500 Madness

Thread: Fiat 500X Mirror Covers Install How To

Fiat 500X Mirror Covers Install How To

Complete guide to installing Fiat 500X Mopar Mirror Covers. Images, links and more...

Read about it here: How to Install FIat 500X Mopar Mirror Covers

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Anyone try installing mirror covers onto their 500X? Post some pics if you have.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    I might try this to remove and reinstall mine. Mine already came with the red mirror caps but they did a bad job putting them on so they wont stay on tight. Or might just have the studio do it since I'd guess that'd be covered under warranty and if anythings broken then I can say that I didn't do anything to screw it up. Although I have been looking at a set of the gray ones or orange ones....hmmm.
    2016 FIAT 500X Plus - Magnaflow #19279 Exhaust (not worth it), now custom dual tips - 18" Matte Black Forgestar F14's - AEM Intake (not worth it) - Madness Lowering Springs (1st gen red ones..think newer purple ones go lower)

Quote Originally Posted by Haring View Post
    I might try this to remove and reinstall mine. Mine already came with the red mirror caps but they did a bad job putting them on so they wont stay on tight. Or might just have the studio do it since I'd guess that'd be covered under warranty and if anythings broken then I can say that I didn't do anything to screw it up. Although I have been looking at a set of the gray ones or orange ones....hmmm.
    Yeah, having the studio do it will keep the warranty alive. Odds are the clip got broken or bent. Maybe you can get the replacement red one from them so you have it and then get your grey or orange one.

My passenger side mirror was also damaged at some point and one of the clips was bent and not engaging.

Another way to do this I've heard is to take your hand, place it on the cover and squeeze the cover like you are palming a football. As the cover flexes, push it in to disengage the clips and then pull it off. I haven't tried it myself, but I've read this on an Italian site. That would be a lot easier than the using the trim stick the directions mention.

Putting the mirror cover on is easy as it just snaps on when everything is lined up.

Thanks
    Any idea if there will be flat black available from the Urbana or if anyone is making actual carbon fiber sets?
    16 500X Pop, Rosso Passione, M6
    13 500 Abarth, Bianco Gellato, 17" M5, Wife's