500 Madness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Sales for October 2017

Fiat Sales for October 2017

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

The Fiat brand sold a total of 1,769 cars during October, a 33 percent decline compared to the same month last year. So far this year, Fiat has sold 23,021 cars. This is a 17 percent decline compared to the 27,721 cars sold during the same period last year. Good news from last month was sales of the 500L MPV were up 34 percent. This is the second month in a row that 500L sales were

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 990 Posts
    Good news for the 500L, but the overall numbers not so much.

I'm still just thinking that the car buying public in the US doesn't want small or cheaper cars. The number of more expensive brands on the road still amazes me, but if you grew up in the 60s-70s that's probably a common thought!

I still love the heck out of my Abarth, and think it was worth what I paid for it, since I certainly didn't feel the need to buy a luxury brand, didn't need a pickup or SUV, and really didn't need to be flogging my Mustang as a daily driver.

As long as the FCA huge-galactic-world-wide corporation is doing OK with money coming in from Dodge, Ram, Jeep, then I don't think they're losing a lot of sleep on FIATs numbers in the US, since FIAT is still doing fine in many other countries. That's my hope anyway!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Amacento (11-02-2017), Fiat500USA (11-01-2017), Grabo (11-02-2017), rustbucket (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 673 Posts
    This second consecutive increase in 500L sales seems consistent with what I see on our streets. In fact, the increased FIAT sales in our area are substantial enough to garner a spot and mentions in this article.

CC5CM3 PSA 500°CARSOUP.jpg

Year-to-Year numbers are not good to read, but RN has it correct on the FCA business model... and there will be a need for small cars as long as the big money is made with larger cars & trucks. RE:EPA.

I'd feel better about the future of FIATs in North America if all 500s were built in one factory to global specs. But I still love my A500 (and already plan to one another if we get the 595 refresh) and I still wold like a 500L (white) or 500X (black) in Urbana trim.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (11-04-2017), Robert Nixon (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    My two cents... reestablishing FIAT in North America is a long term proposition. I take heart in the fact I see more and more FIAT's in my daily commute, some of which is rural. FIAT owners I've talked to are enthusiastic and loyal and given enough time, I believe it will reach the point of "critical mass" where FIAT is self sustaining.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rustbucket For This Useful Post:

Amacento (11-08-2017), Fiat500USA (11-04-2017), Robert Nixon (11-04-2017)

Thanks
    Not going to happen unless FCA gets their parts and service act together. The fact that this dealer network/service department cluster you-know-what has been going on for several years now, makes it even more of a lingering factor that can hurt sales. There's no excuse for it.

Another thing to consider, is now that the brand in the US is becoming more mature, and mileage is going up on the cars since Fiat re-entered the market. When current owners start having to pay for things like clutches, air conditioning compressors, alternators, timing belts, etc., and are stunned by how expensive these cars are to repair? Word will continue to spread that Fiat brand cars are cheap to purchase, but having to pay down the road more than other like-brands. Lack of service locations, poor availability of parts, and the labor cost of repairs, will that much more take it's toll on FCA.

Thanks
    I just don't understand the low numbers for the X. Only 6400 sold in 10 months?? That's insane when the Renegade sells that many in a month. When SUVs are all the rage, why isn't the X selling??
    2013 Fiat 500T Rosso
    RRM rear sway bar, Koni front struts, El Gato front chassis braces, 500Madness GoPedal, NeuF muffler delete, EC V4.1 intake, Gofastbits DV+, RRM lightweight crankshaft pulley

2016 Fiat 500X Pop Arancio
    500Madness GoPedal, custom Abarth style exhaust (resonator/muffler delete.), Gofastbits DV+, LED interior lights.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carfreak09 For This Useful Post:

Amacento (11-08-2017), Fiat500USA (11-08-2017), orange pop (sport) (11-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by carfreak09 View Post
    I just don't understand the low numbers for the X. Only 6400 sold in 10 months?? That's insane when the Renegade sells that many in a month. When SUVs are all the rage, why isn't the X selling??
    One of the big issues is there are only 200 dealers or less than 10% of the 2000++ Jeep dealers out there. Just imagine how many would be sold if there were 700+ Fiat dealers out there like there was in the 70s. They need more dealers and not just any old dealers but good dealers that care.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (11-08-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyfromVA View Post
    Not going to happen unless FCA gets their parts and service act together. The fact that this dealer network/service department cluster you-know-what has been going on for several years now, makes it even more of a lingering factor that can hurt sales. There's no excuse for it.
    1) Not true. Ask the Dodge Boys. 2) No excuse for? Maybe. Maybe not. But so long as Dodge, Jeep + RAM people remain loyal and see as they do FCA will have a need to offer small cars in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyfromVA View Post
    Another thing to consider, is now that the brand in the US is becoming more mature, and mileage is going up on the cars since Fiat re-entered the market. When current owners start having to pay for things like clutches, air conditioning compressors, alternators, timing belts, etc., and are stunned by how expensive these cars are to repair? Word will continue to spread that Fiat brand cars are cheap to purchase, but having to pay down the road more than other like-brands. Lack of service locations, poor availability of parts, and the labor cost of repairs, will that much more take it's toll on FCA.
    The average USAmerican holds on to their new model European car for long? Until the next generation comes along? Model life cycle is 5-7 years? My car turned 4 years old in September. So, it's in its 5th year of life. My experience has been great... better than I thought buying an ABARTH within the first full model year. You keep trying that news. There are 10 hardcore fans of Italian cars for every one naysayer. Ford cutting the Fiesta... AGAIN... means Chevy and FCA are the only "domestics" offering an alternative to the Japanese and Koreans. That matters to more USAmericans than you think.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carfreak09 View Post
    It's just as rustbucket stated... a longterm proposition. Chris is correct as well... availability

The Elle took a while to finally see some growth in sales. There are more used FIATs out there now. People have seen FIATs on USAmerican roads for only 5 years. It feels like "forever" for the early adopters... us... but it really isn't much time at all. The Japanese took time to catch on. The Koreans took a bit of time and those early offerings had more reliability quirks than the worst of FIATs. Proliferation brings costs down. I think FIAT needs another 5 decent years to become a "household name". The updates to the F500 and A500 will be critical. The life cycle of the 500L and 500X will be equally important. The F124 and A124 have a life of their own.

Time will tell. What Marchionne decides to do with FCA during his final 2 years at the helm will be important.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (11-08-2017), rustbucket (11-10-2017)

Thanks
    The North American FIAT 500 ceased production in June... Toluca stopped making NA 500's.

Good move by FCA to eliminate Studio stock piles, decrease FIAT incentives, and force people to buy Alfa Romeo.
    2016 Jeep GC SRT392
    Redline Tri Coat
    Black Chrome Vapor Wheels
    Hellcat Brembo Brake Kit
    8 Speed ZF
    --.-/ --- MPH - Bone Stock

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
    Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
    2015 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
    2016 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast