500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noob 2017 Abarth

Thanks
    Another Northern VA fiat owner. Welcome!! Also check out Elgato's braces to compare with RRM. Had them on my Abarth and loved them. You can pick them up from Eurocompusion site. They've got some great products.
    2016 FIAT 500X Plus - Magnaflow #19279 Exhaust (save your money not worth it) - 18" Matte Black Forgestar F14's - AEM Intake (save your money not worth it) - Madness Lowering Springs (awesome...love them)

Thanks
    Hey Haring.

Think I'm gong with the Elgato braces.

Anybody make a strut tower brace?

Was looking at some of the ECMs on 500Madness.

Particularly this one: FIAT 500 ABARTH (ECU) Engine Control Module by Magneti Marelli

I'm not down with the idea of not knowing what setting I'm in or having to use a remote though.

Thanks for all the information!

Thanks
    You'd probably really like the NEUF rear torsion bar. Looks like there are a couple other companies now that have them.
    https://shop.500madness.com/fiat-500...-neu-f-pid1709

I had this brace on both my Sport and Abarth. Doesn't do much but looks good.
    https://roadracemotorsports.com/stor...34o63hbulcctc7

Problem is the actual front strut towers are behind the firewall. I forget the name of the company that did have one but doesn't look like anyone carries them anymore. Think you do have to cut into the body to get them to fit.

As for tunes...never put one on mine but if I did I'd go with Eurocompulsion.
    2016 FIAT 500X Plus - Magnaflow #19279 Exhaust (save your money not worth it) - 18" Matte Black Forgestar F14's - AEM Intake (save your money not worth it) - Madness Lowering Springs (awesome...love them)

Thanks
    Thanks Haring.

Ordered some El Gato braces last night.

Found a tower bar on ebay and I emailed the seller asking about fitment.

Do you have the torsion bar on your unit?

I was traveling up my mountain this evening with a Mustang behind me tailgating like crazy with high beams on

Switched into Sport Mode and he quickly fell out of sight.

These little cars are amazing!

If things have to be cut, I'm out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

Just a quick note on the ECU tuning option. There are many good options but I'd look for something newer than the MM design. While the software might be up to date I feel there might be better choices in hardware and software you might like better with a little research. Buy from Madness or otherwise, there are just other options you might check into before deciding is my main point.

Thanks
    Hey Tweak.

Thank you.

Thinking about the chipbox and pedal booster now!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    Hey Tweak.

Thank you.

Thinking about the chipbox and pedal booster now!
    I imagine you'll have a lot of fun regardless of which you choose. Just read of the experiences of others and buy what best fits your budget and wants for your ride.

Thanks
    Welcome. You'll have a lot fun driving, modding, researching and reading member reviews for sure. Like Tweak said you have fun regardless and whatever order you choose first.

These were my mods that I started with in the first months... RRM chassis brace and Neuf Torsion Bar off the bat. Then Neuf Short Shifter adapter and Neu-F Torque Arm Insert. Really wanted to get a feel on the suspension and lower cost to tighten up shifting.
    2013 Abarth Bianco
    500 Madness GoPedal |Ciao Torino WS |Craven Stubby Antenna | EC R3T V2.1 Intake/Ram Air Boot / EC Prometeo Oil Cap | BFG g-Force Sport Comp-2 205/40/17 | K&N Air Filter & Pre-Charger | MPX Axle Back | NEU-F 28mm Rear Torsion Bar * Short Shift Adapter * Lowering Springs / Torque Arm Insert | NGEN Coils | RaceEng Ashiko TranRed | RRM Corsa Chassis Braces | VVME HID Lamps/LED interior

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, Diesel. You should post up a pic of your car when you get a chance. I noticed that you're already getting the itch to mod the heck out of it. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I run the RRM chasis braces on my ride. They work great and I wished I had bought them sooner. I would skip the tower brace and put a bigger bar in the rear, NueF or RRM would work well. There is a sub frame brace right by the oil drain valve that's the same stamped aluminum as the OEM chasis braces. Change that out to something stronger, and the car will corner like its on rails. It also makes it feel more planted on the highway at higher speeds. There are a lot of great guys/gals on here that are more than willing to help with any questions you have. Welcome to the family.
    2013 500 Turbo
    SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | Abarth exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenea | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torqur Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp-2 205/45/16 | Custom trunk handle
    "Some say he thought Star Wars was a documentary..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzamann95 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Diesel. You should post up a pic of your car when you get a chance. I noticed that you're already getting the itch to mod the heck out of it. It sounds like you're off to a great start. I run the RRM chasis braces on my ride. They work great and I wished I had bought them sooner. I would skip the tower brace and put a bigger bar in the rear, NueF or RRM would work well. There is a sub frame brace right by the oil drain valve that's the same stamped aluminum as the OEM chasis braces. Change that out to something stronger, and the car will corner like its on rails. It also makes it feel more planted on the highway at higher speeds. There are a lot of great guys/gals on here that are more than willing to help with any questions you have. Welcome to the family.
    Definitely recommend the upgraded rear torsion bar... and have a funny-ish example as to what happens when you do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2