500 Madness

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat Brand Sales for February 2018

Fiat Brand Sales for February 2018

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat brand sales for February 2018 show a slight increase over January's sales record sales low. Fiat sold a total of 1,241 cars in February compared to 1,229 in January. Sales in January were the all-time lowest for the brand since its introduction back into the US market in 2011. This glimmer of good news is tempered by the brand's overall sales being down 42 percent for the month and ...

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,056 Posts
    A couple more than last year, so that's at least worth something!

I can understand lower sales on the 124 Spider in the winter, so hopefully the turbo standard 500s will boost sales when they arrive.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-02-2018), Fiat500USA (03-02-2018)

Thanks
    Just for reference and context Mitsubishi posted it's best ever sales month and increase since 2017 yet Mirage sales were down by 55%. Contributing to the increase was the crossovers.

Small cars are not in demand for the moment and micro cars even less. Fiat would indeed need better results from the 500x and another crossover to be sustainable. Adding another model might be unlikely with Jeep as the main focus.
    Current: 12' Sport
    Previous: Alfa 164, Alfa Milano, BMW 325

The interesting bit of news in the story is there are over 380 Fiat dealers now. I got confirmation on that today and thought I'd sneak it in and see if you guys would catch that.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 755 Posts
    No excuses... modern runabouts must, ahem, Fit urban and suburban lifestyles. More work to do.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-04-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    The interesting bit of news in the story is there are over 380 Fiat dealers now. I got confirmation on that today and thought I'd sneak it in and see if you guys would catch that.
    it might look like that on paper.

for me, the two closest CJDR dealers listed as Fiat dealers have a TOTAL of 3 fiats combined on their lots and no fiat signage at all. they've been listed as dealers for over a year. whenever ive stopped by to see whats new, they dont know whats coming in and dont seem to care to talk about the brand at all.

they might just as well be listed as ferrari dealers on the ferarri usa website and it would be almost as accurate.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panther76 For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-04-2018), Fiat500USA (03-04-2018), Tramonto (03-05-2018)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    it might look like that on paper.

for me, the two closest CJDR dealers listed as Fiat dealers have a TOTAL of 3 fiats combined on their lots and no fiat signage at all. they've been listed as dealers for over a year. whenever ive stopped by to see whats new, they dont know whats coming in and dont seem to care to talk about the brand at all.

they might just as well be listed as ferrari dealers on the ferarri usa website and it would be almost as accurate.
    The dealers around here that I go by frequently don't seem to have many cars at all anymore. Maybe 2 or 3 at the most. People don't have many choices, but the one I use does a great job on service at least what I have had to deal with. A while back we did not hardly have any dealerships for Fiat or they closed and the long distance driving for warranty service was nuts. Now we have dealers servicing but no cars. Seems strange.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-04-2018), Fiat500USA (03-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 755 Posts
    The points panther76 and Southernroadrunner make are also true in Wisconsin... the old Milwaukee studio was among the first three to open in the country. The current dealer, a CDJR spot, currently has one 500, one 500L and three 500Xs in inventory. They rarely have more than 5 vehicles. Their FIAT sign was attached to the side of the building... it's not featured on the front face of the building with the other brands despite the fact they've held the license for a 2-3 years.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    The points panther76 and Southernroadrunner make are also true in Wisconsin... the old Milwaukee studio was among the first three to open in the country. The current dealer, a CDJR spot, currently has one 500, one 500L and three 500Xs in inventory. They rarely have more than 5 vehicles. Their FIAT sign was attached to the side of the building... it's not featured on the front face of the building with the other brands despite the fact they've held the license for a 2-3 years.
    They have more dealers, now they need the interest and desire to sell. It's great to have more outlets and service facilities, they have to do something with them.

The disinterest is something the old timers were afraid of when the cars were introduced and why we preferred separate facilities and staff in the beginning. We remember when Chrysler dealers sold Alfa Romeos in the 1990s and how clueless the dealers were back then. Now, with so many cars out there and the lack of stand alone dealers, we don't have a choice and need more places to bring our cars, plus it's a waste to have thousands of potential dealers and not do anything with them. Theses new dealers need a massive training and indoctrination into the company's history and the cars to break the indifference and lack of respect (pickup truck mentality?) shown at some of these places.

I'm hoping when the 2018 500 with its turbo hits the ground, some of the dealer personnel will realize the cars are fun and it may spark some interest and respect.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-06-2018), Grabo (03-04-2018)

Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Tramonto's Avatar
    Thanks
    I do not know what it is about Chrysler and the Itialian cars. With Fiat this is the third time they have tried. First with Maserati from 89-91, then AR in the 90's and now Fiat. I thought the 3rd time was a charm. Or is this going to be a case of 3 strikes your out. They can not seem to learn the lesson. All three times it has been basically the same mistake. Until the dealers get someone in the showrooms that will advocate the Fiat brand this will always be a problem. I truly believe that Fiat management needs to come up with a program for the dealers. The biggest boat that both FCA and the local dealers are missing at this point is the Fiat Club of America. If these two organizations could come together at the table and have a brain storm. This could and would be the gasoline on the fire that Fiat needs. I think that a look at the Harley Davidson program of dealers and clubs would be in order. The clubs have been the BEST sells tool for HD. This brings in a third party. How many times have we all said or heard if you do not believe me go ask so and so. Third party confirmation is a very strong hammer and nail. Wake up Fiat go drink some of that strong Italian coffee and get the lead out of your shorts.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tramonto For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-06-2018), Fiat500USA (03-06-2018)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast