500 Madness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Brand Sales for February 2018

Thanks
    Problem is; there aren't enough members of any enthusiast club to build or support any auto make. That, and with consumer-focused reviews like Consumer Reports completely trashing Fiat cars, especially the L, as in bottom of all categories, many consumers don't even bother looking. One could argue that there are more subscribers to Consumer Reports, than there are to any Italian car club, anywhere.

To start, Fiat needs to cut the L out of their lineup. To get healthier, you start by cutting out the tumor that is dragging the rest of the lineup down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyfromVA View Post
    Problem is; there aren't enough members of any enthusiast club to build or support any auto make. That, and with consumer-focused reviews like Consumer Reports completely trashing Fiat cars, especially the L, as in bottom of all categories, many consumers don't even bother looking. One could argue that there are more subscribers to Consumer Reports, than there are to any Italian car club, anywhere.

To start, Fiat needs to cut the L out of their lineup. To get healthier, you start by cutting out the tumor that is dragging the rest of the lineup down.
    its not just consumer reports. the longer term 2017 and 2018 JD Powers survey (the dependability study) that looks at 3 yrs of ownership has Fiat at the bottom (or next to last with Chrysler at the bottom). the majority of the 2014 and 2015 model cars would be 500's as the 500L sold very few models.

since the culture of building substandard products would take too much time to fix, perhaps FCA could focus on changing the service experience culture. Personally, I was willing to live with the variety of quality issues i had, but was not willing to live with the uncaring attitude toward the brand or excessive amount of time needed to procure the expert knowledge and/or parts to resolve said issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to panther76 For This Useful Post:

KellyfromVA (03-13-2018)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    [COLOR=#333333]Besides the money, it is also the time the staff has to invest. Contrary to popular believe, a salesman isn't there to wine and dine people and spend hours answering questions and going on aimless test drives with people that may buy a car within their lifetime. They are there to sell cars. They have to average 1 car sold for every 3 people talked to. That's called their closing ratio and if they don't perform, they are out of a job. Period. It's kind of a screwed up system, and that's why you frequently get blown off if you aren't ready to buy. Many salespeople are reluctant to spend time with someone who isn't ready to buy because that kills they closing ratio which is closely monitored by management. That's how the business traditionally works. So having an event and getting some participation would probably mean staff doing it on their day off. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333]That's kind of the back story so whatever event is planned has to be attractive enough to overcome those points. As enthusiasts it can be hard to imagine that someone working at a dealership wouldn't want to have fun with the cars, but it is just a stressful job for most [/COLOR]

This is so true !!! Well put Mr Chris.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Tramonto's Avatar
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=KellyfromVA;819408 To start, Fiat needs to cut the L out of their lineup. To get healthier, you start by cutting out the tumor that is dragging the rest of the lineup down.[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken the "L" has been the best seller for Fiat the last few months. It that is the case that would be the wrong one to cut. One move Fiat did last year that I thought was smart was to cut the models down and just show it as options on the base car. If I was going to drop one (which they did not ask me) I think it would be the 500x. At the local CDJRF dealer the manager told me the Renegade was one of their hottest sellers and it was the "Baby Boomers" that were buying it. As I have stated before you can not compete with Jeep in this country. Again if Fiat would make an Abarth edition of the 500x (and that was all they offered the 500x in) then they could go after those that were wanting the Alfa SUV but looking for something less expensive. Fiat is not an alternative word for rugged where Jeep does. It is an alternative word for an inexpensive Italian car which means fast.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramonto View Post
    If I am not mistaken the "L" has been the best seller for Fiat the last few months.
    Chris could probably confirm that one. That being said; overall sales for Fiat has been at the bottom for months. Technically I suppose, for the last few years. Selling that few cars every month, is unsustainable.

Lat year, the 500 hatch and Cabrio were the brand's best sellers. So far this year, the 500X has edged out the 500 to become the best seller. While 500L sales have posted good gains since last August, and are actually up an average of 32% over the past seven months compared to the same period a year ago, they still lag behind the other models.

Fiat 500 sales YTD :870
    Fiat 500L sales YTD: 222
    Fiat 500X sales YTD: 972
    Fiat 124 sales YTD: 406
    Total sales YTD: 2,470

2017 Fiat Sales Totals
    Fiat 500 sales: 12,685
    Fiat 500L sales: 1,664
    Fiat 500X sales: 7,665
    Fiat 124 sales: 4,478
    Total sales: 26,492

All Fiat sales figures since 2011: http://www.fiat500usa.com/search/label/Fiat%20Sales

One of the things that hurts the 500L is that rags like CR still regurgitate the road test impressions from 2013, even though the things they complained about were addressed in 2015. This is the kind of car that folks need to drive to experience the versatility and attributes. For people looking for roominess and versatility within a compact car exterior, the car has a lot to offer in the European family car 'form follows function' tradition.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-25-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramonto View Post
    As I have stated before you can not compete with Jeep in this country. Again if Fiat would make an Abarth edition of the 500x (and that was all they offered the 500x in) then they could go after those that were wanting the Alfa SUV but looking for something less expensive. Fiat is not an alternative word for rugged where Jeep does. It is an alternative word for an inexpensive Italian car which means fast.
    An Abarth-only 500X will only attract people who actually know and care about the Abarth brand.

The only common denominators found in Fiat and Fast are “f”, “a” and “t”. Yours is the first claim FIATs are synonymous with fast Italian cars. Only Abarths and Gianninis have been fast and that’s relative to other cars in the same class. I luv these cars but we must maintain perspective.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-25-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    One of the things that hurts the 500L is that rags like CR still regurgitate the road test impressions from 2013, even though the things they complained about were addressed in 2015. This is the kind of car that folks need to drive to experience the versatility and attributes. For people looking for roominess and versatility within a compact car exterior, the car has a lot to offer in the European family car 'form follows function' tradition.
    Chris, thanks for posting the numbers.

CR definitely hasn’t made shelf life easy for the 500L, but we all know the botched launch of the model and the lack of 4wd are also contributing factors in sales. It’s good to see the Elle sales headed in the right direction. There is a long way to go, but I am one who wants to see the Fiat and Abarth brands permanently remain in our market. There is nothing good about the old days of supporting a brand after it leaves the market.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-25-2018), rustbucket (03-25-2018)

Thanks
    I take most all of the automotive press with a grain or two of salt and in the case of some like CR you need a whole bag. It's too bad someone won't hold CR's feet to the fire. I still recall back around 2007 when CR gave the then new generation Toyota Tundra an automatic recommendation based on the history of the previous generation and later rescinded the recommendation after a rash of issues appeared. And then there's the hatchet job they did on the Suzuki Samurai. Far from being the rollover risk CR made it out to be, the tests on the Samurai actually showed that it was harder to roll over than vehicles that Consumer Reports rated acceptable.

"If you can’t find someone to roll this car, I will!” - Irwin Landau, CU editorial director

CU is not to be trusted.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustbucket For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-26-2018), Fiat500USA (03-25-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket View Post
    I take most all of the automotive press with a grain or two of salt and in the case of some like CR you need a whole bag. It's too bad someone won't hold CR's feet to the fire. I still recall back around 2007 when CR gave the then new generation Toyota Tundra an automatic recommendation based on the history of the previous generation and later rescinded the recommendation after a rash of issues appeared. And then there's the hatchet job they did on the Suzuki Samurai. Far from being the rollover risk CR made it out to be, the tests on the Samurai actually showed that it was harder to roll over than vehicles that Consumer Reports rated acceptable.

"If you can’t find someone to roll this car, I will!” - Irwin Landau, CU editorial director

CU is not to be trusted.

They also said the X1/9 was a dangerous handling vehicle....

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast