500 Madness

Thread: Blue & Me module problems

Thanks

Blue & Me module problems

My Fiat 500e (2014) has a flashing mileage (well, kilometres here in Europe) indicator. Also, Blue & Me isn't working. I took it to the dealer and they say there is a problem with the Blue & Me, which also causes the flashing mileage (canbus issue). Unfortunately it's an imported car from USA, so they can't get parts. They have disconnected the cable on the Blue & Me module for a while, but that didn't fix it. Also, I have disconnected the 12V battery for about 2 hours, which also didn't fix it either. So everything should be reset.

Somehow it seems like the module is completely crashed. Even if I put a USB drive in the USB port, it doesn't light op (so it doesn't get any power at all).

This happened after a small accident and the hood and the windshield were replaced. The car hasn't been driven for about 2 months, because it took that long to get a new windshield from the USA to the Netherlands. I don't know about the 12V battery, but the high voltage battery hasn't been drained (so it should charge the 12V battery from the main battery sometimes, I think?). I am not sure if the accident is the cause of the Blue & Me crash, or that maybe the 12V battery had a low voltage for a while and that caused problems. But it was just a small accident and there are no problems with other electronics.

I have checked the Owner's Manual, but there's almost no information about the Blue & Me. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the Blue & Me module I can check? And where is the Blue & Me module located / how can I access it? Or if you have an idea how to diagnose / solve this issue, please let me know.

I really hope someone can give me some information. Unfortunately it's hard to find a shop here that is willing to work on the car.

Thanks
    The fact that it stopped working after a minor collision is telling I would venture a guess at. I'd start with the ground for the system and trace it down. Often times these can be under the hood of the car, although I do not know this is the case for sure with the 500e.

Thanks
    I have the same problem. I know the 12V have been replaced at some point, so could be the cause.
    I took it to a dealer and they said the B&M module was faulty. A new one cost $500 so I opted out.
    The module is located under the dash in front of the passenger. You will have to remove a small shiel if I remember correctly

Thanks
    Thank you for your information. Good to know that it might be related to 12V issues. A new one is expensive, it's even more expensive here, but they don't want to support the module because it's an American car/part and they're not sure if it's going to work if they replace it with a European module.

Thanks
    I am based in Norway and the dealer was able to order the part from Mopar in the US and program the new unit to the car