500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New owner with a '14 Orange on the driveway

Thanks

New owner with a '14 Orange on the driveway

Hello group,

Purchased a lease return '14 with 29k a couple weeks ago and started ownership with a 150 mile drive home. No better way to get acquainted with charging point software and range anxiety than a long trip. Took all day and was a bit of an adventure but worth it for the car. Very clean, just under a year left on warranty $6999. Having a lot of fun with it and it fits my needs quite well. 28 mile round trip commute and have a 110v outlet right next to my car at work so pretty easy to keep fully charged. I'm now a two Fiat owner, with a '17 124 Abarth 6sp in the garage too

I am in process of getting a 40A outlet at the house and plan on getting the chargepoint 32a plugin. They are discounted right now and I like their software.

Also just received a cargo net off amazon that doesn't appear to be an easy install. The pictures look nothing like my car and thinking this might be a project. Am I missing something here?

And also have a Drawtite hitch receiver waiting to be installed, as I'm an avid cyclist and plan on taking advantage of the easy hitch install. I sold a much unused Tacoma to make room for this and bike transportation was a must.

This morning plugged in a soundbot360 usb Bluetooth adaptor so I can stream my music and it worked without a hitch. Nice having the aux and usb port together for the adaptor. Doesn't sound as good as directly plugged in but worth the convenience.

So far my only need to bring the car in would be for a bad alignment. Car pulls a bit and the wheel is off center. I don't see any signs of curbing the wheels or accidents but it's definitely off. Fortunately tire wear looks perfect but it needs fixing. Otherwise all recalls were done and loving this thing. Much more fun than I expected.

Look forward to getting lots of tips here and contributing as well.

Mark

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redtoys For This Useful Post:

msjulie33 (12-08-2017)

Thanks
    I hate you.

Ok, just kidding, but you got the exact car Im searching for...

Enjoy !
    Dirty Blond
    (Filthy really)

Thanks
    Regarding alignment, just in case you get told a 'story' like I got when I got my tires.

Can only do front wheel alignment. Toe and Camber...cannot do rear wheel alignments unless you buy a shim kit.

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
    I hate you.

Ok, just kidding, but you got the exact car Im searching for...

Enjoy !
    I saw an orange one on Carvana or cars.com I think it was the other day.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES / ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS /
    TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    CORSA FORZA - REAR TORSION BAR / DIY-REAR SEAT DELETE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 997 Posts
    Congrats, what a deal for an electric!

Welcome to the forum!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Thanks
    Congrats on your new buy and welcome to the forum - my girlfriend and I currently have 5 Fiats between us and are loving every minute.

Thanks
    I trust you got the white interior like I did? the Bluetooth adapter sounds interesting, i’ll look into that!

Thanks
    Welcome aboard. I too have an orange 14 off lease 500e and a Tacoma that gets mainly pitty miles on the weekends.

Thanks
    Thanks all for the welcome. Since buying the car I've driven it to work almost every day and my Abarth sits idle in the garage. Though part of that is due to the crazy winds and fires around here, driving a convertible in smoke is no joy. The prices in the area have been going up and I'm seeing lots on the streets lately. I had to move quickly when I spotted the deal and now not seeing anything around here starting much less than $9k. Once the next batch of lease returns show up thinking prices will dip again.

Anyone have input on putting the cargo net in the car? Thinking this will be a patch job but since this is a grocery getter do want the net back there.

Mark

Thanks
    Since Mar 2015 was the month they sold a ton of these (I think more than the previous 3 months) you will see a ton of cheap ones in March 2018

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast