Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If you take driving over the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It...

I expected the bearings to wear faster than they had been when I put on the positive offset wheels but still the bearing was going anyway, unusually ...

Yep, no issues at all. The 17s ride a bit rougher than the 16s and 15s but all run about the same diameter with a lower profile (205/40R17) tire.

If the wheels stick out more than stock that's going to increase wear and tear on the wheel bearings.

The best selling Coil Over Kit for the FIAT 500 is now even better! The new X-Sport Version allows you to adjust the damping from comfortable to track...

Thanks to the many people across Canada who sponsored cars in previous years of the Yorkville Exotic Car show to help fund cancer research. We are continuing

Hotels rooms for Fiat Freakout 2024 (FFO 2024) are going FAST.
If you plan on attending FFO 2024 and want to stay at the main hotel, you need to...

Toronto chapter Members getting ready for FFO 2024 ...

This year Jason Hall turned 50. That’s a pretty big milestone, so to celebrate, I decided to get something even older than myself!
This is a 1971...

Savor the symphony of style.
​...

Yes! All three styles on spoiler will fit (500e/Pop, Abarth and Sport)....

Sport exhaust

What is best sport exhaust for lounge. No raspy sound. Just good sport sound.

Rear spoiler Abarth on louge

Does rear spoiler fit on lounge

17 X 7. Rims on lounge

Does Abarth. 17 X 7 rims fit on lounge?

I think Bob at DI Corse imported some C510s, I could be wrong (happens a lot).

From what I recall the ECU took one look at them and refused to start.

Only two Abarths in the current collection, Isabella and Abby.

I keep thinking I need to let one go, but never actually doing it. Maybe next month....

F1 Italy September 3 2017

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert Nixon

F1 Italy September 3 2017

FORZA FERRARI, This weekend is the Italian Grand Prix from Monza! I'm a big Ferrari fan, and would love to see the red cars take 1-2 this Sunday, with thousands of Ferrari fans in red cheering on and singing the Italian National Anthem at the end.

Monza is another high speed circuit, so whether or not Mercedes has an advantage over Ferrari we will find out. Qualifying, like in Belgium last week, will be critical.

Ferrari lead driver Sebastian Vettel maintains a 7 point lead in the championship, so a victory would be nice. In this year's close competition so far, no one has won back to back races, so I hope that continues with rival Lewis Hamilton not winning!
    Even if Hamilton wins this race and gets 25 points, Vettel will likely take 2nd and 18 points, which would give us a tie! This race could go all the way to the last lap of the last race in November, so that part of the season is nice!

Here's the TV listings courtesy of the Haas F1 team, and as usual every practice, qualifying and the race are also available on the free NBCSN app, and the official F1 app (that costs $$).
    Attached Files
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/
  • B3NN3TT
    • Jul 2014

FORZA FERRARI! Man, I haven't been this engaged with an F1 season in a long time. I'll be on the road during qualifying, so I'll have to catch it on the app afterwards.
    Andy
    2013 500 Abarth (Sold 3/17) • 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2000 ROUSH Cougar SMF #71 • 2013 Focus ST

Comment

• 5port
      AWD enthusiast
      Lifetime Member
      • May 2012

Monza baby! That's what I'm talking about. The racing is great and the celebrating is even better. I would love to see a Ferrari win here.
      2016 500X Easy,Go pedal, Autoflash, LED Headlights and reverse, LED DRL, carbon fiber shift gate, ST T9 wheels, PIAA wipers, '17 motor mounts, AEM Dryflow

Comment

• Robert Nixon

2nd Practice ended with Bottas first, Hamilton second, and Vettel and Raikkonen 3-4. Good news, Vettel only a tenth behind Bottas, but as usual we don't know for sure what fuel loads, settings, etc. they were all running. Mercedes has a habit of turning up the power in Qualifying, although last week in Belgium our Ferrari guys are right there with them. Looks to be another close Q session tomorrow.

Also in the Two-By-Two club, both Red Bulls followed the Ferraris, and both McLarens were in the top ten, plus Massa and Ocon! I've read that BOTH Red Bulls will have grid penalties, so assuming Mercedes/Ferrari take 1-4 at the start, we just might even see a surprise starting 5th, like Vandoorne of McLaren (Alonso and Sainz also have grid penalties) or the Force Indias. The Haas guys were off pace a bit, hopefully they can improve tomorrow.
        2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

RAIN was the story for Qualifying, with several hours of delay after Q1 got started, but they finally finished Qualifying. Long story short, Hamilton on pole now making him the all time leader. The Red Bulls were 2-3 but get penalized and drop down the grid, so we will have Williams driver Lance Stroll on the front row with Hamilton, making Stroll the youngest front row starter EVER. Next, in 3rd, another teenager, Ocon of Force India, and then Bottas in 4th, and the Ferraris in 5-6. Thanks to a whole bunch of drivers getting grid penalties, I think the Haas guys will move up from their qualifying 16 and 20 (Grosjean crashed out of Q1 in heavy rain), and start something like 10th and 14th!

So, race wise, I think we'll have clear weather, with a lot of fast cars coming up through the grid such as Ricciardo, Verstappen, Alonso, Hulkenberg, and Sainz. That will be putting a big squeeze on the Haas and other drivers to fight and stay in the top 10 and score points. Last year Hamilton had a terrible start in Italy, so as a Ferrari fan let's hope he can do the same!

One possible crazy scenario would be with the youngsters Stroll and Ocon getting into a pile up at the start, possibly mixing in with the two Mercedes cars, so watch out for the start as usual.

Comment

• Rsamson67
            • Sep 2016

Very good race! Close points. It was nice seeing some younger drivers running up front.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Hamilton wins, followed by Bottas and then Vettel, Ricciardo. Haas just out of the points with Magnussen in 11th. Tough race for Grosjean starting last, and then suffering wing damage.

Hamilton takes the overall lead by only 3 points from Vettel, with Singapore coming up in 2 weeks, hopefully a Ferrari friendly track!

Comment

• B3NN3TT
                • Jul 2014

Certainly not the Monza finish that Ferrari wanted.

Can't believe VER and his impulsive bumper-cars antics, and ALWAYS blaming the other guy. Eventually he will have to realize that if it keeps happening to you - you just MIGHT be the cause.
                Andy
                2013 500 Abarth (Sold 3/17) • 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2000 ROUSH Cougar SMF #71 • 2013 Focus ST

Comment