Anyone replaced there steering wheel?
500 Madness

Thread: Anyone replaced there steering wheel?

Thanks

Anyone replaced there steering wheel?

I have saw a few people on instagram with them and was wondering how people were liking it over the factory one. I like some from NRG and GripRoyal but want to know what people who are running them feel. Not to concerned about losing the functions of the steering wheel (phone, radio controls etc).

Feel free to chime in your thoughts!
    Catless downpipe, GFB DV+, MPx Throttle body, Road Race stage 2 intake, Neuf springs, koni yellows, EC catchcan, Maxfire coils, urethane exhaust mounts, MPx brake brace, madness rear torsion bar, RRM chassis braces, DNA short shifter, 500 madness lightweight pulley, MPx axleback, Sila concepts FMIC, Tork subframe collars, DNA Racing Subframe brace, Turbo Blanket, boost leak fix, OFT stage 2, rear seat delete, rear wiper delete, Stubby Antena.

Thanks
    I know someone in a group of mine who tracks his car regularly and he says an aftermarket wheel was a huge improvement in his ability to control the car. The stock one's bulbous grips don't inspire confidence on track. You do sacrifice your airbag though so I don't recommend it for street use (although I've seen a few brave souls running them 24/7).

I really do wish there was one with a thinner rim available from the factory. I refuse to sacrifice airbag and I don't track my car so I'm out of luck, personally.
    2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in Grigio - Veruca
    Mod List -
    Craven Speed Short Shifter + Abarth 595 Pomello Shift Knob + Poly shift linkage bushings
    TurboSmart Wastegate Actuator
    DIY Rear Seat Delete
    EC V2.1 Intake
    Mattjk Tweeter mod
    Otis Tuner Lug Bolts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CC_Abarth View Post
    I have saw a few people on instagram with them and was wondering how people were liking it over the factory one. I like some from NRG and GripRoyal but want to know what people who are running them feel. Not to concerned about losing the functions of the steering wheel (phone, radio controls etc).

Feel free to chime in your thoughts!
    I have one with the adapter for sale barley used. Let me know.

Thanks
    Are you building a racecar? Even racecars have safety built into them. Don't exchange safety (life or death) for very little performance. Once you lose an airbag, you car becomes more of a death trap. When your red light airbag light is on, that means no airbags will deploy in an accident.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ice445 View Post
    I know someone in a group of mine who tracks his car regularly and he says an aftermarket wheel was a huge improvement in his ability to control the car. The stock one's bulbous grips don't inspire confidence on track. You do sacrifice your airbag though so I don't recommend it for street use (although I've seen a few brave souls running them 24/7).

I really do wish there was one with a thinner rim available from the factory. I refuse to sacrifice airbag and I don't track my car so I'm out of luck, personally.
    You can always trade someone for their Non-Abarth 500 steering wheel. You can even keep your controls and airbag. I swapped my sport steering wheel for an abarth!

Thanks

Anyone replaced there steering wheel

Im getting an aftermarket 6bolt steering wheel and I was wondering if I wanted to get a quick release what would I need. The quick release piece alone or do I need a short hub an if I dont get a quick release can I just use a hub/short hub? I need help please