Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Customer Service tells me: not even "Sergio Marchionne" will help you

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Providence
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DeSoulo
    Thanks. That's a great deal for anyone who needs a battery. However, dealers can charge whatever they want between the part and the labor.

Comment

• Providence
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Robert Nixon
      I googled FIAT 500L Battery on the AutoZone website and found one for 169, not counting core charge (exchange your current battery), so I'd go that way and save 200 bucks, but it's a free country and you can pay 400 for a battery if you want.
      Thanks. Maybe my original post was not clear, of course I want a cheaper battery. I imagine I could figure out how to uninstall and install one, but my original post was about going to a less expensive dealership and the response Fiat Chrysler customer service gave me. Again, thanks for the reply.

Comment

• rustbucket
        • May 2013

My question is "why are you paying anything?" if you are under 4 years and 50,000 miles. It seems clear that the battery isn't the real problem and that the warranty should apply. Of course if you're like me, the warranty expired the week before the problem happened. A good studio/dealer is worth their weight in gold- they let you know (to the extent possible) costs up front before they do any work and will sometimes go to bat on your behalf on warranty claims if needed and I would apply the preceding to all makes, not just FIAT. We had a miserable time with the service department at the original selling dealer on my wife's Honda CR-V; a change to another dealer was like night and day. Hope your issues get resolved quickly and at the least cost possible.
        2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Tweak
          Rest In Peace
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Providence
          Thanks
          You're welcome and I hope you get things resolved ASAP with this other dealer.
          Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• Providence
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by rustbucket
            My question is "why are you paying anything?" if you are under 4 years and 50,000 miles. It seems clear that the battery isn't the real problem and that the warranty should apply. Of course if you're like me, the warranty expired the week before the problem happened. A good studio/dealer is worth their weight in gold- they let you know (to the extent possible) costs up front before they do any work and will sometimes go to bat on your behalf on warranty claims if needed and I would apply the preceding to all makes, not just FIAT. We had a miserable time with the service department at the original selling dealer on my wife's Honda CR-V; a change to another dealer was like night and day. Hope your issues get resolved quickly and at the least cost possible.
            Thanks for the response and advice.

My car is out of the manufacturer's warranty because it's been more than 4 years, but I do have a lifetime extended warranty.

The original battery died a few days after my 4 year warranty ended. When that happened I took advice from this forum and bought an Interstate battery an Firestone because it was the same one Mopar sells but for a lot less.

I had wanted to try another dealer but roadside assistance only tows to closest dealer.

Comment

• Providence
              • Nov 2013

Update: So it wasn't the battery at all. I got it replaced with a new one and the car died immediately. The battery wasn't under warranty but the car has an extended warranty on most of the major parts so I bought it back to the dealer and they said oh yeah I see it wasn't the battery. Instead it's the only other part of the car that is also not under warranty. According to the dealer it's one of the cables attached to battery. I don't even know how that cable goes bad on a 4 year old car with 42K miles. Has anyone ever had a bad cable? I don't see anything on the 500L forum. Thanks

Comment

• Haring
                Lifetime Member
                • Feb 2012

How is that part not covered under warranty? Was this said by the 2nd dealer or the first one that you were having issues with?
                2018 Luminoso Orange 500c Lounge - H&R/Koni - Abarth Interior, 17" Wheels & Exhaust

Comment

• 5port
                  AWD enthusiast
                  Lifetime Member
                  • May 2012

It doesn't have to be the wire cable itself but more likely the crimp connections at either end. The connections can corrode over time and get resistive.
                  2016 500X Easy,Go pedal, Autoflash, LED Headlights and reverse, LED DRL, carbon fiber shift gate, ST T9 wheels, PIAA wipers, '17 motor mounts, AEM Dryflow

Comment

• Providence
                    • Nov 2013

Update: So it wasn't the battery at all. I got it replaced with a new one and the car died immediately. The battery wasn't under warranty but the car has an extended warranty on most of the major parts so I bought it back to the dealer and they said oh yeah I see it wasn't the battery. Instead it's the only other part of the car that is also not under warranty. According to the dealer it's one of the cables attached to battery. I don't even know how that cable goes bad on a 4 year old car with 42K miles. Has anyone ever had a bad cable? I don't see anything on the 500L forum. Thanks
                    Originally posted by Haring
                    How is that part not covered under warranty? Was this said by the 2nd dealer or the first one that you were having issues with?
                    According to Mopar the cables are not covered under extended warranty. The first dealer told me it was the battery diagnosed it as a cable issue.

Comment

• Providence
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by 5port
                      It doesn't have to be the wire cable itself but more likely the crimp connections at either end. The connections can corrode over time and get resistive.
                      Either way do cables or crimps go bad after 4 years or 42K miles?

Comment

• pr0d1gy9
                        • Jun 2016

Either way do cables or crimps go bad after 4 years or 42K miles?
                        It mainly depends where your live and the road conditions. If you live in an area that salts the road during winter it is entirely possible that corrosion is the primary cause. Mix salt with water, oxygen and road/engine vibration and you get a pretty quick way to destroy any electrical connection that is exposed. The connections probably just need to be cleaned with a wire brush but it sounds like you got it squared away.

A second cause could be the crimp connections were loose from the factory but those probably come from a supplier so I doubt that would be the main issue.
                        2015 500e - Sold
                        2012 Nero Abarth - Sold
                        2012 Azzurro Sport
                        - Sold
                        2012 Rosso Abarth
                        - Total Loss

Comment

• streetsurfer
                          • Mar 2013

The ground cable battery clamp is a known weak point.

Comment

• Timothy Allen
                            • Oct 2013

Sadly, Sergio won't be helping us with anything anymore. RIP

Comment