500 Madness

Thread: Tire Recommendation for the Abarth please

Thanks

Tire Recommendation for the Abarth please

what tire is the best for price, grip, smooth ride? mostly in warm weather in FL> lots of rain too.... thanks

Thanks
    Really like my FEDERAL 595EVO great budget tires. but I would skip the 595 EVO and get either RS or RSRR for little more money .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pvflyer; 06-08-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

della folgore l'impeto

panem et circenses. Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pvflyer For This Useful Post:

Fiat_Phil (06-09-2018)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Phil- I'm gonna try Federal 595s this time.About to put them on.Let you know.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fiat_Phil (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    Incase you are still looking for tires, for spirited street driving I have to recommend (as many other owners of many other car brands have) the new firestone firehawk indy 500. The buzz about these have been non stop on all forums. They are simply amazing. They also run very wide which is nice, for example my stock size 205/40 in the front actually rub on full lock. The one thing I cannot get over is the turn in, its actually incredible and if I must say maybe faster turn in that my azenis rt615k. With the tiniest input the car just changes directions immediately, there is zero time between steering input and reaction to change in direction. Also, watch tirerack's review as they mention these are the new benchmark for the Ultimate High performance category.

Now, the grip is definitely is not as high as the rt615k or my hankook rs3 that's for sure, but for my random weekend HPDE events where I'm lazy and dont feel like changing tires the firestone still work perfectly fine, just finding the limits of the tires is easier. Also important to mention as many other users have, they get better as they wear out, I feel more grip now than I did 2000kms ago, its weird but its a common thing many users say.

Overall, for the street and spirited driving they are simply amazing cheap tires and I would never look at any other street tire ever again. Even the fiesta st forums are buzzing about them which use the same tire size as us. Other forums like bmwe90/m3, vwr32, s2000 and mustang/SS are also all buzzing about them, they are definitely worth a try.

I may actually start a new thread about them to let others know as well
    Last edited by gverelli; 06-09-2018 at 07:30 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gverelli For This Useful Post:

Bodasifa (06-11-2018), Klasse Act (06-11-2018), MozzaFiato! (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Tire Rack has the Firestones for under 300 bucks a set (with rebate) in 17 inch size for the Abarth, good reviews, probably great for Florida where it doesn't get below freezing in the winter since high performance summer tires can be terrible in the cold. UTQ rating of 340, so they probably won't wear for 70,000 miles, depending on how you drive, and of course your mileage may vary as they say!

Compared to the go-to autocross tire the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R (more like $140 per tire), for daily driving I'm sure the Firestones are OK.

Here's a Tire Rack test with the Firestone, a Dunlop, Kumho, and a Bridgestone, they liked the Firestone OK but thought it was pretty firm

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=217
    Last edited by Robert Nixon; 06-09-2018 at 07:53 AM.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

luckymoi (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    I am using federal fz201 this weekend trackday, not expensive compare to r888r I used before, I will test it out this week on track

Thanks
    been looking at the Firestones as well. from the reviews i see on these tires, definitely going to give them a try
    2016 500T - Nuef Springs, Depo boost gauge, ATM Gauge bezel, ATP 3" Catless downpipe, Abarth Steering Wheel, Euro Abarth Emblems, 17" Hyper Blacks, Custom Malone tune, Abarth Dual exhaust , Corsa Forza lower brace, Tinted windows 50% sides 5% rear -

Premium Member Premium Member
    Thanks
    Probably going with the 500s too once the Pirellis wear some more.
    whippin' a super fresh Abarth, gnomesayne?

Lifetime Member
    Thanks
    I think the BF Goodrich g-comp2 tires will give you the best bang for the buck. You can get them through Costco at very good prices too.

The Federal 595EVOs are okay, but not that great. Better than the stock Pirellis at least.

Don't know about the Firestones; they sound like a great deal though.
    2013 500c Abarth - phase 3
    2012 500 Pop - daily
    2016 Range Rover Evoque - Wifey's