500 Madness

Thread: Fiat Sales for July 2017

Fiat Sales for July 2017

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat sales for July showed a slight increase for 500 and 500X models compared to the previous month in June. Fiat 500L MPV and 124 Spider July sales took a dip compared to June, keeping both months nearly dead even.Overall, Fiat sold a total of 2,244 cars last month, which is down 18% compared to the 2,738 sold last July. So far this year Fiat sales are running a steady 13% below last

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat sales for July showed a slight increase for 500 and 500X models compared to the previous month in June. Fiat 500L MPV and 124 Spider July sales took a dip compared to June, keeping both months nearly dead even.Overall, Fiat sold a total of 2,244 cars last month, which is down 18% compared to the 2,738 sold last July. So far this year Fiat sales are running a steady 13% below last

Read about it here...
    I suppose that's not to bad...considering I haven't seen a Fiat commercial on TV since....well, I don't remember, it's been so long! Why???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (08-02-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 997 Posts
    Good point! Watching the few TV shows I do, there are TONS of car ads from various brands, plus the F1 races with Jaguar and Mercedes ads. There have been a lot of Alfa Romeo Giulia ads, so maybe the FCA big picture marketing strategy sticks with the new models. Can't remember the last time I saw a Chrysler 300 ad.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

They are hitting the Giulia really hard, but they need to change the ad up. They should show the Giulia and Giulia Ti and not concentrate on the limited production Quadrifoglio.

As for Fiat, they should concentrate on the 500X. The old head of marketing left, so maybe we'll see a different type of ad that shows more of the cars. Fingers crossed.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (08-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    They are hitting the Giulia really hard, but they need to change the ad up. They should show the Giulia and Giulia Ti and not concentrate on the limited production Quadrifoglio.

As for Fiat, they should concentrate on the 500X. The old head of marketing left, so maybe we'll see a different type of ad that shows more of the cars. Fingers crossed.
    I think concentrating on the QV is the very point of bringing Alfa back... performance. They could add a second advert focusing on the goodies of the other trims though.

FIAT USA really needs to develop adverts for the entire range. The earlier clips put them all in the same box. The real challenge is in describing the very clear differences. I must admit creating a 500 family may have worked against them as much as it pains me to admit it. But I still believe they wisely chose the easiest way to introduce the new face of the brand to this market.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 997 Posts
    So far with Alfa in the US we've had the very expensive and limited 8C a few years ago, then the really cool carbon fiber but still $60,000 4C, and then the high performance Quadrifoglio Giulia in a similar price range. Now the cheaper versions of Giulia and then the Stelvio SUV. I think they've had a clear vision of Alfa being that luxury brand in between FIAT and Maserati. Overall car sales in the US are down on 2016, so how the FIAT and Alfa brands will fare in the long run is still up in the air as far as I can tell.

My crystal ball says that we will have Chinese and even French makers coming to the US in the next five years, so that and the on-going electric/hybrid/fusion/gas/diesel issues make for a very crowded auto market if nothing else!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Amacento (08-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    I think concentrating on the QV is the very point of bringing Alfa back... performance. They could add a second advert focusing on the goodies of the other trims though.

FIAT USA really needs to develop adverts for the entire range. The earlier clips put them all in the same box. The real challenge is in describing the very clear differences. I must admit creating a 500 family may have worked against them as much as it pains me to admit it. But I still believe they wisely chose the easiest way to introduce the new face of the brand to this market.
    I agree. They should highlight the full model lineup of cars for all brands.

One of the complaints I hear from dealers is they just advertise the limited production QV that they can't get. The "bread and butter" Giulia and Giulia Ti are a absent from TV. Now that the QV made a big splash, I see their point.

Fiat did a similar thing with the 500L. The car they choose to show in all the ads was a Yellow Trekking with white roof, but that car was nearly impossible to get according to Fiat dealers I talked to.