500 Madness

Thread: Fiat Sales for August 2017

Fiat Sales for August 2017

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat sold a total of 2,120 vehicles in August, down 23 percent compared to the same month last year. Sales of the Fiat 500L MPV were up, however, compared to August of 2016 for a modest 8 percent increase. Other Fiat model's sales didn't fair as well, and all were down compared to August of last year.The 500X crossover did enjoy a bump in sales compared to the last two months, which ...

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    I think at some point market saturation sets in. The small-car market is limited right now, even niche, and therefore there's going to be fewer and fewer of these sold until the older cars start failing or people see a reason to upgrade. Ford is eliminating its Fiesta small car for which I'm guessing are similar reasons. However, if gas prices start to skyrocket again, then I think you will see a significant uptick in small cars sold.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kzlm For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (09-02-2017)

Good point. The market is what it is. The new 500 is coming in Spring, so I'm sure there will be a bump in sales at some point.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    One thing to really think about , and this is just an opinion . Look at all of the U S manufacturers Ford , GM and Chrysler . It is a foregone opinion that U S manufacturers do not make a great small car . The Japanese cars have been beating them for years and will continue to . Put a Honda beside a Ford Fiesta , Chevy Sonic or Fiat 500 and the Honda will sell everytime . Now Hyundai / Kia is coming out good , their 100,000 mile warranty is selling cars The only thing keeping Fiat Chrysler going are the Hotrods and the Dodge trucks and mini vans.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amsterdam1 For This Useful Post:

Grabo (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    The flooding from the hurricanes will result in used car prices rising, making entry level new cars more of a bargain. Might help sales of Fiats.
    http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/

I was asked once, knowing what I know now about my inlaws, if I would do it all over again. I said "no, I would have married an orphan."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amsterdam1 View Post
    One thing to really think about , and this is just an opinion . Look at all of the U S manufacturers Ford , GM and Chrysler . It is a foregone opinion that U S manufacturers do not make a great small car . The Japanese cars have been beating them for years and will continue to . Put a Honda beside a Ford Fiesta , Chevy Sonic or Fiat 500 and the Honda will sell everytime . Now Hyundai / Kia is coming out good , their 100,000 mile warranty is selling cars The only thing keeping Fiat Chrysler going are the Hotrods and the Dodge trucks and mini vans.
    Honda still offers small cars? Not in this country. It was hard to spot a small Honda when I was in Japan earlier this year.

I get your point though. The Japanese stayed in the fight when their cars were considered a joke. The Koreans did the same.

Jeep is what is saving FCA USA at the moment. The profit margins from their range is amazing.

FCA is smart in maximizing their Small-Wide platform. The 500L, 500X, Renegade, Cherokee and Compass all benefit from that decade old investment (I purposely left out the Dart and 200... too little too late).

I am anxious to see what the 500 does next. Rumors of the 595 coming have me holding out as long as I can. I'm still considering one of the 4/5dr models as I wait.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May