bursa escort beylikdüzü escort meyve siparişi istanbul escort escort bayan istanbul escort escort mersin escort kayseri bursa escort bayan atasehir escort bayan escort bursa bursa escort banko tahmin escort bursa escort bursa bursa escort bursa escort escort kıbrıs bodrum escort canakkale escort afyon escort isparta escort marmaris escort muğla escort fethiye escort trabzon escort aydın escort sivas escort manisa escort yalova escort tekirdag escort izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort porno havalandirma sistemleri izmir escort bursa escort izmir escort izmir escort istanbul escort
How are we NOT talking about the A124 GT !?!?
500 Madness
   
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How are we NOT talking about the A124 GT !?!?

  1. #1
    Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,851
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked 439 Times in 364 Posts

    How are we NOT talking about the A124 GT !?!?

    I think it's fantastic. Maybe not as sexy as the Miata RF but it looks to have fantastic visibility and weighs 35lbs compared to whatever the powered MX-5 roof weighs (too lazy to google sry).

    Check it out! It's a month early for April Fools, but please confirm that this is real Chris!

    fiat-abarth-124-gt.jpg
    Last edited by Ando; 03-01-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added Image

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando For This Useful Post:

    Amacento (03-02-2018)

  3. #2
    Amministratore Fiat500USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11,857
    Thanks
    6,419
    Thanked 6,039 Times in 3,558 Posts
    I haven't heard, but people cry about the pricing of the car (which is a bargain compared to the Euro car and even the Miatta) so can you imagine what they'd say about the cost of a carbon fiber roof? None of the Abarth Venom CF was offered because of the cost of OEM quality CF. Wasn't worth it for them.
    Enjoy the Forum, or has it helped? Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!


    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

  4. #3
    Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,851
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked 439 Times in 364 Posts
    That's fair. And we thought there was a lot of fuss about the hand painted matte stripe package, this would be the same x10 for our market.

    So it sounds like the GT variant may never come to the US?

    Unless I read that short blurb wrong it sounds like the hard top would be in addition to the soft top not as a replacement. It would make a very good option at the very least. Those brave enough to fork over the cash would certainly have something special on their hands.

    Same as the hood stripe package, if you don't see the value, don't buy it! It's pretty simple.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Klasse Act's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Elk Grove Village IL, USA
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 402 Times in 299 Posts
    I know we have the aftermarket to give the car more power but I just wish it had a detuned version of the 4C engine in it, say 210 hp but while I'm dreaming, since its an Abarth, give it the full 240 HP!!!
    2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

  6. #5
    Robert Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Great Neck, NY
    Posts
    5,284
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,130 Posts
    Very cool, my guess was that it was going to be Euro only, but who knows!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

  7. #6
    Boost Addict Lifetime Member opiateESP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 529 Times in 389 Posts
    It looks really good. I would just not enjoy being able to throw the top down on a whim. Great for folks that want a hardtop option though.
    Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

    2017 Abarth 124 Spider
    Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

    The 300+ Club(?)
    #notscare

  8. #7
    Senior Member Amacento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    MKEWI
    Posts
    1,739
    Thanks
    2,900
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    I think it's fantastic. Maybe not as sexy as the Miata RF but it looks to have fantastic visibility and weighs 35lbs compared to whatever the powered MX-5 roof weighs (too lazy to google sry).

    Check it out! It's a month early for April Fools, but please confirm that this is real Chris!

    fiat-abarth-124-gt.jpg
    This is a full-on Abarth Division release. We’re still on the obsolete gen A500. We have no A595. Our A124 required special permission to market as an Abarth. There are lots of reasons to not discuss this. Frustrating is the first to come to mind.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

    https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

    https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

    ... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

    Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

  9. #8
    Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,851
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked 439 Times in 364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opiateESP View Post
    It looks really good. I would just not enjoy being able to throw the top down on a whim. Great for folks that want a hardtop option though.
    That is a conundrum. The GT name implies this upgrade would make driving cross country more bearable.... But what's the point if you can't put the roof down when you get where you are going!? I'm having fun imagining someone smuggling the roof up to their hotel room though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    This is a full-on Abarth Division release. We’re still on the obsolete gen A500. We have no A595. Our A124 required special permission to market as an Abarth. There are lots of reasons to not discuss this. Frustrating is the first to come to mind.
    Sorry about that, at least we weren't denied the Abarth branding again? Baby steps... =[ I do think that it should be made available in the US as an accessory from Mopar. The aftermarket is where Abarth made a name for himself, so why not?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando For This Useful Post:

    Amacento (03-04-2018)

  11. #9
    Senior Member Amacento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    MKEWI
    Posts
    1,739
    Thanks
    2,900
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Sorry about that, at least we weren't denied the Abarth branding again? Baby steps... =[ I do think that it should be made available in the US as an accessory from Mopar. The aftermarket is where Abarth made a name for himself, so why not?
    I want NO MORE non-Abarth division packages. FCAUSA should work with Abarth & Co. division to establish the first US-based arm of the business. Mugen, the Honda equivalent, has King Motorsports (employs Honda Certified techs) to service the North American market. Spoon Racing and J's Racing, likewise, have North American representation for Honda of America. I'm all about tuning history... as long as it's true to the spirit of the brand.

    Twenty-eighteen marked a new era of fandom for me. I am banging on the drum of "Get serious about the brand/s" this year and beyond. I'm not interested in watered-down heritage.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

    https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

    https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

    ... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

    Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

  12. #10
    Amministratore Fiat500USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11,857
    Thanks
    6,419
    Thanked 6,039 Times in 3,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    I want NO MORE non-Abarth division packages. FCAUSA should work with Abarth & Co. division to establish the first US-based arm of the business. Mugen, the Honda equivalent, has King Motorsports (employs Honda Certified techs) to service the North American market. Spoon Racing and J's Racing, likewise, have North American representation for Honda of America. I'm all about tuning history... as long as it's true to the spirit of the brand.

    Twenty-eighteen marked a new era of fandom for me. I am banging on the drum of "Get serious about the brand/s" this year and beyond. I'm not interested in watered-down heritage.

    I think all the enthusiasts want this. The question is how many people would actually sign on? The Miatta averages 10,000 sales or less a year. The GTI usually does less than 20,000 units. It's doubtful the Abarth could reach GTI levels in this country the way the market is now. Honda has been established here for 50+ years with a huge, cult like following even for their mundane stuff. Miata too has been around for almost 30 years and has its own cult. Fiat is still in its infancy compared to these established players.

    You can imagine the tiny numbers of Abarths they may sell in this country doesn't make it an attractive proposition to spend the insane amount of money it takes to do things right in this country. Like most things, it comes down to the money and ROI. Still, we can hope. The heritage is sitting there waiting for someone in the company to step up and do something with it. When will it happen? Someone needs to step up.

    There should be no reason anyone should walk out a Fiat/ Abarth showroom and not be excited or interested in the Brand.
    Enjoy the Forum, or has it helped? Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!


    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Similar Threads

  1. some thoughts on autocrossing the A124
    By jguerdat in forum Autocross
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •