Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Discounting Prices on The Giulia

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Southernroadrunner
    Lifetime Member
    • Dec 2015

Discounting Prices on The Giulia

So I am running through Cars.com and looking at the new Gulia which just came out.Looks like most of the dealers I was looking at is discounting the car 5K if not a little more.They advertise this car a lot on national tv.Suprised their advertising through the websites of 5K discounts already,since it's pretty new.Was looking at the ones the guys had at FOTD and they seem to be really nice cars.
    !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
    !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!
  • Robert Nixon

I think Alfa has done a great job with the Giulia, and it seems to be a better car than others in it's price range.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
      Lifetime Member
      • Dec 2015

I agree with that Robert.I was just suprised to see the discounted prices already but its good for the people interested.Its a beautiful car for sure
      !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• Klasse Act
        • Apr 2014

I wish I could afford one for sure!
        2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
          Lifetime Member
          • Dec 2015

Id like to have one also.Just really like my Abarth and not really sure i could go to a large car again.But what i saw sure makes it tempting for sure.
          !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• Mokie
            • Nov 2016

Cannot beat Italian styling.
            Mokie Johnson
            Dormont PA
            Rosso 500 Pop 2012
            Red Stubby Antenna
            Black Hood Bra
            Red Dash Cover
            Black/Red Seat Covers
            All-Weather Trunk Liner

1.4L Fender Badging
            E-Brake Leather Cover by Black
            Red Billet Oil Cap
            Flaming Ball Shift Knob
            Red Sila Floor Mats
            500 Logo Door Sill Plates
            Alutec Grip Wheels (Anthracite)
            Window Tinting Rear 3 20% Front 2 35%
            Magneti Marelli Faux Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps
            Faux Carbon Fibre Door Handle Scratch Protectors
            Matte Black Centre Hood Stripe

Comment

• bryanintowson
              • Mar 2012

Because killjoy:

Fiat Chrysler has high hopes for Alfa Romeo in the U.S. but, unlike FCA boss Sergio Marchionne, Alfa's leader is hesitant to pull a number out of the air.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                Amministratore
                • Feb 2011

It's unrealistic to expect Alfa Romeo pop into the country and command premium prices, that's why they have been aggressive with the pricing and there are incentives. They have to buy themselves into the market, plus deal with people who never drove an Alfa, let alone even seen one, yet spew nonsense about the cars.
                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                fiat 500 forum signature
                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Dec 2015

Whether they discount or not its an extremely nice car by what ive seen but its $$$$ just like the rest.Very nice car
                  !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• Rsamson67
                    • Sep 2016

Great looking car! On my radar in a year or two! Need to see how everything shakes out.

Comment

• KellyfromVA
                      • Feb 2016

Realizing taste is in the eye of the beholder (or loan holder); My wife and I went to look at a Gulia at the local Fiat studio a few months ago. Believe it or not, I had high hopes for the car going in, leaving the showroom somewhat disappointed an hour later. Here are some of the reasons that in spite of the fact the coachwork of the Gulia is stunning, it's simply not worth the money:

1. The interior layout and finish is not up to standards of the competitors like the BMW 3-series. The seat stitching is not consistent, air controls are not intuitive, seats are not very comfortable. Oh, and cup holders? I realize they don't have them in Europe, but in this Starbucks or DD society here in the USA, they play a major factor. The kluged-in cup holders for the Gulia are small, and block access to the heater/fan/air conditioning controls, should you manage to cram your cup in at least one of them.

2. The 2.0 litre four banger is buzzy, and seems relies too much on the turbo. You'd be much better off with the much more relevant twin turbo six, but most people in the market with close to $80K to drop on a car, would be spending that money on a better known brand.

Honestly, if you're sold on just the look and body styling of the Gulia, which admittedly is fantastic, than maybe you would also put up with the disappointing fit and finish interior, or over-worked four cylinder engine. My guess would be that down the road, the styling alone, won't cut it.

Comment

• rustbucket
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by KellyfromVA
                        Honestly, if you're sold on just the look and body styling of the Gulia, which admittedly is fantastic, than maybe you would also put up with the disappointing fit and finish interior, or over-worked four cylinder engine. My guess would be that down the road, the styling alone, won't cut it.
                        I would disagree- according to Motor Trend that "over-worked four cylinder engine" makes the Giulia the quickest car in its class and Car and Driver saw fit to rank the four cylinder Giulia number 1 in its Entry-luxury Cars segment, ahead of the Audi A4 and A5, the Mercedes-Benz C class and the BMW 3 series not to mention the Giulia Quadrifoglio won its comparison test over the Mercedes AMG C63S, BMW M3 and Cadillac ATS-V... there's far more to the Alfa Romeo Giulia than "styling".
                        Last edited by rustbucket; 06-25-2017, 03:24 PM.
                        2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by rustbucket
                          I would disagree- according to Motor Trend that over-worked four cylinder engine makes the Giulia the quickest car in its class and Car and Driver saw fit to rank the four cylinder Giulia number 1 in its Entry-luxury Cars segment, ahead of the Audi A4 and A5, the Mercedes-Benz C class and the BMW 3 series not to mention the Giulia Quadrifoglio won its comparison test over the Mercedes AMG C63S, BMW M3 and Cadillac ATS-V... there's far more to the Alfa Romeo Giulia than "styling".
                          Agree with Rustbucket that's the way I have also read it
                          !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• KellyfromVA
                            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Southernroadrunner
                            Agree with Rustbucket that's the way I have also read it
                            You can site magazine pundits all day, but you won't have a true opinion until you look one over, drive it, then still plunk down your hard-earned cash to buy one. I was close to ready when walking into the showroom, but just couldn't part with my money considering the count of disappointing design issues and a "meh"..test drive. That, and when I asked the salesperson whether I could count on their local studio to do any warranty service on the car, her answer was: "There are Fiat dealers all over the US who would probably be able to repair a Gulia." Didn't exactly answer the question..

I do find it ironic that this is the same site who's participants frequently trash Consumer Reports over their bad reviews of Fiat autos as not knowing what they're talking about, are siting magazine reviews as a retort. The point being; if the majority of automotive consumers trusted magazines for their impressions about cars, Fiat would have zero sales. Aside from the hype on a fan site like this, the BMW 3 series continues to out-sell the Gulia by a large margin. Now, to be clear, I wouldn't buy a BMW either. Not because of disappointing design, workmanship or lack of service facilities, but from the age old joke: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

Comment

• davesc
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Rsamson67
                              Great looking car! On my radar in a year or two! Need to see how everything shakes out.
                              My next Alfa will be a Coupe 2+2 , 350 hp if Alfa ever will build one. Traded my 4C after 18 months for a 2015 new Abarth because more practical a DD.
                              Oh and by the way, will be in Charleston tomorrow for a week. LOVE FOLLY BEACH. Will take the GOLF SPORTWAGEN for the trip.

Comment