Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Yeah, I'd say they break easily. My neighbor got in my car and the passenger side made an ominous groan. Like you, I don't use the rests but the dog sometimes...

Are they difficult to swap out? I don’t see where the connection is done - does the padding have to be removed from the seats? Any side airbags to...

Texanbrit: You're exactly right!
I pulled it apart today and the overflow hose is sticky and moist.
Everything else looked to be buttoned...

FIAT 500 1.4L SOHC (Naturally Aspirated. Non Turbo)
Ignition Coil
MOPAR 68070492AD

FIAT 500 ABARTH 1.4L SOHC (Turbo)
Ignition...

I believe the Alfa coil packs only work on a Turbo, and Abarth vehicles....

The connection at that side of the radiator is pretty solid, so if it's not the radiator itself then I imagine the coolant is running down the lower coolant...

Cheers from CO!

Hello all, I recently acquired '13 Abarth and decided to join the forum.
I owned in the 90's a Fiat 126p and now the Abarth.
Thanks for all...

There is no light for low coolant, so you need to keep an eye on it. A light means an overheat, and that is something you do not want to do.

F/S - 500X Roof Rails and Crossbars $ 175.00 for all

Purchased for my 2020 Trekking; did not realize will not work with sunroof.

Rails are new in original box. Part #68281916AA.
Crossbars...

Rocco Reviews...

Rock Auto has lots of quality/reasonably priced ignition coil choices for the 2014 N/A Engine, use GOOGLE to find a 5% off...

As we prepare for the 2024 summer season, prepare for some great news about our meets and drives !

Registration is now open, if you'd planning to display your vehicle sign up soon as space is limited, avoid disappointment! 😮

Fiat Club America events are always welcoming and friendly, no animosity or preferential treatment for anyone!

Nice Family environment for...

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

What did you do to your Fiat 500 today?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulbob
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by ice445
    I recommend applying fluid film or some competitor product to your brake lines at least once a year, they will stay like new for the life of the car that way.
    Ok, so it's not exactly what I did to my 500 (it will be sleeping this winter, as usual) but what I did to my 500L this weekend: I sprayed Fluid Film all over a bunch of stuff, particularly the brake lines on the rear twist beam axle. This is the first time I've used it. Any other suggestions for where and how to use it?

I've also started using 3M rust fighter, PB Blaster's Corrosion Stop, and some waxy stuff from Amsoil, which was, oddly, the least expensive.

Comment

• Burkett1983
      • Jul 2015

I added some white mirror caps. White wheels go on in the spring.
      whitemirrors.jpg

Comment

• Trunkout
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Burkett1983
        I added some white mirror caps. White wheels go on in the spring.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]28818[/ATTACH]
        I love my white wheels. Just really make the car look good.
        Last edited by Trunkout; 11-23-2017, 11:43 PM.
        2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s
        SOLD August 2018 BUT got company car

Comment

• NSngineer
          • Feb 2015

I washed her and we took her to the Newberry Opera House in Newberry, SC. While she rested we met old friends and ate at Figaro's.
          EVE, 2015 Bianco Abarth
          GoPedal; 500Madness 28mm rear torsion bar; polished aluminum oil cap; K&N air filter; 16mm spacers on front wheels, 17" bronze Abarth wheels with Pirelli's; Italian stripes, red stripes, red Abarth stripes, red checkerboard roof; red and black Sila floor and trunk mats, red leather hatch strap, badges and vinyl track and autocross cones decals, red turbo blanket and red silicone air intake, 500SPEEDLAB hood lift ...needs more scorpions...

Comment

• rustbucket
            • May 2013

Had the studio put new sneakers on my '13 500 Sport today- Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. Serious pain in the wallet area but it could have been worse- Mopar had a buy three tires and get the fourth for $1.00 promo and the studio kicked in a $100 gift card and free balancing/ rotation for the life of the tires which mitigated some of the wallet area discomfort. Also had the brake fluid flushed- after almost four years it was past due.
            2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Exel

Gutted.. 😅

Comment

• Voodude
                • Sep 2016

LOL I filled up the gas tank! The low fuel light lit and said to my self should I push it!?! I usually keep an eye on the gauge and never go under 1/2 tank for the sake of pulls, crackles and pops. Must be the turkey inducing naps.
                2013 Abarth Bianco
                BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 205/40/17 | Ciao Torino Wheelset Silver | Craven Stubby Antenna | EC Euro+Drive w/ Dual Tune 695TF and Phase 1 * EC v4.1 Intake * EC Prometeo Oil Cap | Fiat Black Tailights | GFB DV+ | MPX Axle Back | NEU-F 28mm Rear Torsion Bar * Lowering Springs * Short Shift Adapter * Torque Arm Insert | NGEN Ignition Coils | NGK DCPR9EIX plugs | PTP Turbo Blanket | RaceEng Shift Knob Ashiko TranRed | RRM Corsa Chassis Braces | VVME HID Lamps & LED interior

Comment

• AbarthTampaFL
                  • Dec 2018

I removed the air vents from the side of the front bumper of the car and cut the back tubing off and re installed. It should help with cooling, from what an alfa 4c owner told me.
                  Ferrari of Central Florida
                  Abarth Cabrio Grigio Top
                  Rosso/Black
                  Nue F springs
                  10% Tint and Windshield

Comment

• Nutmeg500fan
                    • Jun 2011

Full brake job today - quoted $1000 from several sources (Firestone, Pep Boys and my Fiat dealer) so I bit the bullet, bought parts for $212 and dove in... fronts were pretty standard, rears were a PIA... compressing the pistons back into the caliper isn't as easy as all the YouTubers video's claim... finally got them in far enough to get the caliper back on with the new pads. Was surprised how bad the rears were compared to fronts... anyone else find this to be same?

Comment

• Ando
                      Enthusiastically Slow
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Nutmeg500fan
                      Was surprised how bad the rears were compared to fronts... anyone else find this to be same?
                      Big pain... My buddy now likes to ask "Is this a front brakes or rear brakes type of job?" when I mention performing an "easy task". We even had the tool to interface between a ratchet and the caliper but you still need some muscle to twist AND push or you don't get anywhere.

Bought this kit before I agreed to do the wife's Cooper S brakes (same style calipers) and it was cake. Honestly worth it at twice the price.

Comment

• Frankinstyn
                        • Feb 2019

Installed a phone mount that slides into the cd player.

E8679DC6-0605-4A0E-9AE2-4550EBB1BD16.jpg

Installed an auto tinting rear view mirror that also has homelink controls.

DF66F10C-C99D-4810-B930-99D4E9F15A8F.jpg

My new 2013 Fiat 500 turbo... With only 30,500 miles!

F59C269A-E2DF-4F79-96AD-1FFB9D051F54.jpg

Comment

• Vlad3060
                          • Jan 2018

Took her to the local Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Fiat/Alfa/BBQ/Laundromat due to a check engine light coming on/off earlier this week (first one in 14K miles!). Code read that oil level was low in cylinder #3.

Comment

• Frankinstyn
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Vlad3060
                            Took her to the local Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Fiat/Alfa/BBQ/Laundromat due to a check engine light coming on/off earlier this week (first one in 14K miles!). Code read that oil level was low in cylinder #3.
                            That's an odd code. Did you get it figured out?

Comment

• Frankinstyn
                              • Feb 2019

Installed my led headlights and fog lights. The driving lights caused a code so I'll have to get a different set that have the resistor built in.

Man those fog lights are a pain! You have to take the whole bumper cover off....because I was enough to get a turbo model.

IMG_1609.jpg

Comment

• Vlad3060
                                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Frankinstyn
                                That's an odd code. Did you get it figured out?
                                Dealership said that it was due to having low engine oil levels and it was a standard code. Odd thing was that the low oil light never came on. I had a full oil change done at Jiffy Lube just to be safe.

Comment