500 Madness

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which two out these five mods is the best bang for buck.

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Holey Cowl

Looks like it's sold out, bummer.

Search around the forum for details on it, they basically tested it on forum members car's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Holey Cowl

Looks like it's sold out, bummer.

Search around the forum for details on it, they basically tested it on forum members car's.
    Does this alow you to keep your engine cover????

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Which model and brand do you recommend?????
    I know which one I prefer the most but we have alot of vendors on here with their own setups. You might talk to each of them then decide for your self.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Does this allow you to keep your engine cover????
    Yup, that's how they do it in the install video (on the right bar under the "Installation" tab of the product page). Technically it's nothing but dead weight at that point, but you can keep it because it looks nice.
    Last edited by Ando; 05-03-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: eliminated redundancy

Yup, that's how they do it in the install video (on the right bar under the "Installation" tab of the product page). Technically it's nothing but dead weight at that point, but you can keep it because it looks nice.
    Thanks.......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Thanks I did the torque brace and short shift adapter already.........how much better is the new madness max power ecu over the older models??????
    I kind of figured maybe these were done but was not certain as far as the torque strut since it is easy to overlook and the shifter is not as often done but is def worth doing (I think).

If you are comparing the new ECU to the older TMC based units then it is a much better option than the older TMC based units. I believe far more is affected by the newer device, far more power and I'd imagine also a much larger amount of modifications and improvements.

If there is another "older" to which you are referring someone else will need to answer.

Thanks
    Question for you Tweak. I didn't think strut braces were necessarily overlooked for our cars, but more so that they don't make that big of a difference and therefore aren't installed as often. You seem to be a big fan however.

I thought they weren't done as often because of the way the strut towers are tucked way back into the body of the car? There is less need as they are stiffer stock than many cars and the brace needs to have a giant jog in it to avoid the windshield, lowering the amount of rigidity it can add. Sure, if all other handling mods are done it's not a bad idea but I've never heard someone talk about strut braces with the same level of awe as vertical chassis brace upgrades.

Anywho, just looking for your perspective really. Sorry to thread-jack murder after midnight.

Thanks
    Question for you Tweak. I didn't think strut braces were necessarily overlooked for our cars, but more so that they don't make that big of a difference and therefore aren't installed as often. You seem to be a big fan however.

I thought they weren't done as often because of the way the strut towers are tucked way back into the body of the car? There is less need as they are stiffer stock than many cars and the brace needs to have a giant jog in it to avoid the windshield, lowering the amount of rigidity it can add. Sure, if all other handling mods are done it's not a bad idea but I've never heard someone talk about strut braces with the same level of awe as vertical chassis brace upgrades.

Anywho, just looking for your perspective really. Sorry to thread-jack murder after midnight.
    Wrong part buddy. I am speaking about the torque strut insert (http://www.neu-f.com/nf2201-neu-f-to...rm-insert.html) which doesn't add power but changes the delivery of power by eliminating the flex. I say it can be overlooked because people want go-fast goodies so it can be forgotten.

Sorry if I was not clear enough previously. Torque arm might have been the better wording but so many (including me) always called it Torque strut insert so I guess it became a habit.

Strut braces you speak of are a waste of money unless you care about the look and not about function.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Strut braces you speak of are a waste of money unless you care about the look and not about function.
    This was my impression as well, hence my surprise. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks
    This was my impression as well, hence my surprise. Thanks for the clarification.
    Again, sorry for the confusion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast