Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
Wrong part buddy. I am speaking about the torque strut insert (http://www.neu-f.com/nf2201-neu-f-to...rm-insert.html) which doesn't add power but changes the delivery of power by eliminating the flex. I say it can be overlooked because people want go-fast goodies so it can be forgotten.

Sorry if I was not clear enough previously. Torque arm might have been the better wording but so many (including me) always called it Torque strut insert so I guess it became a habit.

Strut braces you speak of are a waste of money unless you care about the look and not about function.
I wonder if this adds or increases NVH in the car, especially automatics, when stopped. And if so, by how much? I'd be interested in putting one on my 2015 Auto Abarth, but not sure how much NVH increase I am willing to put up with.

I remember on my Mazda 6s V6 automatic I had a beefier rear engine mount installed (CP-E). The bushings were EPDM rubber, (I think 70 durometer). With those driving a manual, the increased NVH was minimal. You don't notice it when driving and it was barely noticeable when stopped since you can disengage the transmission or hold in the clutch. But for those of us that drove automatics it was more pronounced, especially so when the AC was running. So much so that I would make sure to turn off the AC when I was in a stopped position. With the AC off, the added NVH was tolerable. When driving, it felt like it did on a manual car, not even noticeable. But, holy crap, did it make a difference in stiffening up the engine, transferring torque to the wheels quicker and reducing wheel hop.