Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Lifetime bumper to bumper warrenty...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bert

Lifetime bumper to bumper warrenty...

Anyone buy into this?

One of our club members bought it, ~$2400.00 extra. He says he intends to keep the car forever so that is why he got it...

I don't intend to buy the warrenty, just wanted to hear opinions about it.

I have an appointment to pick up my PE on Sunday!

• Mike S
    • Jun 2011

Re: Lifetime bumper to bumper warrenty...

I didn't look at that very carefully but if you will keep the car for years or miles then probably.

Will it transfer to a new owner? If so, for sure because you should be able to get that back when you sell or make your sale more desirable.

Comment

• Giallo Edizione
      • Jun 2011

You can buy a bumper to bumper warranty right up to the day the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty expires. I can't understand buying one upfront before you know how long you will keep the car. In theory you might save money, but if you decide to sell the car before 4 year is up, you lose.

Comment

• fredfrey
        Rest in Peace
        • Jun 2011

$2400 buys many repairs! It's like an insurance policy. I'd rather have my italian mechanic do my repairs after warrantee expires.
        Fred - Long Island, NY; 1966 Giulia Super, 1972 GTV 2000, 1973 Zagato Jr, 1973 Giulia Super , 1983 AlfaSud 1.3, 1971 Fiat 500L, 1974 Fiat 500 Abarth replica, 1968 Fiat Dino Spider, 2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione 23, 2102 Abarth, 2003 Toyota Tacoma -Tow vehicle :}

Comment

• Mike S
          • Jun 2011

They are less expensive the earlier you buy them. Day one of the life of the car is the least expensive.

Wanna play the odds?

Comment

• CaliberSRT4

I'll admit, sometimes an extended warranty pays off. But it's just like gambling. Overall, the house always wins.

My advice: don't buy extended warranties or extra insurance. Take the money it would have cost to buy the policy and invest it, then you will still have plenty of money to cover expenses if anything does actually happen. Unless you are the type of person that habitually breaks things and/or has really bad luck and is willing to fight with the companies that sell the policies if necessary... then by all means, buy all the policies you can. <smiley image='smiley_cool.gif'/>

Comment

• sonicsby5

Bert, congrats on getting a date to pick up your Prima! Say hi to Erin for me. Rairdon did a nice job when they sold me mine, it was painless, fast and professional. I believe the "dreaded Doc. Fee" was $150.

Comment