Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

100,000 mile Fiat 500 club

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

100,000 mile Fiat 500 club

Have a Fiat 500 with 100,000 miles on it? Let us know! Share your car with us and any secrets or tricks you've picked up.
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • KellyfromVA
    • Feb 2016

500 Sport 128,622 miles

2012 500 Sport 128,622 miles as of this morning. Hasn't been without some pain, but still on the road.

If you own or are thinking of purchasing a 2012 or 2013 model and start having intermittent or unexpected electrical or warning light issues, clean your ground connections under the battery tray.

If you live in an area where streets are salted during the winter: Buy two cans of Fluid Film: https://www.amazon.com/Fluid-Film-11...uid+film+spray

In the Fall, lightly power wash the underside of your car. Allow it to dry, then jack up your car and coat the underside of your car with Fluid Film. You will be protected for two years. As with most modern cars, manufacturers skimp on corrosion protection.
    Last edited by KellyfromVA; 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• stubtail
      • Dec 2012

Have '13 500T with 99k miles on it. Replaced the engine at 60k. The 2nd engine has always been stronger and I have had no problems with it after the initial install. It does burn oil as much as the original engine but that is probably mostly caused by the leaky valve cover and spark plug seals that I have put off repairing.
      The only other problem was the rear hatch weld broke at the body and ball joint for the lift cylinder. Had it re-welded back on and epoxied but it broke again. Not sure what's up with that, bad cylinder or out of alignment some how?
      Still have the original clutch but it is failing. Was hoping to get a new Abarth but dealers and inventory have not been helpful. Now planning on driving this one into the ground while looking for C30 w/ manual trans.
      500T- parting out

2018 124 Classica
      Modding up

Comment

• my67falcon
        • Jul 2017

Bought a 2012 with a tad under 50k on it about a month ago. I drive it 150 miles a day to work and back so in a little over a year I hope to be in this club. My 2002 Focus is at 270k (daughter is now driving it) and most folks will tell you how that motor will fail before 100k. Keep them serviced is all I do and every car I have used as a commuter has made it past 200k.
        http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/

I was asked once, knowing what I know now about my inlaws, if I would do it all over again. I said "no, I would have married an orphan."

Comment

• kzlm
          • Aug 2017

I bought 2012 Fiat 500 Pop with 67,000 miles and think I got a bargain. I like it so much I am considering buying a new one.

I do expect my Fiat to last me past 100,000 miles. Everything is like new on the car from the engine to the exterior to the interior. You have to really look hard to tell it from a new car.
          Last edited by kzlm; 08-18-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• WillFiat
            Premium Member
            Premium Member
            • Aug 2014

What a great thread! I am only half way there in my 2012 Sport so it will be a while before I reach this milestone but I am going to enjoy reading about the long term experiences of other owners.
            2012 Prima Edizione #227 Girgio
            500Madness axle back muffler
            Magnaflow glasspack resonator
            Craven Speed stubby antenna
            Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
            500Madness Short Ram Intake
            Mopar Stainless Steel Pedal Covers
            MPX Hood Lift Kit
            Koni Yellow rear shocks
            Koni Yellow front struts
            Mishimoto Silicone Radiator Hoses
            Corsa Forza Strut Damper Plates
            Corsa Forza Vertical Chassis braces
            Corsa Forza Lower Sub Frame brace
            Mopar Lightweight Wheels 16"

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Originally posted by WillFiat
              What a great thread! I am only half way there in my 2012 Sport so it will be a while before I reach this milestone but I am going to enjoy reading about the long term experiences of other owners.
              Agreed, I'm right there with you around 58,000 miles.
              2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
              My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• phrogpilot73
                • Jun 2016

I bought a used 500L with 34K miles on it. I was fully planning on posting that I took it over 100K, but I just traded it in on a 2016 500X that I fell in love with when it was on the lot as new, and bought it when it came back (8 months later) as a used car with 6,500 miles. Thanks nameless individual who ate the depreciation for me!

Comment

• Joe's 500L
                  • Oct 2016

I now have, 3,230 miles on my new 16 500 Lounge.....its flawless. I really enjoy the gas mi....can't beat it. After the first 1000 miles I put on it, it seems to even run and shift better...and for 101hp, it goes!
                  Joe's 2016 500 Lounge

FIAT 500sigpicFIAT 500

5.0 Uconnect w/SXM/Nav/Park Assist/Beats Audio.
                  Heated Leather Seats/Power Moon Roof/Fogs.
                  Firestone Firehawk GT Tires.

Comment

• ice445
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by KellyfromVA
                    2012 500 Sport 128,622 miles as of this morning. Hasn't been without some pain, but still on the road.

If you own or are thinking of purchasing a 2012 or 2013 model and start having intermittent or unexpected electrical or warning light issues, clean your ground connections under the battery tray.

If you live in an area where streets are salted during the winter: Buy two cans of Fluid Film: https://www.amazon.com/Fluid-Film-11...uid+film+spray

In the Fall, lightly power wash the underside of your car. Allow it to dry, then jack up your car and coat the underside of your car with Fluid Film. You will be protected for two years. As with most modern cars, manufacturers skimp on corrosion protection.
                    I haven't noticed any corrosion at all on the actual tub of my car even after 4 winters. What HAS started to corrode though is the rear axle. So if you fluid film anything, the nooks and crannies where the spindles meet the axle, as well as the spring perch and shock mount would be ideal. I also have to mention that after cleaning the grounds on my car, I've found that since the Abarth has a different transmission than the normal 500, it isn't as subject to having its grounding points splashed by road salt and other nastiness. It's fairly protected. My grounds were pretty much perfectly clean even after 4 years.
                    2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in Grigio - Veruca
                    Mod List:
                    AAD Shifter
                    TurboSmart Wastegate Actuator
                    Forge Atmospheric BOV
                    Neu-F 28mm Rear Bar
                    Vogtland Springs
                    Alfa 4C Coils
                    Competizione CV2 Wheels
                    EC Catch Can

Comment

• bryanintowson
                      • Mar 2012

Just passed 90k. Kelly can you do a write up of cleaning the grounds?

Comment

• KellyfromVA
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by bryanintowson
                        Just passed 90k. Kelly can you do a write up of cleaning the grounds?
                        Hi Bryan,

Here is my original description from a while back: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ight=Grounding

There was another member who did the same procedure including photos too, but I wasn't able to find that post.

Comment

• harrington
                          • May 2014

I've got 102,000 on my 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I bought it from some guy who only put 600 miles on it and traded it in because it was an impulse buy and he realized it was too small. I paid 12K back in 2012 and I absolutely love this car. I've gone through a few door handles and a rear wheel bearing but that's about it. I do remember a few small issues that were fixed during the warranty period but nothing major. I change the oil when the indicator tells me to and that's about it. The car has been very dependable and looks brand new inside and out. I'm retired so I spend a lot of time on my vehicles. It's been a great car. I'm hoping for 200,000 miles.

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by harrington
                            I've got 102,000 on my 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I bought it from some guy who only put 600 miles on it and traded it in because it was an impulse buy and he realized it was too small. I paid 12K back in 2012 and I absolutely love this car. I've gone through a few door handles and a rear wheel bearing but that's about it. I do remember a few small issues that were fixed during the warranty period but nothing major. I change the oil when the indicator tells me to and that's about it. The car has been very dependable and looks brand new inside and out. I'm retired so I spend a lot of time on my vehicles. It's been a great car. I'm hoping for 200,000 miles.
                            So would you purchase another one tomorrow if for some reason you needed or wanted another car
                            !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                            !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• Prima148
                              • May 2011

My 2012 Sport (Prima): Original owner, I'm at 73,000.

Only issues so far: the wire harnessing fraying on the hatch at 50k and a new thermostat at 60k. I won't count the rear washer fluid disconnect.

I do fear, though, that my clutch will need replacing soon. No slipping but there's a screech when I press the pedal. Thoughts welcome.

Comment