Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome aboard! Pictures?

LED dome light issue

I've seen a few posts of people having issues with led dome lights but no real answers other than to not use them. Oddly enough though many people use...

Yeah, I'd say they break easily. My neighbor got in my car and the passenger side made an ominous groan. Like you, I don't use the rests but the dog sometimes...

Are they difficult to swap out? I don’t see where the connection is done - does the padding have to be removed from the seats? Any side airbags to...

Texanbrit: You're exactly right!
I pulled it apart today and the overflow hose is sticky and moist.
Everything else looked to be buttoned...

FIAT 500 1.4L SOHC (Naturally Aspirated. Non Turbo)
Ignition Coil
MOPAR 68070492AD

FIAT 500 ABARTH 1.4L SOHC (Turbo)
Ignition...

I believe the Alfa coil packs only work on a Turbo, and Abarth vehicles....

The connection at that side of the radiator is pretty solid, so if it's not the radiator itself then I imagine the coolant is running down the lower coolant...

Cheers from CO!

Hello all, I recently acquired '13 Abarth and decided to join the forum.
I owned in the 90's a Fiat 126p and now the Abarth.
Thanks for all...

There is no light for low coolant, so you need to keep an eye on it. A light means an overheat, and that is something you do not want to do.

F/S - 500X Roof Rails and Crossbars $ 175.00 for all

Purchased for my 2020 Trekking; did not realize will not work with sunroof.

Rails are new in original box. Part #68281916AA.
Crossbars...

Rocco Reviews...

Rock Auto has lots of quality/reasonably priced ignition coil choices for the 2014 N/A Engine, use GOOGLE to find a 5% off...

As we prepare for the 2024 summer season, prepare for some great news about our meets and drives !

Registration is now open, if you'd planning to display your vehicle sign up soon as space is limited, avoid disappointment! 😮

Fiat Club America events are always welcoming and friendly, no animosity or preferential treatment for anyone!

Nice Family environment for...

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

40+ mpg?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Re: 40+ mpg?

author="trinME">

Thanks Chris.
    Still trying to catch up here. What is/was GEM, and who was it sold to?
    -TR
    Hi trinMe,

Here's some info on GEM:

Chrysler Group Global Electric Motorcars LLC (GEM), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC, and produces the GEM vehicle line of battery-electric vehicles. The GEM line is the market leader in the low-speed vehicle industry and more than 45,000 vehicles are on the road worldwide. GEM has been in business since 1998.

On April 26, Chrysler announced the sale of substantially all of the assets of GEM and NEV to Polaris Industries, Inc. Chrysler Group explained the sale saying: (they) " decided to focus its energies on its core automotive business".

Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• trinME

Ah, the mist is dissipating.

Seems likely that is what the Motortrend article was referring to. And there's hope for the 500EV.

-TR

Comment

• sketch
        • Jun 2011

It will not be a diesel. America is still very diesel-averse. The CRD offered in the Liberty did not sell well, and it's in a <i>truck</i>. Diesel may do somewhat better in the Grand Cherokee, but I don't expect it to be a huge success.

author="navy48">
        LOL....while I LOVE charts, graphs and statistics, I don't believe a word of it until I see the product. what really irked me is that when Chrysler/Fiat went before Congress to ask for a bailout, they showed up with all of these "EV" vehicles: a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited EV, a Chrysler T&C Minivan EV and a Dodge EV concept 'sports car'. ALL of these were awesome vehicles and Chrysler was given the "loan" based on what Congress saw and was told. so, where are these "EV" vehicles? in a scrap heap somewhere, along with the plans to produce them.

so when Chrysler says they'll have a car that gets 40mpgs in the next year or so.......I'll believe it when I see it....or better yet, DRIVE IT.
        1) Those EV concepts were just that: concepts. They were never destined for production.
        2) The 40 mpg compact with FIAT technology is a federal requirement of Chrysler which will allow FIAT to increase ownership byanother 5%. The question is not if, but when, it will happen.
        3) Remember that the Hyundai Elantra you can buy right now makes 40mpg highway EPA without MultiAir, direct injection, forced induction...

Comment

• ciddyguy
          • May 2011

[QUOTE] author="sketch">
          It will not be a diesel. America is still very diesel-averse. The CRD offered in the Liberty did not sell well, and it's in a <i>truck</i>. Diesel may do somewhat better in the Grand Cherokee, but I don't expect it to be a huge success.

author="navy48">
          LOL....while I LOVE charts, graphs and statistics, I don't believe a word of it until I see the product. what really irked me is that when Chrysler/Fiat went before Congress to ask for a bailout, they showed up with all of these "EV" vehicles: a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited EV, a Chrysler T&C Minivan EV and a Dodge EV concept 'sports car'. ALL of these were awesome vehicles and Chrysler was given the "loan" based on what Congress saw and was told. so, where are these "EV" vehicles? in a scrap heap somewhere, along with the plans to produce them.

so when Chrysler says they'll have a car that gets 40mpgs in the next year or so.......I'll believe it when I see it....or better yet, DRIVE IT.
          3) Remember that the Hyundai Elantra you can buy right now makes 40mpg highway EPA without MultiAir, direct injection, forced induction...

Or so Hyundai claims and we know it's possible, but generally ONLY on smaller sized cars, often with small sized motors and the Elantra isn't small, it's a compact at best as far as smallness goes and has a motor larger than in the Fiat too.

Comment

• sketch
            • Jun 2011

That's the real number—the Elantra is rated 29/40 by the EPA, automatic transmission, standard feature. It isn't just some unfounded claim: that isn't allowed in advertising anymore.

The car called for in the government's plan for Chrysler is a 40 mpg EPA highway car in the C segment. That's the same segment as the Elantra, Cruze, Focus, Civic, Caliber, and so on. Cruze, Focus and Civic all have special editions which make 40 on the highway too (Eco, SFE, HX). The government's requirement is basically "make a car that can compete with Ford, GM, Honda, and Hyundai", which is something they should be doing anyway.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
              Amministratore
              • Feb 2011

All I can say is Fiat and Fiat Powertrain can make a car that gets 40mpg just like those others. No worries about that (and they will be cool to drive while getting the 40mpg).

fiat 500 forum signature
              abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• cogtooth
                • Jun 2011

I would think that many of us already get over 40 mpg highway. My mixed use this tank what with trying to drive using ecodrive suggestions is 38.6 mpg. This no fun mode only works when in traffic when you can't go too fast anyway. Some cars are just made to pass the EPA testing, and other companies don't worry about it, and maybe Fiat did not have time to perfect the EPA requirements.
                bianco perla sport

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

author="cogtooth">
                  ... Some cars are just made to pass the EPA testing, and other companies don't worry about it, and maybe Fiat did not have time to perfect the EPA requirements.
                  The feeling I get when talking to the engineers is drivability and fun were paramount. They could have tuned the car for maximum fuel economy, but that is not what this car is about.

I think you put your finger on something. Fuel economy is all some cars have to offer.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Giallo Edizione
                    • Jun 2011

[QUOTE] author="Fiat500USA">
                    author="cogtooth">
                    ... Some cars are just made to pass the EPA testing, and other companies don't worry about it, and maybe Fiat did not have time to perfect the EPA requirements.
                    </quote>

The feeling I get when talking to the engineers is drivability and fun were paramount. They could have tuned the car for maximum fuel economy, but that is not what this car is about.

I think you put your finger on something. Fuel economy is all some cars have to offer.
                    Agree. Midpoint for Elantra is 34.5mpg and for 500 it is 34. Amost nobody drives all highway, most are mixed. For that small difference I will take the FIAT thank you. Yes I know the Elantra is an automatic-its also an Elantra.

Comment

• sjmst
                      Lifetime Member
                      Lifetime Member
                      • May 2011

I'm getting 38+ in mixed use. And I'm not babying it.
                      sigpic
                      Fiat Club America Long Island Chapter Contact.
                      - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
                      1981 Fiat Spider
                      2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                      2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• F500
                        • Jun 2011

I was lucky enough a month ago to drive a 500 Sport for the weekend. it had the 6sp auto and for my weekend jaunts (approx 180 miles of driving, city and highway) I averaged OVER 34mpg. this is quite promising as I was NOT driving it easy and was playing with the "Sport Mode" button and the autostick feature.

once I get locked in on what's best for my driving style, I believe I can improve on that......maybe even hit 40 with the auto!
                        sigpic

Comment

• panther76
                          • Jun 2011

if you look at the real world mileage thread, you will see some of us fiat 500 owners are getting well over 40 mpg's.

Comment

• buysfiat
                            • Sep 2011

Elantra MPG.jpg
                            The Fuel economy.gov site has the Elantra at 29/40 but the actual users have it at 23/38 with a combined average of 31.9
                            My 500auto with regular gas has averaged 35.7 for 3200miles. Why?

Comment

• Noz
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2011

While the MPG of the 500 is good, why is the SMOG score of this car so low? I thought the multiair technology was supposed to reduce emissions and perform better than a regular IC? What gives? The EPA rates this car's smog score as 4/10....to compare a Fiesta gets 6/10 and a CRZ gets 9/10. Remember...I'm talking about the SMOG score.

Any ideas?

Comment

• F500
                                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Noz
                                While the MPG of the 500 is good, why is the SMOG score of this car so low? I thought the multiair technology was supposed to reduce emissions and perform better than a regular IC? What gives? The EPA rates this car's smog score as 4/10....to compare a Fiesta gets 6/10 and a CRZ gets 9/10. Remember...I'm talking about the SMOG score.

Any ideas?
                                I wondered that myself. why such low scores and ratings? its as if the government 'bailed out' Chrysler with the FIAT deal yet they still want it to fail? makes no sense to me. of course I don't know what kind of emissions my 500 is exhailing, but my MPG's for my 6sp auto is MUCH higher than the EPA ratings. with over 2300 miles on "Gumby", I'm AVERAGING 38.3 on this tank of gas. last one was well over 36. not bad for a car that's only rated at 27/34.
                                sigpic

Comment