500 Madness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fiat 500 Abarth One of Fastest Cars for the Money

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zuesskroph View Post
    My 13 500 abarth is by far the best car I have ever had in quality,gas mileage and fun,I love it!
    As much as I like my Abarth, inquiring minds would like to know what you were driving before if this is the highest quality car you've ever had...

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
    As much as I like my Abarth, inquiring minds would like to know what you were driving before if this is the highest quality car you've ever had...
    HAH! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Thanks
    I agree with Zuesskroph, other than replacing the back shocks with Konis my 2013 Abrarth has been an excellant car.

Thanks
    I have/had many types of cars from exotics, performance sedans, and small hatchbacks and hands down for the money the Abarth's quality is above average. There are a few things I would change, like placement of the window switches, radio volume control knob instead of up/down buttons, etc but those are small concerns compared to the overall fun factor of the car.

In the end, if it makes you grin shifting into 2nd at a sharp curve while listening to the exhaust loudly burble, then you know you made the right choice in a car.

Lifetime Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MS View Post
    I have/had many types of cars from exotics, performance sedans, and small hatchbacks and hands down for the money the Abarth's quality is above average. There are a few things I would change, like placement of the window switches, radio volume control knob instead of up/down buttons, etc but those are small concerns compared to the overall fun factor of the car.

In the end, if it makes you grin shifting into 2nd at a sharp curve while listening to the exhaust loudly burble, then you know you made the right choice in a car.
    I love my Abarth, more than is probably healthy. However I don't think that it is high quality, perhaps you could say that the quality is good for the price bracket but not sure that is true either. It's okay. I think the car overall is fantastic value for money, there is no question about that.
    2013 500c Abarth - phase 3
    2012 500 Pop - daily
    2016 Range Rover Evoque - Wifey's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2MS View Post
    ...hands down for the money the Abarth's quality is above average.
    I'm assuming based on the theme of this thread you are referring to the cost of a Used Abarth.

If I needed a new car RIGHT NOW, and the used market was for whatever reason off limits, I don't think I'd end the day with an Abarth in the garage... maybe still a FIAT... but not an Abarth. And that worries me. I want to be a brand ambassador but if I can't even see the value in the MSRP of a car I love what chance does Abarth have to win over the skeptics?

To address the original topic; For $10,000 the quality of my car is phenomenal, for ~$27,000 I'd probably be furious with myself. It's all relative.
    Last edited by Ando; 06-14-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    I haven't had any major mechanical issues with the Abarth (other than the steering clunk fixed under warranty), but a few things that don't speak well of build quality:
    - massive gap between hood and fender on one side
    - more rattles than i care to enumerate
    - tailgate latch fell apart
    - both armrests feel like they're about to fall apart (but they surprisingly haven't)
    - leather seats show more wear at 40K than my lexus at 180K
    - taillight condensation
    - rust on rear seat bracket
    - stripped lug nut covers
    - sagging rear cargo cover
    - fuel door doesn't open smoothly
    - side skirt is starting to peel

Now, does any of these issues make the car less fun? No. But do they call into question the build quality of the car? Heck yeah.
    Last edited by fiatlux; 06-14-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks
    This bugs me the most because the seats are such a vital component of the interior. Luckily it is primarily the drivers seat so it isn't commonly noticed, but it bums me out when I do see it. Previous owner was a big guy, but that shouldn't matter. I officially have put half the miles on the car at this point... cool!

Premium Member Premium Member
    Thanks
    I haven't had any major mechanical issues with the Abarth (other than the steering clunk fixed under warranty), but a few things that don't speak well of build quality:
    - massive gap between hood and fender on one side
    - more rattles than i care to enumerate
    - tailgate latch fell apart
    - both armrests feel like they're about to fall apart (but they surprisingly haven't)
    - taillight condensation
    - rust on rear seat bracket
    - stripped lug nut covers
    - sagging rear cargo cover
    - fuel door doesn't open smoothly
    - side skirt is starting to peel

Now, does any of these issues make the car less fun? No. But do they call into question the build quality of the car? Heck yeah.
    I had to have a side skirt reattached about a month into ownership due to failing adhesive.
    I've also had to replace the driver's side Abarth emblem due to peeling of the red striping.
    whippin' a super fresh Abarth, gnomesayne?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siwelk View Post
    I had to have a side skirt reattached about a month into ownership due to failing adhesive.
    I've also had to replace the driver's side Abarth emblem due to peeling of the red striping.
    That was a close second for me. My studio wont re-attach my skirts because they can see that the car has been lifted via the pinch weld at some point in it's life. It's on my todo list but pretty close to the bottom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast