Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Chris from Fiat500USA Welcomes You!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Chris from Fiat500USA Welcomes You!

Hi folks, I thought I would introduce myself (finally) to all of you.

My name is Chris and I've been a Fiat enthusiast since 1972. That's the year my Dad brought home a Fiat 124 Sedan.

Until then, I didn't pay too much attention to cars, more into tank and airplane models and I thought US cars were the best and foreign were not as good. That changed when I read a book called "The New Fiat Guide," written by the legendary automotive writer Jan P. Norbye.

In this book, he stated the design and experimental work on the Fiat 124 would have been worthy of a car costing $10,000. Intrigued that a car company would care enough about its customers to offer the best in a car costing $1,500, I wanted to learn more about the Fiat company.

Years later, when that 124 Sedan was rear ended on a highway with me in the back seat, and I emerged without a scratch, I became a true believer in Fiat and the value of excellent automotive design.

That inspired me to major in Transportation Design in school and work in the Automotive industry for the past 30 years. While in school, I worked at an Italian car repair shop and have driven and owned many Italian cars.

Throughout the years, although I've been lucky enough to have access to many cars, I've always preferred the cars from Italy.

The combination of performance and design suits my automotive taste which I'll sum up as: "No Boring Cars!"

With the introduction over (thank goodness), let me say that my goal is to be able to contribute useful information here and let people have a voice to express themselves in a respectful way, hangout and enjoy.

By the way, Fiat500USA.com has a lot of the answers to questions posted here about the 500 and currently has nearly 3,000 Fiat related pictures, which you are welcome to, just remember to give credit when/where you post them.

I look forward to the discussion!

Best regards, Chris
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • PE#454
    • May 2011

Nice new digs, Chris!

Thanks for all the work you've done in providing us a home--twice!

Cindy

Comment

• ciddyguy
      • May 2011

Woah, nice! I like how its now a full width forum, rather than the version set out at Nabble so when viewing images, we aren't forced to scroll, just to see the entire thing, which should be nice!

Comment

• jamesday24
        • May 2011

Looks great. Glad to now have the ability to jump to the new post(s) in each thread.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).
        Can you increase the filesize a bit for signatures? The dimensions are fine, but 9.8 KB is pretty small.
        Last edited by jamesday24; 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• RacerRon
          • Jun 2011

The new forum looks great. Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by PE#454
            Nice new digs, Chris!

Thanks for all the work you've done in providing us a home--twice!

Cindy
            You're welcome, you all deserve it!

fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• sjmst
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • May 2011

Great job, Chris, THANKS!
              sigpic
              Fiat Club America Long Island Chapter Contact.
              - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
              1981 Fiat Spider
              2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
              2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• SeaDawg
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • May 2011

Questions and MORE Questions

While I have managed to get the new Whiz Bang to actually acknowledge me and allow me to post, let me ask if you have initialized the "Garage" which is where we can post pictures of our 4 wheeled darlings. I see it, but it doesn't drop down anything to allow you to manage or create a 'Garage'.

Also, I prefer the 'Chris 2nd Save' black background white letter, similar to the departed Nabble color scheme. Is there anyway to set that so when I log in it will automatically switch to that configuration?
                Last edited by SeaDawg; 06-02-2011, 01:05 AM.
                Max
                FIAT Number 1:
                2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
                FIAT Number 2:
                2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
                FIAT Number 3:
                2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
                FIAT Number 4:
                2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
                Avorio Interior
                Automatic Temperature Control A/C
                UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SeaDawg
                  While I have managed to get the new Whiz Bang to actually acknowledge me and allow me to post, let me ask if you have initialized the "Garage" which is where we can post pictures of our 4 wheeled darlings. I see it, but it doesn't drop down anything to allow you to manage or create a 'Garage'.

Also, I prefer the 'Chris 2nd Save' black background white letter, similar to the departed Nabble color scheme. Is there anyway to set that so when I log in it will automatically switch to that configuration?
                  Hi SeaDawg,

I'm still working out the details on the Garage (it's a really neat feature) with my programmer. Good question on the color theme. I believe there is a way and I'll see about that.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                    Amministratore
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sjmst
                    Great job, Chris, THANKS!
                    Stick around, there's more to come!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                      Amministratore
                      • Feb 2011

... Also, I prefer the 'Chris 2nd Save' black background white letter, similar to the departed Nabble color scheme. Is there anyway to set that so when I log in it will automatically switch to that configuration?
                      It's under your settings. Go to Settings, then on the left side of the screen: "My account", then "General Settings" You can select which theme you want to default to.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Thad
                        • Jun 2011

Ah, Thanks Chris to get me registered. Glad to be here! (again)
                        Thad Kirk
                        Board Member -FIAT Club America www.FiatClubAmerica.com
                        1965 Fiat 600D
                        1971 Fiat 850 Racer
                        1981 Fiat Spider 2000
                        1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
                        2013 Abarth
                        sigpic

Comment

• SeaDawg
                          Lifetime Member
                          Lifetime Member
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                          It's under your settings. Go to Settings, then on the left side of the screen: "My account", then "General Settings" You can select which theme you want to default to.
                          Got it. Thanks!!
                          Max
                          FIAT Number 1:
                          2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
                          FIAT Number 2:
                          2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
                          FIAT Number 3:
                          2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
                          FIAT Number 4:
                          2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
                          Avorio Interior
                          Automatic Temperature Control A/C
                          UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Thad
                            Ah, Thanks Chris to get me registered. Gald to be here! (again)
                            This place wouldn't be complete without you!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                              Amministratore
                              • Feb 2011

Got it. Thanks!!
                              Hi Seadawg,

If you (or anyone) are (is) having a problem with it showing you are logged in at the bottom of the forum, but at the top it says you aren't, please clear your internet cache and your cookies, that should solve the issue. Remember, when you clear cookies, you may have to re-enter passwords on various sites, etc.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment