500 Madness

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2018 Fiat 500 Revealed!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangavideo View Post
    Another Obstacle for Fiat is country of Origin. IMHO, like it's subsidiary Ferrari but to a much lesser degree, in the US, Fiat & Alfa are viewed as exotic Italian imports not designed for Mass Consumer Daily Drivers.

I love the Quadrifoglio QV. I think it's the most desirable Sedan made and I'd have it ahead of Ferrari's California T. I brought it up in a FB Conversation vs. the M3 and the first thing the Pro M3 crowd threw at me was the supposed $1200/20K Maintenance implying that it was due to it being Italian designed exotic car, yet they neglected to mention BMW's own High running cost.
    I watched a video and the 20K service was $2000, but what's $800 amongst friends, LOL! I too would have the Guilia Quad over anything on the market, the car is stunning, too bad we don't get the 3 pedal arrangement though, just offer it as a special order, we are still out here (I say we as manual drivers, not as a future Guilia Quad owner but then again, I do have my PB ticket for tonight!)
    2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic/Mich AS3's on O.Z. 45th anniversary whls
    Black lights conversion/35% SunTek tint/Nokya yellow fogs
    500Madness MaxPower 93 tune/GoPedal/lightened crank pulley/5K HIDs
    MPx axle-back/ported TB/NUE-F torque mount/28mm rear sway bar
    ATM FMIC/GFB+ DV/NGEN cue ball shiftknob/Leather shift/e-brake boot w/red stitching
    RRM front chassis bracing/NGEN clear side bumper lenses/Euro Compulsion SRI

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenze View Post
    You can show this link to them. https://jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are...***-1784684330

The 14k Fiat 500 looks more reliable than the $68k "ultimate driving machine".
    The Lincoln Town Car will probably run up to 500,000 miles without major repairs.
    Read it, pretty hilarious. He sounds a tad jaded and holding a grudge against BMW. One point I'd disagree with is where he implies the E35 M5 as the definitive performance BMW. IMHO, BMW's pinnacle achievement is the E46 M3 followed by the M2 Coupe at least to me.

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've read previously, it's pretty humorous, but I do think it harkens back to a time when BMW was actually trying to make the ultimate driving machine, instead of ultimate profit. I think the V10 M5 just sticks out in peoples heads as the ultimate M car because it was so perfect at what it was for... being a sleeper, being a car you can take execs out to lunch in and then to the racetrack after work. The E46 M3 might be a better performer in many metrics, but I don't think it represented the M badge as well? I think they should make another 1M personally.

Whoa... just took a look at what this thread is actually about... sorry everyone.

Thanks
    And Fiat's X cannibalizes it's own sister SUV Jeep Renegade so little profit there
    I don't think so, as they look and feel so different, despite being on the same chassis. And if you really want to talk about cannibalism, look at the Jeep Compass and Jeep Cherokee... almost identical, just slight differences in scale. Sub-compact and compact crossovers are all the rage right now though, so all that's holding the 500X back are concerns about the Fiat brand (resale/reliability) and luke warm press reception about the Tigershark 2.4 and 9-speed transmission.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducman69 View Post
    I don't think so, as they look and feel so different, despite being on the same chassis....and luke warm press reception about the Tigershark 2.4 and 9-speed transmission.
    Totally agree, I've spent time in both and I doubt your average car buyer would even be able identify them as sisters. I had an "oh duh" moment when I saw a 2.4 Multiair badge on something recently. I guess I assumed the tigershark didn't get multiair. That said the 2.4 has a pretty "meh" driving character. I'd rather have a 1.4T manual... but hey, I'm pretty biased.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Totally agree, I've spent time in both and I doubt your average car buyer would even be able identify them as sisters. I had an "oh duh" moment when I saw a 2.4 Multiair badge on something recently. I guess I assumed the tigershark didn't get multiair. That said the 2.4 has a pretty "meh" driving character. I'd rather have a 1.4T manual... but hey, I'm pretty biased.
    I'd wager the Jeep would get a better Trade-In/Resale Value 2 years after they are purchased.

Carpe Diem Lifetime Member 500ways's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 500ways View Post
    By the time the 18s roll into the lots, other makers will be readying their 19s. It's a mess.
    OK, you can now "build" the 2018 500 on the Fiat USA site. Yahoo. However, the home page still has the 500 listed as a 2017 model.

Fiat USA Webmaster - please fix that.
    When I grow up, I want to be a Ferrari!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 500ways View Post
    Fiat USA Webmaster - please fix that.
    A couple weeks ago they made some changes to the new 2018 build section. Before if you'd choose the "Urbana Package" on a Pop, the lights would change to the black ones. It also would show you black seats with red headrests or the creme. Then something happened where the Urbana doesn't change the lights and you can now get a creme front driver seat while the rest are black. I don't think that look will catch on.

seat.jpg

Thanks
    I do love the houndstooth, but maybe not two colors plus a red headrest. =P

Reminds me of the Z4 "Concept" with mismatched seats. Personally I think it's cool, maybe they will offer it on the production version... if they ever release it. Hey, maybe FIATs going for a similar design cue and just didn't tell anyone!

BMW-Z4_Concept-2017-1024-0d.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8