Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

But did you search?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lanssolo
    • Dec 2016

But did you search?

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
    But did your try the search?...
    I just want to chime in here for a second and say that I often search forums first and cannot find what I'm looking for - or I bring up 5year old threads. So I start new ones *CRINGING* because of moderator posts like this. I always feel like I'm putting someone out when I get this response. But I would think current and active interest should outweigh just reading an ancient post. You'd have far less activity on your site if everyone just stopped at reading, ya know?

**edit: I'm currently NOT asking about the best sunshade for the car because of searching "sun shade" "sunshade" "window shade" etc. and I'm worried I'll get the "search please" response. lol

Admin note: I broke this topic out of the original thread: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...n-t-go-over-87
    Last edited by Fiat500USA; 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM. Reason: added note
    2017 500 Abarth Cabrio.
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lanssolo
    I just want to chime in here for a second and say that I often search forums first and cannot find what I'm looking for - or I bring up 5year old threads. So I start new ones *CRINGING* because of moderator posts like this. I always feel like I'm putting someone out when I get this response. But I would think current and active interest should outweigh just reading an ancient post. You'd have far less activity on your site if everyone just stopped at reading, ya know?

**edit: I'm currently NOT asking about the best sunshade for the car because of searching "sun shade" "sunshade" "window shade" etc. and I'm worried I'll get the "search please" response. lol
    I don't like those posts either and you rarely if ever see them here, so this isn't the site you're talking about and not a fair criticism for this place. That was in response to my post that didn't seem it was read. The op sounded like he had a convertible and that question is common. I stopped what I was doing and spent time researching it and gently mentioned about the search. When the post seemed to be blown off I mentioned the search again as I thought I read something about a hardtop but didn't have time to stop again and research. I think the moderators here are nice and considerate and really patient. Probably nicer than most places in my humble opinion.

PS. I spend hours every week researching and answering questions for people. Probably 80-90% I find the answer here on the forum and I will post what I find, usually with a quote and a link to where I found it and I never give a snarky comment of "just search". Look through all my posts and you'll see what I mean. I don't think I've seen Bob or James do that either. They aren't the type to be jerks.

As far as posting, sure I love to see new posts. Like any forum, it pays to do a little searching first so we can keep the responses together to make it easier to do research. Personally, I would rather have a related question posted on an old thread than a whole new thread, but that may be at odds at what other forums do. I do a lot of searches so I find that easier to do research.

I have a comment in the Guidelines for Posting on the Forum that says "There are no dumb questions, but there are dumb answers" so I try to live by that and not get on people's cases.
    Last edited by Fiat500USA; 07-26-2017, 10:04 PM. Reason: added PS when I got home
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• For the exhaust note
      • Jan 2017

Feel free to let me know if you find an answer to the sunshade question. I tried to look that up and lost patience. Thanks!

Comment

• lanssolo
        • Dec 2016

... I stopped what I was doing and spent time researching it and gently mentioned about the search. When the post seemed to be blown off I mentioned the search again as I thought I read something about a hardtop but didn't have time to stop again and research. I think the moderators here are nice and considerate and really patient. Probably nicer than most places in my humble opinion...Like any forum, it pays to do a little searching first so we can keep the responses together to make it easier to do research. Personally, I would rather have a related question posted on an old thread than a whole new thread...
        Word. I appreciate it when you merge these threads together. It makes things easier to find for a newbie and I'm more inclined to post to a current thread. Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by For the exhaust note
        Feel free to let me know if you find an answer to the sunshade question. I tried to look that up and lost patience. Thanks!
        Will do!!

OP: I'm curious if you have any speed warning lights or chimes when your car hits its limit? I'm also hoping you'll update with what the studio/dealer discovers. I'm hella curious about this.
        2017 500 Abarth Cabrio.

Comment

• Ando
          Enthusiastically Slow
          Lifetime Member
          • Nov 2016

Thread Duplication

I just want to chime in here for a second and say that I often search forums first and cannot find what I'm looking for - or I bring up 5year old threads.
          I feel ya. I'm sitting on my hands about a couple of things as well. Sure you can find a lot of great old posts to get you 85% of the way to an answer, but isn't it better to have an active conversation and find an answer suited to your specific needs? It's a pretty friendly community but I still feel awkward about it.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ando
            I feel ya. I'm sitting on my hands about a couple of things as well. Sure you can find a lot of great old posts to get you 85% of the way to an answer, but isn't it better to have an active conversation and find an answer suited to your specific needs? It's a pretty friendly community but I still feel awkward about it.
            That's a good point. The conundrum is there are a lot of high quality threads (sometimes multiples) on certain subjects, so do we start a new one from scratch or add to the old one? It's great to have new threads and new posts, of course, but the downside could be that important info can get spread across too many threads. Maybe merging threads is the answer? I really should look into it. What I have been doing is taging threads with important subjects - like sideskirts for example. That will bring up important sideskirt threads. This is something that anyone can do, by the way. That might help make it easier to find info.

I definitely don't want someone to feel uncomfortable asking something. Probably the main reason I started this site. I think as long as there was a search done on a question and if the answer wasn't found, people should feel free to post. That keeps the place alive. The searching part just cuts down on multiple same subject threads which can make researching more difficult.

fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• For the exhaust note
              • Jan 2017

That's a good point. The conundrum is there are a lot of high quality threads (sometimes multiples) on certain subjects, so do we start a new one from scratch or add to the old one? It's great to have new threads and new posts, of course, but the downside could be that important info can get spread across too many threads. Maybe merging threads is the answer? I really should look into it. What I have been doing is taging threads with important subjects - like sideskirts for example. That will bring up important sideskirt threads. This is something that anyone can do, by the way. That might help make it easier to find info.

I definitely don't want someone to feel uncomfortable asking something. Probably the main reason I started this site. I think as long as there was a search done on a question and if the answer wasn't found, people should feel free to post. That keeps the place alive. The searching part just cuts down on multiple same subject threads which can make researching more difficult.
              The problem I come across when searching threads is when I try to look something up that requires more than one word, it is hard to dig through the threads that have nothing to do with my query to find things that do.

Comment

• Tweak
                Rest In Peace
                • Nov 2012

I feel like I read this same thing once before but I simply cannot recall well enough at the moment, sorry!

As for the EC tune... none that I can recall make the car slow or stop at that point. Even with my piggyback and other mods I've made 135MPH and felt like she had more to offer.

As for the sunshade comment, I think this might be the nicest option as it allows for the entire car... all windows to be covered if you'd like it that way.

Selected 2013 because that's my car but they are all pretty much the same so...

Online store for purchasing custom car windshield reflectors to protect vehicles from sun and heat.

Front, rear, side, top... really cover the car if you want.
                Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by For the exhaust note
                  The problem I come across when searching threads is when I try to look something up that requires more than one word, it is hard to dig through the threads that have nothing to do with my query to find things that do.

As I spend a good deal of my time searching for answers to questions for members, here are some idea and techniques I use constantly. Hopefully this will help:

• Using the vBulletin advanced search I choose the "Single Content Type" search.
                  • Try use quotation marks around the phrase you are looking for.
                  • Choose "show posts" and not threads. This makes it quicker to look through a post to see if it is relevant.

As I've answered lots of questions on the forum, you can also try selecting "Search User" and type my username in to see if I answered the question. You never know.
                  You can also narrow the search field to specific cars. I would only do that if you know it is a question that only applies to a specific model.

I have also added a quick search to the forum that is provided by Google. This is a little quicker, so you can give that a try also. It also searches Fiat500USa.com as that has tons of info on the cars too. Sometimes you can score a quick result.

The other suggestion is to use Google itself. Go to Google, type the search phrase you are looking for and then add "site:fiat500usaforum.com

That will give a deep Google search of the site.

Ultimately, it can take some time to find answers to some of the more uncommon questions. Like most things worthwhile in life, it can take more than a little effort. There is a wealth of information here and it's worth the time exploring these older posts, especially for the newer members and owners. Nearly every question that a new owner has has been asked by the the older members when we first got out cars. Happy exploring!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• lanssolo
                    • Dec 2016

Thanks so much for trying to make the search as easy as possible. It's easier when I get on a laptop than when I'm on mobile. I agree about spreading useful info across multiple threads. If it helps, you always have my permission to combine any thread I start with any other thread.
                    2017 500 Abarth Cabrio.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

I think this happens on every forum and page of the internet! One thing that goes a long way for me is to try to find an answer first, and then just go ahead and include that on a forum...."Hey guys, I've googled and searched and asked my brother, but can't find the answer to..."

I've been both a user and a moderator, so its going to happen. Just like in my job, people ALWAYS ask questions first even when the answer is easy to find yourself, so I agree that it's always fun to have a conversation on the forum...it's always new to the new person.

From the moderator side, I'd say it's the little things that get you down...if I can be honest, I can't believe how many times people post Classifieds and violate the FAQs for this forum, so it's always a call to either PM them, delete the thread immediately, post "Hey, check our FAQ and...", or whatever.

Bottom line, we all want the same thing, a fun place to talk FIAT, cars, and etc. Let's just do that and 99% of the time we don't have any issues anyway.

Signed,

Mr. Glass Half Full Guy
                      2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
                      My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• Rsamson67
                        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Robert Nixon
                        I think this happens on every forum and page of the internet! One thing that goes a long way for me is to try to find an answer first, and then just go ahead and include that on a forum...."Hey guys, I've googled and searched and asked my brother, but can't find the answer to..."

I've been both a user and a moderator, so its going to happen. Just like in my job, people ALWAYS ask questions first even when the answer is easy to find yourself, so I agree that it's always fun to have a conversation on the forum...it's always new to the new person.

From the moderator side, I'd say it's the little things that get you down...if I can be honest, I can't believe how many times people post Classifieds and violate the FAQs for this forum, so it's always a call to either PM them, delete the thread immediately, post "Hey, check our FAQ and...", or whatever.

Bottom line, we all want the same thing, a fun place to talk FIAT, cars, and etc. Let's just do that and 99% of the time we don't have any issues anyway.

Signed,

Mr. Glass Half Full Guy
                        I agree! I don't even own a FIAT yet. I have a Dodge Dart. The people on this forum are nice and helpful. On the Dart forum it is not as friendly. I have been a member of several forums through the years and this is one of the best forums!

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Dec 2015

Yes sir agree with you on that.
                          Most everyone makes a real effort to help each other.Some times heated but most of the time folks are very helpful and our vendors do a great job advising us also.
                          !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                          !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment