500 Madness

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I might finally get 500x

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neubauerjoseph View Post
    Anyway I really liked the fiat 500x lounge. How does the fiat 500x fwd do going to most places? I don't go anywhere where there isn't a good road or pavement. I just don't want to buy or not need AWD.
    After having the Volvo XC70 and XC60(both AWD) for a number of years in two different states, I can say there MIGHT have been TWO times I was glad to have AWD(wasn't NECESSARY, but happy to have it). Our FWD Volvo c70s have always gotten us through(since 2004) and the FWD 500L seems just as capable(actually, more capable than our FWD RDX in the rain).
    Current vehicles:
    2015 500L Lounge Silver 7/31/'15
    2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
    Previous Fiat '79 Strada White

Thanks
    Anyway I really liked the fiat 500x lounge. How does the fiat 500x fwd do going to most places? I don't go anywhere where there isn't a good road or pavement. I just don't want to buy or not need AWD.
    I think AWD is nice, but I donít regret getting my FWD X. It handles very good on snow/Ice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post
    After having the Volvo XC70 and XC60(both AWD) for a number of years in two different states, I can say there MIGHT have been TWO times I was glad to have AWD(wasn't NECESSARY, but happy to have it). Our FWD Volvo c70s have always gotten us through(since 2004) and the FWD 500L seems just as capable(actually, more capable than our FWD RDX in the rain).
    How can you compare Austin, TX to MI weather? You do not even get any snow, while many times in central/lower MI once we get snow in November it stays here till end of April. AWD is useful. Sure, winter tires help a lot, and I cannot count how many times I took off faster from intersection in my FWD Forte (or previously Elantra) than those AWD suvs... all due to good grip.

Quote Originally Posted by dnc11 View Post
    I think AWD is nice, but I don’t regret getting my FWD X. It handles very good on snow/Ice.
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T (me)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats, in Yellow... bumble bee (wife)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    How can you compare Austin, TX to MI weather? You do not even get any snow, while many times in central/lower MI once we get snow in November it stays here till end of April. AWD is useful. Sure, winter tires help a lot, and I cannot count how many times I took off faster from intersection in my FWD Forte (or previously Elantra) than those AWD suvs... all due to good grip.
    Seems to me that neubauerjoseph is in San Diego...got a few hills, but not a lot of snow as I recall.
    Current vehicles:

Thanks
    But the mountains are 1-2 hours away, I do recall that you can drive to the mountains here. I.e. Big bear or Julian get snow every year. Even San Diego last year.

Thanks
    But the mountains are 1-2 hours away, I do recall that you can drive to the mountains here. I.e. Big bear or Julian get snow every year. Even San Diego last year.
    And we own a home in the North Carolina mountains where it does snow and it rains 90" a year or more...but that's not enough for me to justify AWD(since we might go back once a year and MIGHT drive our own car). IF YOU are going to take advantage of AWD more often, then by all means, it makes sense for you!
    Current vehicles:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachRick View Post
    IF YOU are going to take advantage of AWD more often, then by all means, it makes sense for you!
    We never had AWD car. Always for winter we had winter tires. Snow - one winter is heavy, another mild. Yet still, our area is not plowed very often. Maybe a few times I had a bigger problem, but manageable, to get out from the block. However, my car is lighter. For sure would not get out on all season. AWD is a tad higher ground clearance. What also helps.

So we decided to get AWD after all.
    Also, sometimes when going on vacation we find some "shortcuts"... and AWD with higher clearance is a bit more helpful that my skills and "sporty suspension" on my Forte.
    I just wish Fiat had 2.0T engine... Engine swap?

In the end. Have we ever used AWD for the year of ownership? Nope, not really. Maybe it kicked in a few times, but FWD would still manage. I guess I am preparing for the worst case scenario.
    Oh, I am sorry, yes, we used AWD a few times. Donuts...
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats, in Yellow... bumble bee (wife)

Thanks
    So I bought a car today, I got a 2012 Infiniti QX56. I was torn between this and the 500X. Wife liked this more but I am happy. Still not hard feelings I really love the Fiat brand. Hopefully they have something I want for my next car.

Thanks
    So I bought a car today, I got a 2012 Infiniti QX56. I was torn between this and the 500X. Wife liked this more but I am happy. Still not hard feelings I really love the Fiat brand. Hopefully they have something I want for my next car.
    Congratulations on your purchase.

I am a bit puzzled. How can you be torn between 500X and QX56? I mean, there is nothing to compare... 3000 vs 6000 lb car... small SUV or rather CUV like vs large SUV.
    No to mention power plant.

Thanks
    What he ^^^^^^ said.
    Current vehicles:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast