Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

1st Place!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PorcoRosso
    • Apr 2015

1st Place!

Hey everyone,

It's been a busy summer and wish I could have commented more on my autocross experience this year. We had our last event this past week with winter setting in and it was one to remember. Weather was sunny, high of 55, low wind. Given the weather, I didn't want to push my RE71Rs to the brink as the previous event a civic on the cold lot slid into a curb and broke both his axles! So I planned to take it easy. Watching the first heat I observed my friend in his WRX have a 56.5 lap and I'm usually 3 seconds behind him, so my goal was to break a minute.

First lap I took it easy, 67 seconds. Second lap, still taking it easy, 61 seconds. I thought, "hey I may break a minute after all." Third lap, 59.6. Okay, I met my goal. fourth lap, 59.0. Fifth lap, 58.7. Now at this point I'm thinking, "is the timing broken?" I'm not usually within 2 seconds of my friend. Sixth lap, 58.8. I'm still taking it easy and just content with my times. I got out of my car between laps once or twice to reset my tire pressures. But at this point, a guy comes over and says "Hey man, you're doing good." and I casually respond, "Yeah, just taking it easy." and he responds "No, dude, you're in second place." to my surprise I demand "WHAT?! By how much?!" "2/10ths of a second." I quickly shoo him away and enrage, thinking I've never been this close to first before. I thought to myself, "did the miatas not show up today?" Suddenly, I'm filled with adrenaline. Next lap 58.4. I've taken first! and 2/10ths faster than the previous first place's time, nearly a half a second faster. But, it's not enough for me and my competition has 2 more laps. Now I'm racing against myself. My last lap I get another 58.4. "Fine, at least it wasn't a fluke." I think. I pull into the pit and run out to see how my competition does on his last two laps. He pulls a 58.7. I'm biting my shirt. His last lap, 58.6. Couldn't believe it! I ran back to my car jumping and cheering. Fiat 500 Abarth winning E Class. Can't say that's ever been done before haha. Hell of a way to finish out the season.

Overall, 1st in E Class, 43/88 in PAX. I usually do better in PAX and worse in Class. But I heard a lot of pros showed up for the last event. They'll go down next season .

Attached Files
    Last edited by PorcoRosso; 11-10-2017, 09:42 AM.
    2012 Abarth Grigio - TWM Shifter, Neu-f Torque Arm Insert, El Gatos Chassis Braces, Neu-f Front Sway Bar & Rear Torsion Bar, GFB DV+
  • bryanintowson
    • Mar 2012

Fine Italian Automotive Technology!

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Congrats, thanks for the video and write-up!

Sometimes I think I go faster when I back off and take it easy too, just trying to be smoother helps.

I hope to do an event or two there next year.
      2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
      My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
        Lifetime Member
        • Dec 2015

Your story got me excited.Congrats
        !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
        !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• Fiat500USA
          Amministratore
          • Feb 2011

Great post and cool picture! Congratulations!
          Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
          fiat 500 forum signature
          abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fabio13
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by bryanintowson
            Ferrari Inspired Automotive Technology

...and a GOOD driver!
            2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Black top stripes, Black "500" (wide) side stripes. Fiat "500" Stainless door sills by Mopar. BlueTooth music streaming. OBDII BlueTooth Torque gauges streaming to smart phone. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus tires, STS rear sway bar, Euro+Drive NA 500 Tune, BMC reusable air filter and Spare Tyre with cover.

Blast to drive! 25 years newer than last car!

Comment

• PorcoRosso
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bryanintowson
              Forza Italia! My friend in his Fiesta said "I lost to a FIAT today. Toady was a bad day."

Originally posted by Robert Nixon
              Congrats, thanks for the video and write-up!

Sometimes I think I go faster when I back off and take it easy too, just trying to be smoother helps.

I hope to do an event or two there next year.
              Thank you, good sir! I agree, slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Would love to have another FIAT at NASA! Very fun group to race with.

Originally posted by Southernroadrunner
              Your story got me excited.Congrats
              Hahaha, glad I could inspire. Hope you've got some races coming up!
              Originally posted by Fiat500USA
              Great post and cool picture! Congratulations!
              Thank you!

Originally posted by Fabio13
              Ferrari Inspired Automotive Technology

...and a GOOD driver!
              Hahaha, I'm just along for the ride! But thank you very much!
              2012 Abarth Grigio - TWM Shifter, Neu-f Torque Arm Insert, El Gatos Chassis Braces, Neu-f Front Sway Bar & Rear Torsion Bar, GFB DV+

Comment

• cgpiper
                • Dec 2012

Nicely done, Joseph! Not sure what 'e' class is in your neck of the woods, but it must be similar to SCCA 'H', I guess? Nevertheless, that's an awesome feeling isn't it? To paraphrase the old Playmates song, "I'll show him that a (Fiat) is not a car to scorn -[ beep,beep]"
                Bill Tubbs

2013 Nero Abarth
                RRM Rear Anti-sway Bar, Neuf Shifter Adapter, NORCAL SS Custom Gauge and Pillar Pod, K&N Air Filter, Falken Azenis RT 660 , 205/40-16 on Sparco Assetto Gara wheels

2021 SCCA Sacramento. - HS Champion
                2020 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
                2019 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
                2017 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
                2016 SCCA Sacramento - 3rd GS
                2015 SCCA Sacramento - 2nd GS
                2014 SCCA Sacramento - 3rd GS
                2013 SCCA Sacramento - 2nd GS

Comment

• Amacento
                  • Jan 2014

Congrats!
                  http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Comment

• PorcoRosso
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by cgpiper
                    Nicely done, Joseph! Not sure what 'e' class is in your neck of the woods, but it must be similar to SCCA 'H', I guess? Nevertheless, that's an awesome feeling isn't it? To paraphrase the old Playmates song, "I'll show him that a (Fiat) is not a car to scorn -[ beep,beep]"
                    Thanks! It totally is! That's my only purpose out there haha. E Class is a weird class. In fact, every class in NASA is weird. I believe it's calculated by weight to power ratio. But for instance, my Audi S5 with 354 hp and AWD is in E Class with my Abarth. How that makes any sense is beyond me. But I'm usually competing with Miata, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, GTI, Cooper-S, etc.

Here's a link of the cars in our classes: https://app.box.com/s/o1z18703qryzlm5yrpnl8wvv9kbazr7f

Comment