500 Madness

Thread: Fiat 500e regenerative braking system jerking when rolling to stop

Thanks

Fiat 500e regenerative braking system jerking when rolling to stop

Greetings,
    We just joined this group today.
    We have a 2014 Fiat 500e. 34,000 miles. Wondering if anyone else has this issue and what might be causing it.
    Our Fiat 500e It has a consistent issue with jerking when rolling to a stop. The regenerative braking system creates some sort of lag between when the computer sensors let go of the "regenerative" system and the actual analog brake system. The timing is off, thus there is a split second when you are freewheeling the weight of the car and when the disc brakes grab on. This is a real issue and I'm being told by the dealers in our area that they can't find what may be causing it. Is there a flash upgrade or troubleshoot ticket that can be arranged with Fiat USA to investigate? The 888 number only has warranty customer care folks creating case numbers. Would be great to talk to the engineers that designed this car. This is annoying and sort of dangerous. And I am now on my 3rd visit to the dealer (a different dealer this time).

Are there any Fiat Corporate users in this group?

Thanks

Thanks
    Mine has a somewhat similar sounding issue that I've never mentioned here. It's happened twice now and it only occurs for the duration of the key being on. When I cycle the key the issue goes away. What happens is I get surging while slowing. This happens on both regen and friction brakes, but it seems to cut in the friction brakes a lot easier. It feels like the ABS is activating excessively early, but my understanding is that in the event of an ABS activation the regen should be disabled entirely and the friction brakes should take over the stopping duties.

I have someone lined up who can access the cars computers so I'm going to try taking the car to him next time it does it to see if I can get from freeze frame data on the ABS sensors. It may very well not be associated with the ABS sensors at all.

FYI mine is a 2014 as well.

Thanks
    Mine will do this occasionally, but it's usually only for one stop, then the problem goes away. You can see the kW readings fluctuate on the instrument cluster during braking. So far, it hasn't annoyed me enough to take it into the shop... they'd probably just say the problem couldn't be replicated.
    2013 Fiat 500e

Thanks
    Mine does this also, but is much more noticeable when it is raining. Usually when dry it hasn't seemed to happen, but lately I've noticed it even when dry...but only if I'm braking a little more forcefully.