Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Sad, disappointing news.

They closed the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills a few years back. That was a shame, too. It was a really...

Yeah, when warning lights come on for oil/water, it's a bit late.

Yep, it depends on year and interior color. At a suggestion, maybe search Ebay and wrecking yard trackers....

The spoiler itself was just a cheap aluminum EBay special, the spoiler uprights were custom cur from 1/4" aluminum....

It's already got a 28mm torsion bar

These are the Silver winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event :

Massimo Presta 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Gaetano Soldano 1963 Fiat 500...

The 2024 ICD / OFC/ ARCC Toronto Event Schedule will be posted in April ...

So much for 'all-electric' – Fiat 500e may come with a gas engine | Electrek
https://electrek.co/2024/03/20/so-mu...ric-fiat-500e-...

Hotels for this event are sell out quickly , so book now or you'll miss out !

I used Gorilla Glue on my armrest and held it together with a bungee cord for 24 hours. Been maybe seven years now holding up great, looks original.

Drivers side armrest discontinued by mopar

hi I found out (mopar pn 5UZ35JXWAA) PN for 13-19 drivers side armrest was discontinued in Dec 2023, the attached pics show what I did to keep using mine...

Fiat museum closing it doors

This Fiat museum is closing. Lots of beautiful vintage cars, tractors, airplanes, model, cars, posters, etc....

Sportfan had issues running turbo coils in a non-turbo car, so I don't believe they are cross compatible....

500 Ignition Coils?

I'm trying to get new ignition coils, and my local dealers only have Abarth/500T coils, and thr Mopar website says they fit the non-Turbo's as well, and...

Its a 2013.
Thanks for the comments.
I noticed the coolant overflow tank was very low but no lights have come on yet.

An aftermarket rear sway bar would help the handling a lot.

Italian Car Show at Zona Rosa Sunday June 4th

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lil Blue
    • Nov 2013

Italian Car Show at Zona Rosa Sunday June 4th

The show is from 12-2pm at Zona Rosa in North Kansas City. We'll be meeting behind Barnes and Noble between 10:30-11. Frank and I (and a couple of others) are firing up Frank's Cars-A-Nostra group which will be more laid back, and for those that like to do cruises (he's got one that takes us up into Iowa...and lunch at a BBQ place he discovered..just hasn't set a date yet). I've got a ton of those air cooled Fiat 500 Hot Wheels to hand out...along with a few 500X's, Ducatis, and not sure what else, to the kids. If interested in joining in...meet us there.

sigpic

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle) 1980 Spider Pininfarina 2000 (Money Pit)
  • Robert Nixon

That sounds great! I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest in the FIATS especially with the Hot Wheels!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• Lil Blue
      • Nov 2013

Only recently started handing out Hot Wheels to the kids when I was clearing out a few I had found from a few years ago. When I saw the smile on those kids' faces...decided to buy up new ones when they're on sale to hand out...and the kids like them. Problem is keeping the adults out of there (what part of "free to kids" on the sign do they not understand). Even at yesterday's cars and coffee...had a guy try to take them all at once (easily over $100 worth) claiming his wife was a music teacher at home...and gives them to the kids. Tried to debate me why he should have them. Finally had to use my old military "drill sgt" tone of voice that I use to use on the prisoners at the jail on base years ago....and such stating "free to kids...AT CAR SHOWS"...to get him to go away.
      sigpic

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle) 1980 Spider Pininfarina 2000 (Money Pit)

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Dang, people will do anything for some free stuff! Good for you drill sergeant!
        2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.

Comment

• Lil Blue
          • Nov 2013

They kids cleaned me out. Easily had 30-40 of the air cooled classic Fiats alone...plus about 10 Ducatti's and a couple of other Fiats (500x, reg 500 pop, Alfas)...and gone in 30 minutes. Glad I brought my regular car show hand outs..plus all the loose ones. Only caught 2 adults snatching a Hot Wheel (no shame I guess..."free to kids" mean nothing to them). By that time...to tired to bother...wasn't worth it. All in all a good day and showing.
          sigpic

Comment

• MrFiat

50+ yr Abarth Enthusiast

Lifetime Member
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Lil Blue
            They kids cleaned me out. Easily had 30-40 of the air cooled classic Fiats alone...plus about 10 Ducatti's and a couple of other Fiats (500x, reg 500 pop, Alfas)...and gone in 30 minutes. Glad I brought my regular car show hand outs..plus all the loose ones. Only caught 2 adults snatching a Hot Wheel (no shame I guess..."free to kids" mean nothing to them). By that time...to tired to bother...wasn't worth it. All in all a good day and showing.
            For all of us folks who live too far away to attend shows like this, some photos would be the next best thing to being there. Any possibility of posting some ? This forum is like a big family and I, for one, would really love to get more acquianted with some of the cars and their owners -- if even just through photos.

By the way, it is such a cool thing you're doing giving away the toys. Certainly a great way to inspire the next generation of car enthusiasts.
            I spent most of my money on fast cars, guitars and pretty women. I somehow managed to waste the rest of it.

Comment

• pizzamann95
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Lil Blue
              Only recently started handing out Hot Wheels to the kids when I was clearing out a few I had found from a few years ago. When I saw the smile on those kids' faces...decided to buy up new ones when they're on sale to hand out...and the kids like them. Problem is keeping the adults out of there (what part of "free to kids" on the sign do they not understand). Even at yesterday's cars and coffee...had a guy try to take them all at once (easily over $100 worth) claiming his wife was a music teacher at home...and gives them to the kids. Tried to debate me why he should have them. Finally had to use my old military "drill sgt" tone of voice that I use to use on the prisoners at the jail on base years ago....and such stating "free to kids...AT CAR SHOWS"...to get him to go away.
              1.) Do car guys really "grow up" or are we kids in adult sized bodies?

2.) I didn't know you were a drill Sargent. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing was Gary Walters. He was an older guy working on a teaching degree at CSUSB. I literally witnessed him give a student the shirt off his back to another student. Before his academic career he was a drill sgt in the marines. I remember we had another student, Steve, there working on his BA using his GI bill. We were all hanging out one day during lunch and a couple ex-military guys were talking about there boot camp experiences. Steve talked about his S.O.B. drill sgt he had at marine boot camp. Finally, Gary asks where and when Steve was in boot camp. The look on Steve's face when he put 2 & 2 together was priceless. I have never seen a grown man snap to attention so fast. I never would have figured as a drill sgt, Ian. You just seem too nice.
              2019 Subaru Crosstrek :burnout:

instagram: pizzamann95 :distant:
              psn: pizzamann95 :uzi:gun2

Comment

• Lil Blue
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by pizzamann95
                1.) Do car guys really "grow up" or are we kids in adult sized bodies?

2.) I didn't know you were a drill Sargent. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing was Gary Walters. He was an older guy working on a teaching degree at CSUSB. I literally witnessed him give a student the shirt off his back to another student. Before his academic career he was a drill sgt in the marines. I remember we had another student, Steve, there working on his BA using his GI bill. We were all hanging out one day during lunch and a couple ex-military guys were talking about there boot camp experiences. Steve talked about his S.O.B. drill sgt he had at marine boot camp. Finally, Gary asks where and when Steve was in boot camp. The look on Steve's face when he put 2 & 2 together was priceless. I have never seen a grown man snap to attention so fast. I never would have figured as a drill sgt, Ian. You just seem too nice.
                1....no...we really never grow up.

2....no...wasn't a drill sgt or anything....but worked the jail on base for a bit. Handling 10-15 prisoners by myself..2 were on their way to Leavenworth...others were either "doing time" there...or waiting to be dishonerably discharged and kicked out. No weapon, and mostly open space....had to be extremely firm, plus the normal training stuff I had to do with the newbies (different scenarios and such)....you just get the "tone".

A friend was a Marine D.I. Fully retired from everything a few years ago...biggest hippie <wink wink> you could meet. They're hobby farmers now...donating most of the food to shelters and such.
                Here's some pictures that Frank took and posted to Cars-A-Nostra

sigpic

Comment

• Lil Blue
                  • Nov 2013

here's a youtube video of the show City to Circuit did. We're in there..but the focus was on the exotics. To be fair, he didn't spend a lot of time on the Ducati's either. Way more Ferraris than Fiats.

Last edited by Fiat500USA; 06-14-2017, 08:55 AM. Reason: embedded video
                  sigpic

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Thanks for the photos and video, I like the black/white scorpion logo on the hood! Always love seeing an X1/9 too.

Comment

• Lil Blue
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Robert Nixon
                      Thanks for the photos and video, I like the black/white scorpion logo on the hood! Always love seeing an X1/9 too.
                      The couple that own it are really nice. The last Cars and Coffee they went to...it was the belle of the ball it seemed.
                      sigpic

Comment

• my67falcon
                        • Jul 2017

Is there anything in the near future going on? I live in Warrensburg and work by OMC so events on either side of the boarder would be of intrest.
                        http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/

I was asked once, knowing what I know now about my inlaws, if I would do it all over again. I said "no, I would have married an orphan."

Comment

• Lil Blue
                          • Nov 2013

Not so much right now...no. It's more of a SCCA thing around here. If you're on facebook...look up Cars A Nostra https://www.facebook.com/Cars-A-Nost...1162710476511/ and get a hold of Frank. Not sure what he has planned for the future. I'm not really involved with running of a club anymore for personal reasons.
                          sigpic

Comment

• my67falcon
                            • Jul 2017

OK, thanks
                            http://falcon-whyihatemyin-laws.blogspot.com/

I was asked once, knowing what I know now about my inlaws, if I would do it all over again. I said "no, I would have married an orphan."

Comment