Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Authorized Fiat 500e Dealers Outside CA and OR

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Authorized Fiat 500e Dealers Outside CA and OR

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Here is list of Fiat dealers outside of California and Oregon that are certified to fully service the Fiat 500e EV. Introduced in 2013 and originally only sold in California and then later in Oregon, used Fiat 500e models have now begun migrating across the country. Don't be surprised if you see one for sale locally.

Read about it here...
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • robus
    • Jul 2017

Seems like it should be sticky?

Comment

• Fiat500USA
      Amministratore
      • Feb 2011

I've made the list of Fiat Dealers Authorized to Work on 500e models a sticky.

fiat 500 forum signature
      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• VancouverElectric
        • May 2018

The link for specifically 500e approved vendors is different, as I learned when my California-driven 500e konked out in Vancouver, BC.
        The 500e list is much smaller, and lives here: https://www.fiatusa.com/500e.html#service

Comment

• Fiat500USA
          Amministratore
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by VancouverElectric
          The link for specifically 500e approved vendors is different, as I learned when my California-driven 500e konked out in Vancouver, BC.
          The 500e list is much smaller, and lives here: https://www.fiatusa.com/500e.html#service
          Did you check out the article? That is the official list of 500e authorized dealers outside California as provided by Fiat USA.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• CurbsEnthusiasm
            • May 2018

Always be sure to call ahead and verify that they are still actively 500e certified. Two of the dealerships on the official list closest to me in south Florida are either closed down or they have fired the (1) certified technician.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

I just spotted a 500e in my neighborhood (Long Island) today, so that was cool to know they keep spreading beyond CA and OR.
              2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
              My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• 500eInPA
                • Sep 2017

Indeed - I called the dealership in Toms River, NJ and they assured me I was crazy and that they were never certified to work on the 500e. I ended up opening a ticket with corporate and they directed me to Maple Shade, NJ, who confirmed they had a certified tech.

To sum, this list while helpful, is likely quite out of date by now.

Comment

• dinkinflicka
                  • Oct 2018

I've been going back and forth with FCA and numerous dealers here in central NY for a few days now and still don't have any answers.

Does anyone know if dealerships that are able to service the new Pacifica PHEV are also able to then service the 500e by default?

Better yet, any knowledge of dealerships that have serviced a 500e up here?

Comment

• hal9000
                    • Sep 2014

I’m in southern tier NY and have called all the upstate and northern PA dealerships near me. Zero luck. My local Chrysler dealership told me they have someone to work on the Pacifica but wouldn’t work on an ‘e’. So I’m guessing there is no default.

Comment

• Mesasand
                      • Dec 2018

I was looking to purchase my first 500e, but I live in Las Vegas and don’t see any service centers in the state. Does this mean I should look at something other than a 500e? How important is a certified service center near you?
                      Last edited by Mesasand; 12-31-2018, 03:37 AM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• Ricksuiter
                        • Jun 2017

That answer depends how much you are expecting Fiat to do for you. Me personally when I purchased my 2014 500e in 2017 it still had a year of warranty on it and I figured worst case scenario if I decided I did not want to keep the car or something major broke on it and needed repaired and then I did not want to keep it I could just have Fiat fix it. There was an authorized 500e dealership near me so this was not a problem. The secondary issue is recall work.

The list Fiat has is not very up to date it seems so I would highly suggest calling local dealerships service departments directly and just ask if they will work on a 500e. There are more and more of them spreading out across the country. You might also call around to any Chrysler or Alfa Romeo dealerships and ask if they would work on the car. They just have to have one of their highest level technicians working there to be able to officially work on the car.

Aside from mine just flat out shutting down on me on the freeway once it's been alright. Everything else that's broken so far has been non EV related.

Comment

• aq6x44zj
                          • Jan 2019

Faulkner Dodge in Mechanicsburg, PA has sold a lot of them and today they told me they service them. Which is kind of good in that mine needs service but kind of bad in that it's 200 miles from here. My local dealer won't even change the door handles under warranty!

Comment

• ecoracer
                            • Apr 2019

Have my 2014 500e shipped to South Carolina.Worked fine for a few years. lost the key. Car sat for a few months. Never has worked since. Took it to the dealer to have key programmed. They installed a new 12 volt battery. They could not get the car to turn on. Told me they could do no more. They were aware of the recalls but did not want to do anything. I was told to come get the car after it had been there more than a month. The new battery was dead.
                            Called Fiat to find another dealer. Towed it 100 miles to another dealer. Car was there for months. said they installed the new software. But car would not work. Called for a month with no replies. Told they had no record of the car being at their dealership. Drove the 100 miles with my car trailer to the dealer. Found it in the back lot with the work order number in the window. The service people found the key. The second new 12 volt battery was dead. Installed a battery I brought to get the car in neutral so I could move it. Pushed the car around myself to get it to the trailer. Don't seem to be any Fiat Techs on the east cost. Car has 16,000 miles on it but does not run. Trying to find info on the Forums.

Comment

• PLP
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by ecoracer
                              Have my 2014 500e shipped to South Carolina.Worked fine for a few years. lost the key. Car sat for a few months. Never has worked since. Took it to the dealer to have key programmed. They installed a new 12 volt battery. They could not get the car to turn on. Told me they could do no more. They were aware of the recalls but did not want to do anything. I was told to come get the car after it had been there more than a month. The new battery was dead.
                              Called Fiat to find another dealer. Towed it 100 miles to another dealer. Car was there for months. said they installed the new software. But car would not work. Called for a month with no replies. Told they had no record of the car being at their dealership. Drove the 100 miles with my car trailer to the dealer. Found it in the back lot with the work order number in the window. The service people found the key. The second new 12 volt battery was dead. Installed a battery I brought to get the car in neutral so I could move it. Pushed the car around myself to get it to the trailer. Don't seem to be any Fiat Techs on the east cost. Car has 16,000 miles on it but does not run. Trying to find info on the Forums.
                              Does it at least read the battery pack? Does it have any charge?
                              Does it take any charge at all?

Funny thing - they lost your car... That actually would be nice if you could not find it and have them get you another one. lol

So, I would try to charge it. Then reset it. Restore default settings in the dash. Can you hear those clicks when you open the door?

Now, try OBD ELM327 (those cheap OBD2 Bluetooth interface) and app called AlfaOBD (demo). Maybe will tell you something more.
                              Current rides: 2003 Porsche Boxster, 2019 Chevy Bolt LT, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium
                              Previous rides: 2014 FIAT 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T, 2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD, 2015 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, M/T, and many more...

Comment