500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Sales for May 2017

Fiat Sales for May 2017

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Fiat sales for May were up just slightly compared to the previous month. Fiat sold a total of 2670 cars last month compared to 2,539 sold in April. Fiat 500, 500L MPV and 124 Spider sales were all up in May compared to April, with the 124 Spider, in particular, having a good month, posting its best sales ever. Other promising news was May sales of 500 hatch and Cabrio models were up 3

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Andree (06-24-2017), DeSoulo (06-02-2017), rustbucket (06-02-2017)

Thanks
    How come I never see a TV ad for Fiat? When you first brought the 500 back into the USA there were many TV commercials...good ones, ones that made you want to get one. Now...I haven't see one for years. Why??!! I love my 2015 500 Abarth...love to drive it, look at it, tell people about it. It's a "happy car"! And that's how you should advertise them! The photo above would make a good theme. We now have a dealer here (Peoria, IL area) but there are still local people, even car enthusiasts, who don't know about the car or the new dealer (he doesn't seem to advertise either, except for "sales" ads in the local papers want ad section). You can't expect good sales if people don't know you exists!

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    One answer comes to mind sir Jeep Jeep Jeep
    and thats all.Why cause its their leading seller.
    Why dont they advertise Fiats who knows guess their paying the advertising bills
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM / TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES WITH KONI SHOCKS / ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT /
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    CORSA FORZA - REAR TORSION BAR / PROSPORT-BOOST GUAGE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    How come I never see a TV ad for Fiat? When you first brought the 500 back into the USA there were many TV commercials...good ones, ones that made you want to get one. Now...I haven't see one for years. Why??!! I love my 2015 500 Abarth...love to drive it, look at it, tell people about it. It's a "happy car"! And that's how you should advertise them! The photo above would make a good theme. We now have a dealer here (Peoria, IL area) but there are still local people, even car enthusiasts, who don't know about the car or the new dealer (he doesn't seem to advertise either, except for "sales" ads in the local papers want ad section). You can't expect good sales if people don't know you exists!
    Did not realize Lemans got a Fiat franchise
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    EUROCOMPULSION
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 938 Posts
    While it would be nice if sales were up over last year, I think the overall trend in the auto industry is for lower sales in 2017 compared to 2016, so like the Fiat500usa.com link says, FIAT is pretty much in line with other small car sales.

I still will get asked if I'm driving the Charlie Sheen car, from the funniest Abarth ad yet, so I would agree that TV ads can have a big impact on brand recognition. On the other hand, you don't see Ferrari ads on TV either!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 54K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 currently 1st place in HS: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Thanks
    What the numbers say to me is that FIAT is holding its own. FIAT still flies below the radar screen for most folks... I agree with other posters that more good advertising would be helpful. Having FIAT being sold at CDJR dealers should also give FIAT exposure it wouldn't have had otherwise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rustbucket For This Useful Post:

Robert Nixon (06-04-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket View Post
    What the numbers say to me is that FIAT is holding its own. FIAT still flies below the radar screen for most folks... I agree with other posters that more good advertising would be helpful. Having FIAT being sold at CDJR dealers should also give FIAT exposure it wouldn't have had otherwise.
    rustbucket-Agree with that sir
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    EUROCOMPULSION
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket View Post
    What the numbers say to me is that FIAT is holding its own.
    Holding its own at the bottom?

For another month, the only other small car that sell less than Fiat (barely) is Smart.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyfromVA View Post
    Holding its own at the bottom?

For another month, the only other small car that sell less than Fiat (barely) is Smart.
    But the 500 is more then just another small car...of course I could be biased on that. Whenever I take my Abarth to a cruise-in, people really like it. Many ask "Who makes it?" Fiat needs to advertise it more...with emphasis on it being more then just a small car...maybe a "happy car". Those Forever Young ads for the 60th Aniversary edition are great...maybe do one with the car in some American city. Here's one from Germany... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQjxbgg1ko

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:

500ways (06-23-2017), Andree (06-24-2017), Fiat500USA (06-22-2017), pvflyer (06-21-2017)

Chief Car Looker Upperer Lifetime Member Andree's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 897 Posts
    That new 500L front end looks nice. Those shiny spots on the lower grille air intake area are similar to the ones on the newest 500 in other lands. If the new 500L is coming to the States, can I dare ask if the long model with seating for seven is coming? I've already seen an ad for another new vehicle with the longer body to hold the extra people. Can't even remember the auto company, but it must be in demand for a company to make a new style vehicle.

Have you posted about that 500 two-tone special limited numbered edition convertible? Anniversary model or something? Beiges exterior and ivory interior. You know how I feel about beige (Mocha Latte) and Ivory (Avorio). Love beige and ivory or black and tan. Here in Arizona, the lighter the color, the better. It's been so warm here.

I did watch the unveiling video of the 500L, one of those company ones that is about 30 minutes long. You probably have that up somewhere. I was kind of bummed that the Cross did not have AWD. But they DID update it with the Drive mode selector, and showed how that worked in the video. Wondering how well Gravity Control will do on the steep icy roads that usually result in a multi-car pileup at the bottom. Do you know if Gravity Control would work going UP? Seems like it could be a good idea on those same icy roads with good winter tires.
    I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
    Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
    That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast