe just a bit better than I was seeing on my 4.1. The big difference is that when the car is sitting in traffic and starts to heat up the temps drop alot quicker once I start moving. Overall I'm really happy with the setup, I haven't had a chance to record it yet as the mic on my camera is messed up and the audio is coming through pretty ****ty, but I'll borrow a dif camera or a mic and record it soon.
    2013 500t
    oft stg2, catless downpipe, center exit exhaust with hfc, custom short-ram intake, corsaforza fmic, gfb dv+, catch can, poly filled motor/trans mounts, nuef ss adapter, koni front/kyb rear shocks, madness agr springs, vertical chassis braces, ebc redstuff pads, rally mudflaps, roof rack, 180w led lightbar

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rocketsausage For This Useful Post:

Ando (Yesterday)

Thanks
    If you remove the engine compartment gasket near the windshield you might be able to exhaust engine compartment heat better. Not sure if rain or car washes would be an issue. The gasket can be put back in like one minute if need be. I took mine out ages ago.
    2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Black top stripes, Black "500" (wide) side stripes. Fiat "500" Stainless door sills by Mopar. BlueTooth music streaming. OBDII BlueTooth Torque gauges streaming to smart phone. BF Goodrich Sport Comp II tires, STS rear sway bar, Euro+Drive NA 500 Tune, BMC reusable air filter and Spare Tyre with cover.

Blast to drive! 25 years newer than last car!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2