500 Madness

Thread: NRSCCA Solo #4 video and pictures

Thanks

NRSCCA Solo #4 video and pictures

Video:

The most fun I had in a autocross so far, the course was nice and the car felt great. A lot of sideways action and control slides...and cone killing.
    This is only the third time I race in SMF since I lowered the car on Neuf springs and could no longer run in HS. There was only 3 cars in the class this time around, but it didn't matter as long as the fast orange Focus and leader of the class was there, and I managed to beat him this time, I was sooo excited.
    Results: http://www.nrscca.com/files/results/...June25Full.pdf

right before the cone kill

Cone gone, front plate bent and the frame broke, but its all part of the fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robert Nixon; 06-27-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    2015 Abarth Rosso.
    NEU-F lowering springs / NEU-F torsion bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 997 Posts
    congrats on the win!

So your mods go to SMF and not STX? I think if you just lowered it on springs then you'd be in STX
    Last edited by Robert Nixon; 06-27-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 59K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Thanks
    Yeah, there is plenty of room between Street and Street Mod - what other things have you modified to kick you all the way to SMF?

Also, if you're not driving on slicks, stay with SMS (Street Mod Street Tire). The PAX is much nicer than SMF.

Looking good out there, regardless. Nice long circuit!
    Last edited by B3NN3TT; 06-27-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Andy
    2013 500 Abarth (Sold 3/17) 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2000 ROUSH Cougar SMF #71 2013 Focus ST

Thanks
    Well what happened is that I registered in HS for solo #2 this year, and when I got there the driver of a white fiesta was waiting for me at the gate asking me not to be in "his class" because of my springs...because I beat him in solo #1 and he couldn't swallow it. Anyway rules are rules and I see where he is coming from. since I didn't have time to look up all the classes I just went with SMF. At the time I had only a drop in Bmc filter and rear torsion bar which are both legal in HS, plus the springs.

i was looking around the forum yesterday and saw that I could be in different classes, either STC, CSP OR STF.

reasons why I'm staying in SMF for now:
    1. I don't care about PAX, it's not accurate for so many reasons...it compares driver/car combined, and its based on the Nationals most heavily modified cars. I remembered being placed near the top on my second autoX ever in GS back then, I think maybe 4th...which was a joke, I don't need a pax number to tell me I'm better than the rest, when I clearly wasn't, Still not, a lot of the people that come to my region are national champions. I know it's a complicated and a sensitive subject for some people, but that is just my opinion.

2. Never seen anybody run STC in my region; didn't even know it existed, CSP and STF usually a car or two if any, I don't like running by myself, there is no motivation, yes those classes would be better for my PAX, but I like competing with the focuses in SMF, they push me to do better, I was inching closer and closer to the top every time, its more fun that way, everyone was rooting for the underdog Abarth last Sunday.
    I did add spacers (15mm upfront, 12mm in the back) and sometimes I'll use the go pedal. All my mods are mostly for looks beasides the torsion bar, I hated looking at the rear wheel gap before putting the lowering springs.

3: I tried STS once, it was rediculous, the Miata and the Civic in that class are super modified, race track ready. Always 4 seconds faster than the rest. They bring the Civic in a freaking trailer, I couldn't believe that they were running in STS, but Its not Nationals and they can do whatever they want.
    2015 Abarth Rosso.

Thanks
    Wow. Nice run! And all you did was add the springs? What tires? I'm really impressed that you beat the HS Fiesta times by 5 seconds! I'm in HS all year with no mods other than the bigger rear bar. Running my second set of RE-71s (first set lasted two seasons after rotating). I don't have much competition right now, but got aced by a couple of Fiestas at the Crows Landing ProSolo earlier this year. And I'm staying about 1-2 seconds behind the GS winners here (Celica GT and VW GTI).

Anyway, congrats!!
    Bill Tubbs

2013 Nero Abarth
    RRM Rear Anti-sway Bar, Neuf Shifter Adapter, NORCAL SS Custom Gauge and Pillar Pod, K&N Air Filter, Bridgestone RE-71, 205/45-16 on Sparco Assetto Gara wheels

2017 SCCA Sacramento Chapter - H Street Class Champion
    2016 SCCA Sacramento Chapter - 3rd GS
    2015 SCCA Sacramento Chapter - 2nd GS
    2014 SCCA Sacramento Chapter - 3rd GS
    2013 SCCA Sacramento Chapter - 2nd GS

Thanks
    Cool pics!

I didn't know STC was still around, I thought it got merged with STF. That's where I feel the Abarth should be, but it's classed in STX instead with lots of much faster competition. But I guess STX is changing too, into STH or whatever. Should be fun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgpiper View Post
    Wow. Nice run! And all you did was add the springs? What tires? I'm really impressed that you beat the HS Fiesta times by 5 seconds! I'm in HS all year with no mods other than the bigger rear bar. Running my second set of RE-71s (first set lasted two seasons after rotating). I don't have much competition right now, but got aced by a couple of Fiestas at the Crows Landing ProSolo earlier this year. And I'm staying about 1-2 seconds behind the GS winners here (Celica GT and VW GTI).

Anyway, congrats!!
    Thank you.
    I'm also using the RE-71s, and at the time I had the springs, Neuf torsion bar and wheel spacers.
    you are not doing too bad yourself, good for you!
    2015 Abarth Rosso.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Cool pics!

I didn't know STC was still around, I thought it got merged with STF. That's where I feel the Abarth should be, but it's classed in STX instead with lots of much faster competition. But I guess STX is changing too, into STH or whatever. Should be fun.
    I hear you, I usually run in SMF, but I thought I should try STX last weekend for the MidWest divisional solo to see what's up...it was a joke the BRZ's were 3 seconds faster and the Mini S was 6 seconds faster (300hp And he's the national champion) but still it is not a good class for the Abarth. Funny enough I was faster than the guy in SMF...go figure. I've notice that the street touring classes are waaay faster the the higher SM classes, but whatever...I'm happy batteling it out with the ST's and GTI's in SMF for now.
    2015 Abarth Rosso.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maystro For This Useful Post:

scooby (08-16-2017)