500 Madness

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which two out these five mods is the best bang for buck.

Question Which two out these five mods is the best bang for buck.

[COLOR=#333333]I have a 2013 abarth cabrio with a madness V2 piggy back/gopedal/torque arm insert/madness short shift adapter.
    Will prolly have the money for two of the following mods because of the BF sale what would be your recommendation????

Corsa Forza rear torsion bar
    Corsa Forsa vertical chassis braces
    Corsa Forsa Lower sub frame brace
    go fast bits GFB Dv+
    Sila Cold air kit
    [/COLOR]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,043 Posts
    I'd guess 2 of the first 3 would make the most difference in performance by tightening up the suspension.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nixon View Post
    I'd guess 2 of the first 3 would make the most difference in performance by tightening up the suspension.
    thank U sir any other opinions of the other bits......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,043 Posts
    The cold air kit alone will not make a big difference, and I'm not as familiar with the diverter valve stuff, but I know that suspension upgrades are always good.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Thanks
    I would go cold air for faster spooling and ALL THE SOUNDZ.
    Rear torsion bar upgrade to help that sloppy rear!
    2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s
    "It feels like you have no suspension! Why does it explode when you shift?
    IS YOUR CAR ILLEGAL??" ~ My Mom

Thanks
    The Sila intake is meh. That was one of the first mods I made and it didn't fit that we'll. The HCI intake (Speedmotive) and the EC v2 (Eurocompulsion) are similar but fit better. They will all allow better airflow and a little bump in power.

The DV+ allows the car to hold higher boost a bit better, but not sure you need it until you are making more power than the piggy back will give you.

I'm not familiar with the brand of the suspension mods you list. They look like knock offs of the Neu-F and El Gato parts which have been on the market for years. Neuf and El Gato make great stuff, I've not heard any reports of Corsa Forza. Speedmotive, Eurocompulsion and NGEN performance all have great deals going on right now. You might be better served sticking with the tried and tested options.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to texanbrit For This Useful Post:

NGEN (11-28-2017)

Thanks
    Vertical chassis braces will make a huge difference. NGEN or 4C coil packs are almost a necessity.
    Last edited by Jerseyboy; 11-27-2017 at 09:11 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerseyboy For This Useful Post:

NGEN (11-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
    Vertical chassis braces will make a huge difference.
    in what way?

Thanks
    The stock chassis braces/vertical braces are weak; I've seen them fold under "spirited" driving. The upgrades do stiffen up the front-end a tad too and help with the turn in a little. I think the top mount upgrades make more of a difference. I'd recommend El Gato braces for vertical braces.

I wouldn't worry about the coil packs until you have more boost unless you are having issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by texanbrit View Post
    I'm not familiar with the brand of the suspension mods you list. They look like knock offs of the Neu-F and El Gato parts which have been on the market for years. Neuf and El Gato make great stuff, I've not heard any reports of Corsa Forza. Speedmotive, Eurocompulsion and NGEN performance all have great deals going on right now. You might be better served sticking with the tried and tested options.
    Knock offs they're not but rather a more affordable option, not hearing about may be a disadvantage to most. Corsa Forza Performance suspension products are well made and seems to be evolving..... ask those that have been using the parts for quite some time.....not those that has not heard about it.

Just my opinion.......reason why CFP prices are low is because you are buying directly form the manufacturer not from a vendor who may just likely drop ship the product they sell.

Get the best your money can buy........can't go wrong on that. #2 and #3 is a good part upgrade to start with from what I gathered. I bought #1 to #3 myself and getting them on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Ruckus; 11-28-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast