500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiat Sales for September 2017

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    It is clearly a challenge for FCAUSA. FCAITA seems to have their game down pat.
    Really? How does FCAUSA have their game down pat? If this supposed game is what we've seen since the launch, FCUSA's game is lame and doomed to ultimate failure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 655 Posts
    KVA, please... please... please... read before you quote & reply. That is all
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

500ways (10-12-2017)

Thanks
    I read fine thank you. I even included the comment you made for reference.

Honestly Amacento, you make these claims that FCA has somehow fixed various things, but refuse to list what they are, other than you seem to be pleased with your local dealer. Your local dealer isn't FCA.

It's a simple question even for you; what did they fix? How do they have "their game down pat".

Thanks
    FIATs are fun, interesting, economical small cars -- but people don't care about small cars... when they don't have to.

Bringing FIAT to the States was a strong move at a time when all the major players were deepening their representation in small, fuel-efficient cars: Spark, Sonic, Mazda2, Yaris, Fiesta, Smart. This was an important play given the price of fuel and the volitility of gas prices.

That was eons ago, though, and the vicissitudes of life are such that it's a major long-shot now that any carmaker in the US is going to have success with small, fuel-efficient vehicles... in the near term.

But hey, they're still fun and interesting cars -- and for some of us, that's enough.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to akcapfiat For This Useful Post:

500ways (10-12-2017), Amacento (10-12-2017), Fiat500USA (10-12-2017), Grabo (10-12-2017), rustbucket (10-11-2017)

Thanks
    One area Fiat really needs to get a handle on is parts availability and parts catalog accuracy. Twice now my Fiats have sat at the dealer for 1-2 weeks simply because the dealer is unable to find the correct part number for a part that needs replacing. I don't understand this issue at all. How can an automaker not supply a complete parts catalog to their dealers??

First, on my 500x, there is a plastic rocker panel piece that runs between the front and rear wheels. 3 clips broke, causing the panel to bow outwards. The dealer could not find this panel in the parts catalog and despite calling and sending pics of numbers on the panel, no one could tell him what the part number was so he could order a replacement. My X sat at the dealer for 2 weeks and was returned to me without replacing the panel. A month later, I was told he finally found a part number and ordered it. I find it hard to believe no one has needed this panel.

Second, on my 500T, I discovered the rear bump stop had broken off its mount and was lying on the bottom spring perch. Dealer said he was having trouble finding a part number because according to the manual, my car doesn't have one...wtf?! It took them a week to find a part number and get the part. To me that's unacceptable and is 1970s Fiat problems all over again. I expect a modern manufacturer to be able to get most if not all parts to the dealer in a few days tops. Fiat is in a precarious sales position so if they want to stay here, they need to make their current owners extremely happy. I love my Fiats but if this is going to be the norm trying to get parts, I can't say that I would trust buying them in the future or even keeping them long term.
    2013 Fiat 500T Rosso
    RRM rear sway bar, Koni front struts, El Gato front chassis braces, 500Madness GoPedal, NeuF muffler delete, EC V4.1 intake, Gofastbits DV+, RRM lightweight crankshaft pulley

2016 Fiat 500X Pop Arancio
    500Madness GoPedal, custom Abarth style exhaust (resonator/muffler delete.), Gofastbits DV+, LED interior lights.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carfreak09 For This Useful Post:

500ways (10-12-2017), Amacento (10-12-2017), Grabo (10-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 655 Posts
    One final attempt, KVA. Then, I will be next in a long line of users to put you on permanent disregard. "FCAUSA addressed"... Nowhere did I state "fixed". "FCAITA seems to have their game down pat". Read it and move on.

We do our best to be as inclusive as possible... even giving time to exchange ideas/opinions with naysayers... but everyone has limits.
    Last edited by Amacento; 10-12-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-12-2017)

Carpe Diem Lifetime Member 500ways's Avatar
    Thanks
    This thread will never come to a meeting of the minds.

Just my 2 cents before I go: My wife and I currently own two Fiats. I drive a manual Turbo and my wife drives the dual clutch L. I was an early adopter and owned a Sport before upgrading to the Turbo. That makes three Fiat ownership experiences since September 2011. We have had NO problems with any of the models, or the dealer. ZERO. They are driven daily and we put 10-12,000 miles a year on each of them. We enjoy them more than the many other cars we have owned over the years. Our budget allows us to buy pricier and more prestigious vehicles, but we like the Fiats so much, we don't give any others a once over.

That being said, maybe if my wife and I had experienced something negative with the cars, I would not be as strong a supporter. I will leave the jury out on that one.

For argument's sake, however, let's assume the tides turn and my Fiat experience turns to the negative. I might then post a gripe or two on a forum before signing off. However, I wouldn't continue going on a Forum trying to prove/convince other member how bad Fiat is, will be, etc. It would be like changing religions, or wanting to change religions but constantly bitching to those of the faith you no longer support that they should no longer support it either. Huh?? Let it go.

In closing, I travel to Europe at least every other year. We try to go annually. We were there this past summer. We spent time in London and then wrapped it up in Italy. I saw many Fiat models in London. As far as what I noticed in Italy, we saw a lot of the 500L. The only other Fiat model in Italy that I saw more of was the Panda and 500.

From my selfish perspective, I hope the brand survives here just because I want to continue owning and enjoying them. FORZA FIAT!

Later peeps.
    When I grow up, I want to be a Ferrari!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 500ways For This Useful Post:

akcapfiat (10-14-2017), Amacento (10-13-2017), Fiat500USA (10-12-2017), Grabo (10-12-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2