Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

Picking up my Prima Edizione

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaliberSRT4

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

In the US we also have a "doc fee". The administration fee is maybe the equivalent of that, which is apparently being waived, so no harm done there. I have not heard of this registration fee in the US, it does seem a bit questionable to me. That wouldn't be the destination fee would it? Seems to be about the right amount for that.

Comment

• Carabinieri

Yup.

IMO, "registration fee of $699.00" = "ADP," i.e., "Additional Dealer Profit."

I really like the 500, but I'll walk before I pay anything of the sort.

Bill

Comment

• Springer2011

I talked to Motor Village LA and they said the total fees above sticker price are $55 doc fees, 9.75% sales tax for their area, they do not charge for dealer prep. That's it. Pretty fair.

Comment

• sjmst
          Lifetime Member
          Lifetime Member
          • May 2011

More like it!
          sigpic
          Fiat Club America Long Island Chapter Contact.
          - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
          1981 Fiat Spider
          2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
          2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• prima 109
            • Jun 2011

I wonder if that fee is a Canadian thing? I would call or visit with other manufacturer's dealers and see if this is a common fee for new vehicle purchase's in Canada, if he has never bought a new car before. Sounds fishy.

Craig

Comment

• rbrf2

I haven't been able to go to the dealership to check out and get an explanation regarding the additional fees, but I will surely keep you guys posted. I can walk away from it, but I'm sure there will be no shortage of people who are willing to take 1 of limited edition FIAT 500 Prima Edizione. When I was at the dealership he had a list of 8 people picking up the limited edition and about 34 pre-orders.

Anyhow, I will try to go tomorrow just to get an explanation.

Fiat hasn't released the list of dealerships in Ontario who will carry and sell the FIATS, but the owner of the dealership I went to said, there were 5 dealerships chosen by FIAT in Ontario, but looks like only 3 Chrysler dealership will end up actually becoming FIAT dealerships. So I cannot really go shopping around for a better price.

Thanks for everyones feedback. I started this thread to find out if I should get extended warranty and rust proofing, but it seems the majority of respondents on other forums have said to say NO to both.

Comment

• sjmst
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • May 2011

"Documentation fees ("doc" fees) are typically charged by dealers as a kind of administrative fee. The fee amount ranges from about $250 to $600, much of which is simply added profit for the dealer. Many dealers have the fee pre-printed on the sales form to make it seem official. Some dealers are willing to reduce or waive documentation fees, and others simply refuse to negotiate as a matter of policy. "

See also
                CarBuyingTips.com's Top 10 Car Dealer Scams. We reveal scams currently being reported by consumers and how to avoid them.
                sigpic
                - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
                1981 Fiat Spider
                2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• Springer2011

Go to the Fiat Canada website www.fiatcanada.com and click the "our dealers" link. Choose Ontario in the selection box that comes up. Their are sixteen dealers in Ontario.

Comment

• Springer1952

The comment that documentation fees/administrative fees are 200 to 600 dollars is incorrect. I have bought 18 news cars and have gone through my documentaion and checked this fee. It is about $50 give or take $5-10.

What is this fee for?

It is a fee paid to the dealer so they can act as your "Power of Attorney" in filing your paperwork with your State. This is how you get your registration and license plates in the mail. The dealer files all the paperwork for you.

It is absolutely incorrect that this fee is $200-600 dollars.

If you question if the fee is $50 or $200-600, I would call several dealers of different makes and check what their fee is. When you get a range you can take this to the dealer who is charging you this much and negotiate. Knowledge is power here. Ask the dealers if they have you sign a power of attorney for filing your paperwork. The power of attorney is only for this transaction.

You also have to be careful who you listen to on this site since some are involved with dealers, the factory, etc. and may have their own agenda. You want someone honest and experienced as myself to listen to.

Comment

• Carabinieri

While I do not necessarily disagree with the merits of your post, springer '52, must admit that your closer, "You also have to be careful who you listen to on this site since some are involved with dealers, the factory, etc. and may have their own agenda. You want someone honest and experienced as myself to listen to" was almost breathtaking.

Maybe I have missed something, but it appears you wish others here accept on your statement that you are "honest and experienced." You may well be both, but I haven't seen much from other posters that indicates any particular personal or corporate agendas.

If I have taken your statement 180 from your intent, apologies; I'll buy you a beer at a FIAT 500 rally somewhere. <smiley image='anim_drunk.gif'/>

Bill

Comment

• Minuszka

" I talked to Motor Village LA and they said the total fees above sticker price are $55 doc fees " - I've called one dealer in my area and was told 499 for Doc. fee. They were pretty firm about it, explaining that everybody, even the owner would have to pay that when buying a car from them. ;-)
                        Several posts in this thread pointed out that the realistic amount is much less for doc fee. What can we do?

Comment

• sjmst
                          Lifetime Member
                          Lifetime Member
                          • May 2011

<quote author="Minuszka">
                          " I talked to Motor Village LA and they said the total fees above sticker price are $55 doc fees " - I've called one dealer in my area and was told 499 for Doc. fee. They were pretty firm about it, explaining that everybody, even the owner would have to pay that when buying a car from them. ;-)
                          Several posts in this thread pointed out that the realistic amount is much less for doc fee. What can we do?
                          </quote>

Q: How can you tell when a dealer is lying?
                          A: His lips are moving.
                          sigpic
                          - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
                          1981 Fiat Spider
                          2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                          2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

<quote author="Minuszka">
                            </quote>

Something isn't right. They have to be talking about destination. EVERYONE pays destination, it's called equalized freight and if you live near the factory or 3,000 miles away it is the same 99% of the time (sometimes they do do east or west of the Mississippi shipping). There is no markup on destination.

As for doc(umentation) fees, I have what they are in my records, I'll look them up tomorrow. I believe it's for the clerk to file DMV, do the lien releases, notarize paperwork, etc.

This $499, is this a deposit that goes toward registration and the balance will be refunded?

If they can't explain exactly what it is, or they are charging $499 for what others are charging $50 for, go somewhere else.

Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                            fiat 500 forum signature
                            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Minuszka

Destination is included in the Prima price!
                              Thanks for looking up the doc fee. Re.g and title is not part of the doc fee they quoted, those would be additional.
                              " This $499, is this a deposit that goes toward registration and the balance will be refunded? " - no, it's for their running the business, bills, non commission salaries etc.
                              " If they can't explain exactly what it is, or they are charging $499 for what others are charging $50 for, go somewhere else. " - here is the problem, in case of the Prima E. we can't really go somewhere else. There is this one dealership in the entire State.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                                Amministratore
                                • Feb 2011

author="Minuszka">
                                Destination is included in the Prima price!
                                Thanks for looking up the doc fee. Re.g and title is not part of the doc fee they quoted, those would be additional.
                                " This $499, is this a deposit that goes toward registration and the balance will be refunded? " - no, it's for their running the business, bills, non commission salaries etc.
                                " If they can't explain exactly what it is, or they are charging $499 for what others are charging $50 for, go somewhere else. " - here is the problem, in case of the Prima E. we can't really go somewhere else. There is this one dealership in the entire State.
                                When I sold cars, that was what the hold back was used for. In other states, they don't charge as much.
                                It might not be worth it, but maybe you can travel to another state?

Really sorry to hear that Minuszka.
                                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                                fiat 500 forum signature
                                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment