500 Madness

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Fiat 500 Revealed!

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stubtail View Post
    I received $1500 Loyalty Cash last month. This move does seem to throw the Abarth under the bus. What are they going to do with pricing? Keep the T-Pop low teens and Abarth low 20K? Raise the T-Pop or lower the Abarth? It seems like a devaluation of the Abarth overall.
    You got $1500 sent to you or $1500 loyalty cash on a trade deal??
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    I made my offer, walked out after getting the run-a-round, called them the next day, they accepted the offer. I go to sign the papers and they said oh you have a FIAT you get $1500 off what we agreed on. They copied my old registration for FCA. I don't know what that is called. End of year and last few days of the month, the out-the-door price was a good one.
    500T- parting out

2018 124 Classica
    Modding up

Thanks
    Mr fiat500usa, is it too late to say thank you Fiat for the improvements. They added on thing that was important to me
    Also I like that the car now has more standard features. Hope the red leather is possible to get.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neubauerjoseph View Post
    Well, I am happy they bought updated to the 2018. I like that they added the turbo 135 engine. Most people I talk to and mags say they like the car, but one problem was so slow or not enough power. with that being said I think the american market like to see HP over MPG. Now if we was in euro or south america I would have a different view on that. I knew 3 people who got rid of there fiat 500 because it just wasnt powerful enough. And as time goes on I also saw that the other companies are putting different engines in them. Ford added ecoboost, making small but yet more mpg, and mini smaller but almost as much power and more MPG. SO I think americans will like this change, and the fact that they added the backup camera as standard that should be a easy way to market. I remember a Fiat studio manager, who ones said many time I putt a aftermarket back up cam on the Fiat 500 just to sell a car.
    So I have a few discussion for you guys and mr fiat 500
    1. I know that Fiat rents 500 with hertz, avis, enterprise do you think they will continue to buy and rent the new 2018
    1.a will it help to sell cars?
    2. what will the Fiat target market think of the changes?
    3. Fans of the Fiat 500 what do they think?
    4. What change is your favorite?
    5 Why did it take so long?
    1. I dont think so. the dealer network is too unorganized, service experiences too negative, reliability too spotty, and many CJDR delaerships have no affinity for selling or even carrying Fiats. I think fiat sales will remain similar to last year.
    2. when the 500T was made available, 500 sales continued to plummet. I dont know why people will be enthused for mostly the same car now. 500 sales were at their peak when they were selling moslty pop, sport, and lounge models naturally aspirated.
    3. I was a fan of the pop and sport models. I dont think lack of power was their problem at all
    4. i will leave that one alone
    5. I think this "change" is just another in a long line of FCA guesswork strategy of how to sell the 500 here....a hail mary, if you will. Its a relatively cheap way for them to see if they can goose sales a little with little risk. I fear we may never actually get to see a new platform on our shores.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to panther76 For This Useful Post:

Amacento (02-11-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stubtail View Post
    I received $1500 Loyalty Cash last month. This move does seem to throw the Abarth under the bus. What are they going to do with pricing? Keep the T-Pop low teens and Abarth low 20K? Raise the T-Pop or lower the Abarth? It seems like a devaluation of the Abarth overall.
    It would have to be a heck of a lot more than $1500 considering how much we would get hit on trade in due to depreciation since we got one of the first cabrios when they came out..so no deep discounts. It's one thing to not care because you hang onto a car until it dies (still driving my Suzuki '05 XL-7 Grand Vitera as my daily/bad weather vehicle, we got a year old...with 120K on it, and our in house mechanic said when he did the 100k tune up...it was showing no leaks or any issues)...another when you trade it in after a few years.

Add to that the only place to get it serviced while under warranty is up north...and except for oil changes...any work requiring their "trained tech" would have to be mon-fri because he doesn't work weekends (unless I take a vacation day)...so no waiting for it on a saturday...drop off on a saturday..pick up a week later....because I'm not fighting rush hour traffic to leave it over night...and their new cars have had wheels stolen off the cars...and other issues of theft on the lot. Also...if there's a hail storm or something...I'm sure they won't bring it in to protect it. I'm sure won't bring it back where we got ours from after the horrible service and treatment...basically being treated like an indentured servant because of the club. I have a shop lined up across the highway that's willing to work on ours...but will Fiat cover warranty work if they do it?

Fiat doesn't really seem to care if they sell cars here or not. Most of their marketing seemed childish when they did do something (remember the GIF's...a guy in a horse suit standing on his hands and dry humping the car is suppose to sell these?).

Think the reason we're seeing more on the road now is because of the deep discounts...and how cheap they are used. People got them because they are a cheap car...and will treat them as such...especially here in the flat lands (where HP, 0-60 times are king) where most of the roads are straight...and there's not to many places to appreciate them.

But...what do I know...I'm just a consumer and "fan" of the cars..and never been in the "biz".

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle) 1980 Spider Pininfarina 2000 (Money Pit)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Blue For This Useful Post:

Amacento (02-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neubauerjoseph View Post
    Well, I am happy they boug
    1. I know that Fiat rents 500 with enterprise do you...?
    1.a will it help to sell cars?
    2. what will the Fiat target market think of the changes?
    3. Fans of the Fiat 500 what do they think?
    4. What change is your favorite?
    5 Why did it take so long?
    - I think FCAUSA exclusively partners with Enterprise. My guess is that will continue. It does help sell cars but people must be in a position to need the use of a small car as a rental. Most businesses recommend a specific class for their employees. That class isn’t subcompact. That stated, my first drive in a 500 was a rental.

- This change will most definitely repell the traditional target but it will also attract those turned off by the 101hp AND those who like the A500 but don’t see enough value to spend the extra money OR want one of the colors unavailable for the A500. Then, there are the tuners who will take the savings from getting a standard 500 to create their own street and track mini-beast.

- The hardcore fans of the standard, naturally aspirated, 500 likely already have one or will soon scoop one up.

- The fact FCAUSA is reacting to the market.

- FCA is a huge multi-billion dollar corporate entity. Nothing ever comes quickly... FCA isn’t unique in this. Fiat, in addition, is an institution in Europe. Changes are scrutinized to a degree not unlike a major moral shift in a religious faith.

I trust these answers help.
    Last edited by Amacento; 02-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    1. I dont think so. the dealer network is too unorganized, service experiences too negative, reliability too spotty, and many CJDR delaerships have no affinity for selling or even carrying Fiats. I think fiat sales will remain similar to last year.
    2. when the 500T was made available, 500 sales continued to plummet. I dont know why people will be enthused for mostly the same car now. 500 sales were at their peak when they were selling moslty pop, sport, and lounge models naturally aspirated.
    3. I was a fan of the pop and sport models. I dont think lack of power was their problem at all
    4. i will leave that one alone
    5. I think this "change" is just another in a long line of FCA guesswork strategy of how to sell the 500 here....a hail mary, if you will. Its a relatively cheap way for them to see if they can goose sales a little with little risk. I fear we may never actually get to see a new platform on our shores.
    1. I dont think so. the dealer network is too unorganized, service experiences too negative, reliability too spotty, and many CJDR delaerships have no affinity for selling or even carrying Fiats

On this I agree and disagree and just from my experience only. I think it might boost sales if people had some cars to choose from on the lots. Since they have started servicing these cars in the CDJR dealers around me (which I have only used 2 of them) They have been very helpful and courteous to me. The last situation was waiting on parts that slowed down the issue being fixed. I have come to the purchase on these to just do the best you think you can on a car deal and don't look back after. That's the way it was when I bought Harleys all the time and they sure aren't cheap but still getting the same way on resale because there is so many now. Dealer won't give you anything for a used Harley anymore, doesn't seem. Guess I just don't learn very well since I bought a 2017 Abarth.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

rustbucket (05-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,643 Times in 3,310 Posts

Fiat Press Conference at Chicago Show

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Full 2018 Fiat 500 introduction press conference held at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. In the video, Matt McAlear, Senior Manager Product Development, Passenger Car Brands, FCA, introduces the 2018 Fiat model lineup, plus answers questions at the end.

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Thanked 5,643 Times in 3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Full 2018 Fiat 500 introduction press conference held at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. In the video, Matt McAlear, Senior Manager Product Development, Passenger Car Brands, FCA, introduces the 2018 Fiat model lineup, plus answers questions at the end.

Read about it here...

Full 2018 Fiat model lineup press conference at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernroadrunner View Post
    I think it might boost sales if people had some cars to choose from on the lots.
    100% agreed. When I started window shopping Fiats my studio only sold FIATs and the 4C. They carry roughly 150 cars on their lot at any time. So back then they had roughly 120 500s to choose from.

Now AR has launched every day cars and their lot consists of 34 Guilias and 61 Stelvios. Add to that the handful of L, X, and 124 Spiders and you have 30(!) 500s to choose from across the entire range. So... between Pop, Lounge, Turbo, Abarth you don't even have double digits of choices to choose from. You better be ok with "popular package" appointed neutral color or expect to custom order your car and get no incentives. Bleh.

I'm happy for Alfa Romeo, but I definitely feel that they are doing FIAT a disservice here.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast