Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Alfa Romeo Back in Formula 1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert Nixon

Alfa Romeo Back in Formula 1

Just announced, Alfa Romeo will become title sponsor of the Sauber F1 team, coming back to F1 after 30 years. The parent company FIAT Chrysler Automobiles is certainly putting their money where their mouth is by returning to Formula 1. The team will continue with new Ferrari engines, but Alfa Romeo will be the name and logo on the car, and the Swiss team will be named Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team.

2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/
  • KellyfromVA
    • Feb 2016

I've often wondered whether in these modern days, sponsoring any sort of race team benefits the manufacturer. Before the days of computer modeling and design, some manufacturers like Honda and Ferrari used racing particularly for stress-testing materials and designs. Soichiro Honda developed some of his original in-line two and four cylinder engine designs via the racetrack.

Anymore, it seems like the main interest in sponsoring a race car is primarily for advertising, but has been proven isn't a very good business decision. Even Honda admits they don't sell cars because of their involvement in F1. It's more of a carry-over from the founder's wishes.

Comment

• ewflyer
      • Mar 2012

But I'll take it and I'm thankful there's so much interest and enthusiasm out there right now for F1. It seems like things are shaping up for a great 2018 season.

I've been a consistent F1 fan since the early '70s and have seen F1 through some up years where it had that extra mojo (magic, charm, relevance, some intangible factor that gave it real energy) and some down years where it lost a lot of that. Through it all the cars and the drivers and the courses were always excellent so the extra mojo obviously comes from something else (or a combination of many "somethings" that is way too complex to understand or explain). Feels like F1 is going to have a good year in 2018.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Great question, why does any business compete in motor sports? To stay relevant, advertising, just to associate themselves with "winners"? At least with the next engine change coming in 2021 there are more engine manufacturers thinking about it.
        2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
        My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• pvflyer
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Robert Nixon
          Just announced, Alfa Romeo will become title sponsor of the Sauber F1 team, coming back to F1 after 30 years. The parent company FIAT Chrysler Automobiles is certainly putting their money where their mouth is by returning to Formula 1. The team will continue with new Ferrari engines, but Alfa Romeo will be the name and logo on the car, and the Swiss team will be named Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team.

http://www.sauberf1team.com/news/the...ith-alfa-romeo

Ha ha , you bit me to the punch. I just saw the news today and is good news for F1. Alfa have a place in F1, nice to see the brand coming back ! hope this is just the beginning for what to come.

This may be how Sauber could look like ? Pick your poison.

Perhaps bring back the crazy Brabham / Alfa Romeo powered fan car , I miss the good old days when you could design whatever your pocket could dream off.
          Last edited by pvflyer; 11-29-2017, 03:32 PM.
          "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

della folgore l'impeto

panem et circenses. Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment.

Comment

• pvflyer
            • Sep 2016

If this is the official livery it looks good.

"My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

della folgore l'impeto

panem et circenses. Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment.

Comment