Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

All of the tires were spin balanced. I think I have it figured it out thanks to the you! I took the car into the dealer to get the oil changed and asked...

Check the coolant recovery tank if you haven't already...

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Well, this was a surprise!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoachRick
    • Aug 2015

Well, this was a surprise!!!

Not known for my rational approach to buying vehicles(way too many over the years), I did little to change that aspect of my personality today.

Dropped by the studio with a CEL glowing since Friday afternoon and strolled through the showroom while they were checking out my gremlin(turned out to be some minor valve in the emissions system, I think). Anyway, got to talking with Angela and one of the sales staff and found out they had ONE '17 L left on the lot. Hmmm...White(one of our favorite vehicle colors), Lounge(virtually identical to our '15) WITH a sunroof(unlike our '15). Chat, chat, chat...figure, figure, figure...and we now have the '17 in our garage!!!

I was torn but the numbers work('15 was paid off; but tires and brakes and 40k service looming)...torn because the moonroof was the only tangible "upgrade" from the '15...Dang. It had been many vehicles since our last non-moonroof/convertible car, so that was part of my interest. As it turns out, the relatively nominal difference in the trade value of the '15 and the asking price of the '17 made the deal appealing enough to entice me toward a fresh, new L...and off we go!

They didn't charge me(extra) to remove the GoPedal...it will be installed in the new ride shortly. The new one is silky smooth compared to the '15(in which we just completed a 1200 mile trip after Christmas), even though the '15 didn't feel bad at all.

I'll be updating my signature info forthwith...gotta rest up to get the insurance, toll tag and Sirius squared away tomorrow first thing!

Turned out to be a more eventful day than I had planned!!!
    Current vehicles:
    2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Ice Silver
    2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
    Previous Fiats:2017 FIAT 500L Lounge 2015 500L Lounge; 1979 Strada
  • Ando
    Enthusiastically Slow
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2016

Congrats on the new Elle! Post a picture when you get a chance.

I can relate to too many vehicles, we joke that if I didn't have to pay sales tax and registration fees I would drive a different car every couple of months. =P

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
      Lifetime Member
      • Dec 2015

Coach Rick how cool is that Congrats on the new ride!!!
      !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
      !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• CoachRick
        • Aug 2015

Roll Tide, indeed!!! What a game...what a finish!!!
        Current vehicles:

Comment

• CoachRick
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Ando
          Congrats on the new Elle! Post a picture when you get a chance.

I can relate to too many vehicles, we joke that if I didn't have to pay sales tax and registration fees I would drive a different car every couple of months. =P
          The amount of the "sale" is reduced by the trade-in allowance here in Texas; so, tax was only on the difference in my transaction...cool. Registration here in Williamson County is ~$75/year...unlike our previous state in which we paid ~1% of the vehicle value EACH YEAR for tags!!! $900 one year!!!!!(Two pretty nice vehicles, I'll admit ) Dang!
          Current vehicles:

Comment

• Ando
            Enthusiastically Slow
            Lifetime Member
            • Nov 2016

Hmmm interesting info, I actually have no idea what MN takes, I've never traded a vehicle in! Why the government gets to take a cut of private party sales continues to baffle me though.

Comment

• CoachRick
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Ando
              Hmmm interesting info, I actually have no idea what MN takes, I've never traded a vehicle in! Why the government gets to take a cut of private party sales continues to baffle me though.
              Oh, yeah...Texas gets their 6.25% when private parties try to register the new owner. Georgia didn't have sales tax on private party sales 10 years ago when we left; but they were the ones who hit you for the 1% registration fee(in Fulton Co/Atlanta).

Could be worse...years ago a another tennis pro friend wanted to ship his SAAB convertible back to Australia when he moved. The import duty was the VALUE OF THE VEHICLE !!! Needless to say, he moved without a car and bought one when he got 'home'.
              Current vehicles:

Comment

• Paulbob
                • Feb 2015

Coach, great to hear that folks are still buying the L! Were there many on the lot? I think our dealer here has 18 Stelvios and only one L. The L is used, not new. The dealership here is excellent, but not having luck moving the L models.

Yes, importing cars is tricky. We are planning a move to France and would like to bring some cars. The tax formula is a bit complex and part of it is based on CO2 emissions. The tax is about halved when the car is 10 years old. What is interesting is that I don’t see any Elles for sale over there with the 160hp engine. It would be nice to have our US market Elle with its powerful engine for the Alps!

PB

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CoachRick
                  Not known for my rational approach to buying vehicles(way too many over the years), I did little to change that aspect of my personality today.

Dropped by the studio with a CEL glowing since Friday afternoon and strolled through the showroom while they were checking out my gremlin(turned out to be some minor valve in the emissions system, I think). Anyway, got to talking with Angela and one of the sales staff and found out they had ONE '17 L left on the lot. Hmmm...White(one of our favorite vehicle colors), Lounge(virtually identical to our '15) WITH a sunroof(unlike our '15). Chat, chat, chat...figure, figure, figure...and we now have the '17 in our garage!!!

I was torn but the numbers work('15 was paid off; but tires and brakes and 40k service looming)...torn because the moonroof was the only tangible "upgrade" from the '15...Dang. It had been many vehicles since our last non-moonroof/convertible car, so that was part of my interest. As it turns out, the relatively nominal difference in the trade value of the '15 and the asking price of the '17 made the deal appealing enough to entice me toward a fresh, new L...and off we go!

They didn't charge me(extra) to remove the GoPedal...it will be installed in the new ride shortly. The new one is silky smooth compared to the '15(in which we just completed a 1200 mile trip after Christmas), even though the '15 didn't feel bad at all.

I'll be updating my signature info forthwith...gotta rest up to get the insurance, toll tag and Sirius squared away tomorrow first thing!

Turned out to be a more eventful day than I had planned!!!
                  Congratulations!! Great way to start the new year. Can't wait to see some pictures! hint...hint
                  Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                  fiat 500 forum signature
                  abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• CoachRick
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Paulbob
                    Coach, great to hear that folks are still buying the L! Were there many on the lot? I think our dealer here has 18 Stelvios and only one L. The L is used, not new. The dealership here is excellent, but not having luck moving the L models.

Yes, importing cars is tricky. We are planning a move to France and would like to bring some cars. The tax formula is a bit complex and part of it is based on CO2 emissions. The tax is about halved when the car is 10 years old. What is interesting is that I don’t see any Elles for sale over there with the 160hp engine. It would be nice to have our US market Elle with its powerful engine for the Alps!

PB
                    Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                    Congratulations!! Great way to start the new year. Can't wait to see some pictures! hint...hint
                    Seems our L is now the only used L on the lot and the '17 I bought was the last available with zero '18s available. I've seen quite a few around town; but I know it's not a big seller. It fits us just fine. If the X had 220hp, I might have taken a look at it; but we'll drive the new L until Volvo brings over the XC40(at twice the cost, the Volvo will really need to speak to me!!!)

We've got a FIAT Club of Austin meet tomorrow...hopefully some pics will be taken! Going to be sunny but cold!
                    Current vehicles:

Comment

• rustbucket
                      • May 2013

Big congrats on the new Elle!! With the moonroof and the Elle's great views out the windows, it sounds like just the ticket to check out the bluebonnets come spring.
                      2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• CoachRick
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by rustbucket
                        Big congrats on the new Elle!! With the moonroof and the Elle's great views out the windows, it sounds like just the ticket to check out the bluebonnets come spring.
                        Dodging the 'cedar' pollen right now...extremely high! But, you are right about the visibility in(out) the L...it's fantastic!
                        Current vehicles:

Comment

• CoachRick
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                          Finally, a pic of our new Elle...along with a shot of a few Austin FIAT Club cars at our lunch meet today. Temps in the 40s may have kept a couple of the vintage ragtops away; but a nice turnout of nice folks!!!

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Fiat500USA; 01-13-2018, 09:13 PM. Reason: turned images;)
                          Current vehicles:

Comment

• CoachRick
                            • Aug 2015

Dang, I even read the Sticky about sideways pics; but these were taken with the phone upright AND they show in proper orientation on my phone and computer...not sure why they went sideways when I posted. Too many at once, mayhaps??
                            Current vehicles:

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Dec 2015

CoachRick I'm having the same issue with photos going sideways but I think they said their working on that issue.And I'm not on an iphone.
                              !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                              !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment