Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

100,000 mile Fiat 500 club

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ice445
    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Prima148
    My 2012 Sport (Prima): Original owner, I'm at 73,000.

Only issues so far: the wire harnessing fraying on the hatch at 50k and a new thermostat at 60k. I won't count the rear washer fluid disconnect.

I do fear, though, that my clutch will need replacing soon. No slipping but there's a screech when I press the pedal. Thoughts welcome.
    Usually screeching/squeaking when you press the pedal is due to a throwout bearing on the way out.
    2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in Grigio - Veruca
    Mod List:
    AAD Shifter
    TurboSmart Wastegate Actuator
    Forge Atmospheric BOV
    Neu-F 28mm Rear Bar
    Vogtland Springs
    Alfa 4C Coils
    Competizione CV2 Wheels
    EC Catch Can

Comment

• mattjk
      • Aug 2016

I've owned my car for 1 year and still haven't hit 1000 miles :-(
      2016 Abarth Nero 5spd nav beats black lights sunroof. EC Phase2.
      2016 Mercedes GLC Black.
      2014 BMW I3 Rex Terra World White.
      2009 Lotus Elise Purist White.

Comment

• Prima148
        • May 2011

Comment

• Prima148
          • May 2011

Originally posted by ice445
          Usually screeching/squeaking when you press the pedal is due to a throwout bearing on the way out.

Yes. So I'm gathering. What seems unclear to me are next steps. Replace everything (since you're already in there) seems to be the answer, but repairs on manuals are new for me (despite driving this for 6+ years).

(to prevent hijack we can take this offline if you'll indulge me. Thanks!)

Comment

• ice445
            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Prima148
            Yes. So I'm gathering. What seems unclear to me are next steps. Replace everything (since you're already in there) seems to be the answer, but repairs on manuals are new for me (despite driving this for 6+ years).

(to prevent hijack we can take this offline if you'll indulge me. Thanks!)
            Welp, you gotta fish the trans out for starters, which takes a while on these cars. Then once you've done that, everything is accessible. Replace it all so you don't have to come back, and examine your rear main seal closely for leaks, since you won't get another time to do it. You'll also need an alignment tool for the clutch disc and pressure plate.
            2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in Grigio - Veruca
            Mod List:
            AAD Shifter
            TurboSmart Wastegate Actuator
            Forge Atmospheric BOV
            Neu-F 28mm Rear Bar
            Vogtland Springs
            Alfa 4C Coils
            Competizione CV2 Wheels
            EC Catch Can

Comment

• my67falcon
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by mattjk
              I've owned my car for 1 year and still haven't hit 1000 miles :-(

I haven't owned mine 2 months and I put 7k on it ��
              http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/

I was asked once, knowing what I know now about my inlaws, if I would do it all over again. I said "no, I would have married an orphan."

Comment

• harrington
                • May 2014

Originally posted by Southernroadrunner
                So would you purchase another one tomorrow if for some reason you needed or wanted another car
                Absolutely......I keep my cars for 10 years so I might want to try something different....

Comment

• bruced35
                  • Oct 2017

2013 POP 5 speed with 100225 mi.

Comment

• garykohl2
                    • Jul 2017

158,000 on my 2012 Pop

I have just over 158,000 on my 2012 Pop. Still runs and drives like new
                    Last edited by garykohl2; 10-06-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• garykohl2
                      • Jul 2017

I have just over 158,000 on my 2012 Pop. Still runs and drives like new
                      6A5F836C-F04B-42DF-8709-08180C69B9B6.jpg

Comment

• Pionieri Tridentina
                        • Jul 2012

82.000 miles , purchased a new POP in 7/2012, and traded it for a 500L in 5/2015.

the POP had 82.000 miles the day of trade in, a standard, no issue at all, except for the last attempt to balance and align the tires, the shop told me that the rear tires cannot be aligned anymore. Nothing unsafe, but I shouls switch tire position often to have an even wear, or try to install some shims. I religiously changed the oil when the yellow light told me to do so, and always went back to a Studio.

Comment

• Paulbob
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Pionieri Tridentina
                          no issue at all, except for the last attempt to balance and align the tires, the shop told me that the rear tires cannot be aligned anymore. Nothing unsafe, but I shouls switch tire position often to have an even wear, or try to install some shims.
                          Interesting! I've been on forums for other makes that suffer rear tire wear as suspension components shift around and I'm guessing it is due to rubber bushing wear or movement over time. That or the roads in Norman are rougher than O remember!

Comment

• orange pop (sport)
                            • Oct 2017

my wife's 12 hit 100,000 and poof check engine light came on so she's now in the new Orange Sport It could have been nothing but hey can't beat a new ride. The colour is an attention grabber ie parking lots.

Comment

• bruced35
                              • Oct 2017

100000 mi + 2013 Pop

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 5 speed

Currently 100827 miles

Completely stock Second owner

No issues Runs great

Comment

• Speedracer5
                                • Aug 2017

[QUOTE=garykohl2;811249]I have just over 158,000 on my 2012 Pop. Still runs and drives like new
                                6A5F836C-F04B-42DF-8709-08180C69B9B6.jpg[/QUOT
                                Hey, you were at the Italian Car day event. You actually have 158,000 miles? thats really good to know, I thought the summer heat would kill this car

Comment