Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Running 205/50 R16 on the Abarth

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mini Cord
    • Dec 2011

Running 205/50 R16 on the Abarth

I needed to buy new winter tires for the Abarth. I originally bought the Pirelli Snow Control as it was either that or chinese tires. I hated those Pirellis as they have absolutely no traction on ice or snow.

As most of you know, upsizing to 205/45 R16 is not an option either as I could only find Pirelli winter tires in that size.

So, I went to Michelins 205/50 R16 and decided to risk it after finding some posts that say they will fit.

Well, they "fit", rear is no problem. Front they will rub a bit against the plastic fender liner on full lock, but not enough to bother me. However, what a difference do they make, I got traction!

Here are some pictures.

Hope this helps someone!
    sigpic
    Fiat 500 Abarth 2013 - Fiat 500 Sport 2012
    Austin Mini Moke 1965
    www.minipassionmini.com
  • express_wagon
    • Dec 2014

Never thought I would say this, those 205s look meaty. Nice job. Kind of stinks it rubs on full lock as these cars already have such terrible turning radius as is.

Comment

• Mini Cord
      • Dec 2011

You still get the same turning radius. Funny, they rub more in reverse.

Also, the speedometer (analog) is finally accurate.
      sigpic
      Fiat 500 Abarth 2013 - Fiat 500 Sport 2012
      Austin Mini Moke 1965
      www.minipassionmini.com

Comment

• TheFirstRedYoshi
        • Nov 2017

I can't wrap my head around the turning radius of this car.

I thought my Focus ST was crazy...that thing may as well have been an F150 with a 39ft turning circle VS 37ft in the Abarth. But the Abarth makes even less sense, given the size of the car. I once drove a Scion IQ, and pretty sure you could drive that car within a foot of a person and complete the full circle turn without ever leaving that foot of space. It was comical.

Comment

• xbondpx
          • Jan 2019

Can someone post pictures with this setup (205/50r16)?

Comment

• kasabarth13
            • Dec 2015

I had Riken 205/45/16s installed for $370 and they are pretty nice ride. Riken, for those who didn't know like me, is a Michelins budget brand so they are nice tires incase anyone is looking.

Comment

• cmouta
              • Feb 2016

I went 195/50/R16 with my blizzaks. It's about .25" larger diameter than the stock 17's but keeping it narrow keeps from rubbing and improves snow traction.
              Chris
              2013 Nero 500C Abarth
              1988 Rosso Red Merkur XR4Ti

Comment

• draginator
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by cmouta
                I went 195/50/R16 with my blizzaks. It's about .25" larger diameter than the stock 17's but keeping it narrow keeps from rubbing and improves snow traction.
                Yay fellow CT resident, how did the tires work for you and any rubbing?

Comment

• rustbucket
                  • May 2013

Fwiw last winter I ran Blizzak WS80's in the optional factory 205/40R17 size on aftermarket wheels- I didn't want to get involved with mounting/dismounting every winter and I didn't want to subject the factory wheels to a steady dose of salt... they use plenty of it around here. No issues with rubbing, they worked well. Bridgestone didn't make a Blizzak in the base Abarth 195/45R16 size so I went with the 17''s .... I didn't want to experiment with non stock sizes. If you go with an aftermarket wheel, choose a more open design that is less likely to trap snow. Liked the wheels on my previous 500 Sport but they were miserable come winter- stopping to clean out snow trapped in the wheels was a regular occurrence. If you didn't the resulting imbalance was pretty brutal- think Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier for the first time.
                  Last edited by rustbucket; 07-28-2020, 01:01 AM.
                  2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment