Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Noob 2017 Abarth

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diesel
    • Nov 2017

Hey Tweak.

Thank you.

Thinking about the chipbox and pedal booster now!
    sigpic

Comment

• Tweak
      Rest In Peace
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by diesel
      Hey Tweak.

Thank you.

Thinking about the chipbox and pedal booster now!
      I imagine you'll have a lot of fun regardless of which you choose. Just read of the experiences of others and buy what best fits your budget and wants for your ride.
      Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• Voodude
        • Sep 2016

Welcome. You'll have a lot fun driving, modding, researching and reading member reviews for sure. Like Tweak said you have fun regardless and whatever order you choose first.

These were my mods that I started with in the first months... RRM chassis brace and Neuf Torsion Bar off the bat. Then Neuf Short Shifter adapter and Neu-F Torque Arm Insert. Really wanted to get a feel on the suspension and lower cost to tighten up shifting.
        2013 Abarth Bianco
        BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 205/40/17 | Ciao Torino Wheelset Silver | Craven Stubby Antenna | EC Euro+Drive w/ Dual Tune 695TF and Phase 1 * EC v4.1 Intake * EC Prometeo Oil Cap | Fiat Black Tailights | GFB DV+ | MPX Axle Back | NEU-F 28mm Rear Torsion Bar * Lowering Springs * Short Shift Adapter * Torque Arm Insert | NGEN Ignition Coils | NGK DCPR9EIX plugs | PTP Turbo Blanket | RaceEng Shift Knob Ashiko TranRed | RRM Corsa Chassis Braces | VVME HID Lamps & LED interior

Comment

• pizzamann95
          • Oct 2015

Welcome to the forum, Diesel. You should post up a pic of your car when you get a chance. I noticed that you're already getting the itch to mod the heck out of it. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I run the RRM chasis braces on my ride. They work great and I wished I had bought them sooner. I would skip the tower brace and put a bigger bar in the rear, NueF or RRM would work well. There is a sub frame brace right by the oil drain valve that's the same stamped aluminum as the OEM chasis braces. Change that out to something stronger, and the car will corner like its on rails. It also makes it feel more planted on the highway at higher speeds. There are a lot of great guys/gals on here that are more than willing to help with any questions you have. Welcome to the family.
          2019 Subaru Crosstrek :burnout:

instagram: pizzamann95 :distant:
          psn: pizzamann95 :uzi:gun2

Comment

• Tweak
            Rest In Peace
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by pizzamann95
            Welcome to the forum, Diesel. You should post up a pic of your car when you get a chance. I noticed that you're already getting the itch to mod the heck out of it. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I run the RRM chasis braces on my ride. They work great and I wished I had bought them sooner. I would skip the tower brace and put a bigger bar in the rear, NueF or RRM would work well. There is a sub frame brace right by the oil drain valve that's the same stamped aluminum as the OEM chasis braces. Change that out to something stronger, and the car will corner like its on rails. It also makes it feel more planted on the highway at higher speeds. There are a lot of great guys/gals on here that are more than willing to help with any questions you have. Welcome to the family.
            Definitely recommend the upgraded rear torsion bar... and have a funny-ish example as to what happens when you do...

Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• diesel
              • Nov 2017

Hey guys, thanks for all the information! I've gone ahead and installed the El Gato braces and the DNA sub frame brace. I have a DNA strut tower brace still to be installed as well as a Chipbox.

EL Gato Chassis Braces
              abarth_frame_brace_fiat-768x512.jpg

DNA Sub Frame Brace
              how_to_install_subframe_brace_abarth-768x512.jpg

Took a million pictures of both installs.

Last edited by Fiat500USA; 12-17-2017, 07:22 PM. Reason: multiple links removed
              sigpic

Comment

• Tweak
                Rest In Peace
                • Nov 2012

Such a huge difference between the stock and El Gato (or other brand of those type braces).

Comment

• diesel
                  • Nov 2017

The difference is unreal. Front end is completely planted! I tried to get on it on the way home up the mountain for my test drive, but there were too many slow pokes for me to push it. Can't wait to really test it on the turns, but even without pushing it hard I can feel a huge change.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Tweak
                    Rest In Peace
                    • Nov 2012

The difference is unreal. Front end is completely planted! I tried to get on it on the way home up the mountain for my test drive, but there were too many slow pokes for me to push it. Can't wait to really test it on the turns, but even without pushing it hard I can feel a huge change.
                    With the rear torsion bar is as or possibly more dramatic a change (but might be harder to tell with other mods already done.

Comment

• diesel
                      • Nov 2017

Hey Tweak.

How about regular driving on the highway and stuff?

Still comfortable with the upgraded rear torsion bar?

FYI... Just got my Chipbox in the mail!
                      Last edited by diesel; 12-18-2017, 06:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Tweak
                        Rest In Peace
                        • Nov 2012

Hey Tweak.

How about regular driving on the highway and stuff?

Still comfortable with the upgraded rear torsion bar?

FYI... Just got my Chipbox in the mail!
                        Oh yeah. Improved in cornering without question and also better on hard braking or any maneuvering you might do quickly when driving as well.

Hope you like the Chipbox, not one I know as much about but I hope to read your thoughts once installed.

Comment

• diesel
                          • Nov 2017

Hey Tweak. I still have not have installed the Chipbox. Still waiting for the inspiration to get out there and do it along with the tower brace. I'm thinking about going with the adjustable DNA rear bar. Know much about that one?

Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Tweak
                            Rest In Peace
                            • Nov 2012

Hey Tweak. I still have not have installed the Chipbox. Still waiting for the inspiration to get out there and do it along with the tower brace. I'm thinking about going with the adjustable DNA rear bar. Know much about that one?

Thanks!
                            I understand procrastination, there is much that could be but has not been done with my Abarth still (and a lot that has been done of course).

I only know DNA is said to be of high quality so I would think it a good choice. What I can tell you is unless you track the car the likelihood of making any adjustments are slim to none. This might differ from some but I feel that applies to the majority so take that as you will.

As for my brace... I have the RRM Big Red (pic here: http://i41.tinypic.com/2j47bt3.jpg )because I got a pretty sweet deal on that and several other parts in a lump deal. I also have internal bracing in the rear which makes a lot less difference than the torsion bar I'm sure.

And just because... these are 2 of my fav pics of Mirabella...
                            Just links, won't embed them to save space...

http://i63.tinypic.com/24cwroy.jpg & http://i67.tinypic.com/jgjn68.jpg

Comment