500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 500e seat height?

Thanks

500e seat height?

Is the 500e seat height and mounting the same at the gas 500?

I ask because its getting close to time im gonna get me one, but not much locally (within 200 miles), so will likely have to buy from out of state and have shipped.

Hubby is 6'3" and fits fine in the gas 500 pop with a hard roof, but hits his head on the sunroof version. So, need to know if the seats height is the same as the gas version 500.

Know the batts run underneath, and dont know if the seat geometry is affected for better or worse if there are any mounting differences.

Hard as hell to find a 500e w/o the sunroof. Arghhh !!!
    Dirty Blond
    (Filthy really)

Thanks
    I can't say for certain on the seat height, but from Fiatpartswebstore.com, which lists exploded parts diagrams:

500e:
    ADJUSTER. Manual Seat.

Part Number: 68104807AA

Gas 500:

ADJUSTER. Manual Seat.

Part Number: 68104807AA

So the seat rail is the exact same part as to not suggest any wizardry was done to put the seat lower relative to the frame.

On the other hand, the gas 500 the fix a flat compressor pump goes under the drivers seat, on the 500e there is not enough room for it so the cargo well piece is in the trunk that holds the compressor and 120V charging box.

I'm 5'11" and my no sun roof car fits me just fine with lots of head room and I like to sit very upright in cars.

Thanks
    Thank you Rick.

There is one with the sunroof 80 miles from here, may cruise that way the end of the week with him to see if his circus freak self can fit or not...

Dont care for the one listed, hate silver and it has higher milage, but it will let us know if the sunroof is absolutely out.
    Dirty Blond
    (Filthy really)

Thanks
    From what I've seen the gas and electric models have the same seat height - and the sunroof models will probably not work due to their reduced headroom.

I'm 5'10", but have a long torso. I don't fit at all in the sunroof cars.

-J
    2013 500e
    2012 Passat TDI, 2004 Touareg V10 TDI, 1999.5 Jetta TDI, 1991 350SDL

Thanks
    I'm 6'4". I fit the non-sunroof cars, not the sunroof cars. Wish the passenger side seat was height adjustable as my hair rubs the headliner, but I usually drive & my wife is 5' so not a terrible problem just more of an inconvenience.
    Philip P. Mueller III

Thanks
    Thank you Compu & Philip.

Just what I was afraid of. After Rick (above) was nice enough to pull seat part numbers to match, i figured it was gonna be the same as the gas model. Too bad.

A place on the other side of Ft. Worth has one with a sunroof, and a muni airport a mile away. Will try to fly out there this weekend just to sit in it, but almost certain its a bleak as you all point out for a sunroof.

The hardtop is fine, just alot harder to find. For every 10 i have found online, 9 have sunroofs...

Thank you boys.
    Dirty Blond
    (Filthy really)

Thanks
    Wow, when we got ours in April it was nearly the opposite... at least 2/3 of the cars had solid roofs. Both of the 500e's in our driveway are sunroofless.

-J
    2013 500e
    2012 Passat TDI, 2004 Touareg V10 TDI, 1999.5 Jetta TDI, 1991 350SDL

Thanks
    same here, I wanted a sunroof desperately and they wanted a huge premium out here in Socal. I'm a vertically challenged 5'5" so no worries about headroom and love open air but finally gave up. glad I bought when I did as asking price has gone up a couple thousand in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by compu_85 View Post
    Wow, when we got ours in April it was nearly the opposite... at least 2/3 of the cars had solid roofs. Both of the 500e's in our driveway are sunroofless.

-J

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtoys View Post
    same here, I wanted a sunroof desperately and they wanted a huge premium out here in Socal. I'm a vertically challenged 5'5" so no worries about headroom and love open air but finally gave up. glad I bought when I did as asking price has gone up a couple thousand in the last few months.

That was my situation as well when we were shopping for our used 500e last year. It seemed like the ratio in southern California for 500es with sunroofs to those without was 1:4. I felt like paying up $1,500 was worth it to us for the sunroof, but my hair does brush the bottom of the mesh screen. It's not that the seat rails are high, but it seems like the seat cushion is just too high. I'm only 5'9" and I find the rearview mirror to be a huge blindspot for me. In any other car, the mirror is above my field of vision.

Good luck with your search, OP. You may need to consider shipping the car from another region to get exactly what you want.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maximizese View Post
    it seems like the seat cushion is just too high. I'm only 5'9" and I find the rearview mirror to be a huge blindspot for me. In any other car, the mirror is above my field of vision.
    That's interesting for 5'9". Is the seat height at the lowest setting? I do feel the seat is higher riding and more upright than other cars I've owned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast