500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiat 500 Abarth Track Instruction Video

Fiat 500 Abarth Track Instruction Video

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

If you have never been on a racetrack before, here is a look at what it is like getting driving instructions by a professional race car driver. The instructor gives critical information such as when to brake, turn in and where to exit each corner along with other details to get the most out of your car for both safety and to maximize performance. It is all about being smooth and connecting

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Robert Nixon (10-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 990 Posts
    Thanks, is that Summit Point?
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Where can we go do that at.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM / TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES WITH KONI SHOCKS / ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT /
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    CORSA FORZA - REAR TORSION BAR / PROSPORT-BOOST GUAGE/DIY-REAR SEAT DELETE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernroadrunner View Post
    Where can we go do that at.
    Pretty much every track will have some open track days, or High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) events. Besides the national organizations like SCCA and NASA, local car clubs and other groups sponsor track days, so BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Mustang, and other clubs are worth checking out, they usually don't require you to drive their brand all the time. I'm sure there are events like that at Barber east of Birmingham, and of course over in Atlanta that aren't too far.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Thanks
    Maybe they got something like that at the track in New Orleans.I will have to look.Thanks for the heads up Robert.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    EUROCOMPULSION
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nixon View Post
    Thanks, is that Summit Point?

Thanks Bob! That is actually at Monticello Motor Club, a private racetrack in Monticello, New York. It is a gorgeous track that has hosted the annual IMPA track day event for the past few years.

Here is a link to the membership costs. Let's just say it is for the well heeled... https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/...mc/membership/

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post

Thanks Bob! That is actually at Monticello Motor Club, a private racetrack in Monticello, New York. It is a gorgeous track that has hosted the annual IMPA track day event for the past few years.

Here is a link to the membership costs. Let's just say it is for the well heeled... https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/...mc/membership/
    I'm ready,what a nice looking facility. To bad it's so far away from me.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    EUROCOMPULSION
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    I've heard about Monticello, what a great looking place! I'll just have to buy more lottery tickets to ever afford that though!

Stepping up to track driving from autocross is a jump in cost no matter what you do. The best deal I saw in the last year was the NASA (National Auto Sport Association) sale before Christmas, where a typical two day weekend cost of maybe 400 bucks was about half that, so that's one great way to get started. https://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Thanks
    I would modify that article...

It says, "While you are at it, maybe attend an autocross. There is likely a car club near you that hosts these fun events. Any Fiat model will do and fit right in!" (emphasis mine).

Actually the ONLY Fiat 500 Model that is allowed at SCCA events is the 500 Abarth. And considering most clubs follow SCCA's rules "Non-Abarths" will not be allowed to participate.

I HAD to put coilovers and spacers on my 500 Sport in order to bring it into compliance with their rules. Unless a car has an exemption (which the 500 Abarth does), the height of the car times 2 MUST be less than the sum total track of both axles (center of wheel to center of wheel) before they will even consider allowing you to run. The only way to accomplish that was to put spacers on to push the wheels out and coilovers to lower it down. Most folks driving "Non-Abarths" don't want to make those adjustments, as while they make for incredible track handling, they make for less than desirable ride on the road for every day driving.

And even with those adjustments I have been watched like a hawk during my first several runs at every facility I have run at until they are comfortable that I'm not going to flip over. I haven't been turned away since making the modifications, but I was before doing them.
    My Build Thread

Fiat 500 Sport Mods
    • MADNESS - Go Pedal, Short Shift Adapter, 16mm Spacers (all around), Carbon Fiber Front Brace, V-Maxx Coilovers
    • CORZA FORZA - Lower Cross Brace, Vertical Chassis Braces
    • OTHER - Draw-Tite Bike Rack Hitch, Window Tinting, Racing Stripes, LED Lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Carbon Fiber Shift knob, Fumoto Oil Drain Plug

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SVAGO 1 For This Useful Post:

Ando (10-24-2017), Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SVAGO 1 View Post
    Actually the ONLY Fiat 500 Model that is allowed at SCCA events is the 500 Abarth. And considering most clubs follow SCCA's rules "Non-Abarths" will not be allowed to participate..
    Huh, very interesting. Any idea why the Abarth gets an exception?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500SA View Post
    I can't think of a better way to spend your millions, though I do wonder how many people who can afford the top tier just buy land and make their own track instead? I've always dreamed of owning a track.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-24-2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast