Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

B@W (Bored at Work) 2018

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ando
    Enthusiastically Slow
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2016

I really wanted to ask him if he would believe me that my exhaust was 100% OEM. But he was being nice so I was being courteous and direct.

I would love a pull like that. "Take it up with Italy pal, I've got places to be!"

Edit: Oh ****! It's actually going to happen to you though. That EC P&B tune is brutal, I totally forgot.

Comment

• sonicsdaman
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Ando
      Oh ****! It's actually going to happen to you though. That EC P&B tune is brutal, I totally forgot.

I also have the suitcase exhaust with "abarth" and the scorpion stamped on it, let them try and deny that its not oem
      2004 - Mazda Rx8 (Dorito powa)
      2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• Fiat500USA
        Amministratore
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by pizzamann95
        I finally finished the Cars and Donut Series. Now if I can only finish the other two sets.
        Nice! All interesting cars there.

Morning all!

Got pulled for my first moving violation in the Abarth last night. Officer mentioned "I heard you before I saw you so I got out my radar" and my first thought was "My good friend! You've betrayed me!" Naw, like most things don't blame the exhaust, blame the nut behind the wheel.

Traffic was worse than usual so I was pretty excited to use 2nd gear... admittedly I got a bit carried away.

Let me go for free because I was alone on the road and was already shutting it down before I saw him.... well, to be fair, I never saw him until he was following me. I guess my wife's charm has partially rubbed off on me.

So, cool to get off free but a wake up call because this isn't exactly a rare occurrence... and apparently my speedo is slow. (╯︵╰,)
        You must have some good karma there!

Originally posted by sonicsdaman
        go play the lottery tonight.

I'm still waiting for the day I get pulled over for my factory exhaust being "too loud"
        My new neighbors happen to both be police officers. In passing they teased me about my exhaust and were surprised it was stock.

During the press introduction of the 500 Abarth, we were turned loose on the streets with pre production cars and terrorized the Las Vegas area. Some of the guys went looking for the top speed, but the only ticket during the time I was there was a ticket for a loud exhaust.

According to the vehicle integration manager, exhaust standards are not federal but local so they had to validate to each standard. It was touch and go for a while and they got the car ready to use the European muffler in case they couldn't get the current system to pass. This took so much time and is why the early cars have the suitcase housing, but with no noise attenuation inside. Pretty wild.
        Last edited by Fiat500USA; 12-13-2018, 11:08 PM. Reason: fix some weird grammar ;)
        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
        fiat 500 forum signature
        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• neubauerjoseph
          • Feb 2014

so does anyone know if you can still get the white 17 inch wheels?

Comment

• sonicsdaman
            • May 2016

Originally posted by neubauerjoseph
            so does anyone know if you can still get the white 17 inch wheels?
            brand new? or used? cause I think they replaced the white with bronze in 16 or 17 myo
            2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• sonicsdaman
              • May 2016

Morning all TGIFFF!
              2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• pizzamann95
                • Oct 2015

Happy Friday. We made it through another week. I think someone messed up along the way. It should be work 2 days and have the rest of the week off.
                2019 Subaru Crosstrek :burnout:

instagram: pizzamann95 :distant:
                psn: pizzamann95 :uzi:gun2

Comment

• Ando
                  Enthusiastically Slow
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Nov 2016

Happy friday!

My karma has been rebalanced, some kid hit our mailbox last night. Bleh.

I heard the noise, ran outside, saw the car stop in the cul de sac down the street and ran down to confront him. Not smart on my part, but the kid lied straight to my face and told me a story about seeing someone else hit it (despite being the only set of tracks in the fresh snow in the street) told me he would file a report with what he remembered of the license plate... ok sure... He left the neighborhood, driving right past a cop! What luck! I told the cop to go talk to him and lo and behold, he fessed up to the cop. So, hes a little $h!t but at least he doesn't lie to authority? The fun will continue this weekend as I talk to the parents and figure out how I'm going to get mail.

Comment

• sonicsdaman
                    • May 2016

I could be wrong but isn't something about hitting mail boxes and running a felony or something
                    2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• Ando
                      Enthusiastically Slow
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Nov 2016

Dunno. I can check the case report and get back to you! He's a minor, so maybe not that serious. I think despite having to purchase them yourself a mailbox is considered federal property. That's part of the reason rifling through other people's mail is such a serious offense.

Comment

• pizzamann95
                        • Oct 2015

It sounded like the kid tried to flee the scene of an accident. A collision with a mailbox is considered a collision. According to the Postal Service, mailboxes belong to the home owner, but in this case, you can make a claim against the driver if he admits fault. If it was maliciously destroyed, ie, baseball bat, intentionally running it over, or explosives, then you have a felony.

Comment

• sonicsdaman
                          • May 2016

ah okay see I knew some form of mailbox destruction was a felony
                          2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• Ando
                            Enthusiastically Slow
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Nov 2016

Texting and driving is malicious in my book. >=}

He told the cop some story about braking to avoid an animal or some nonsense but there wasn't an inch of sliding before he hit the mailbox... he didn't even see it until it was bouncing off the hood of his car.

I was pretty freaking tired but I should have taken photos. Tire treads in fresh snow is pretty damning evidence to anyone with half a brain. Owell, wasn't thinking. Got a call from the dad, seems like a respectable guy. I was afraid the dad would just be an older sh!thead.

Cars should seriously come with cell phone interlocks, more dangerous than drunk driving IMO.
                            Last edited by Ando; 12-14-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• sonicsdaman
                              • May 2016

Cars should seriously come with cell phone interlocks, more dangerous than drunk driving IMO.
                              AT&T has an app like that, it comes pre installed on most newer phones and all the plan holder(parents) has to do is activate it, I think it goes by gps speed
                              2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• pizzamann95
                                • Oct 2015

Oh the things that google suggests.

Comment