500 Madness

Thread: New, Refreshed Fiat 500L Coming to US

New, Refreshed Fiat 500L Coming to US

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

We have confirmed a new, refreshed Fiat 500L MPV will arrive in North America for 2018. Fiat has released images and details of the new 500L which is set to debut in Italy the weekend of June 17-18. In Europe, the redesigned 500L is available in three trim levels/versions: Urban, Cross, and Wagon. Although we have confirmation the redesigned 500L will indeed be available in the US...

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (05-25-2017)

Thanks
    Heard about this on Autoline Daily yesterday and I think it looks pretty good! It looks to have a little higher ride height too but maybe that's just the pics. I heard they (Europe) have a 3 row option for these, if so, why not bring that option here, would appeal to families a bit more.

IMO these things have gotten a bad rap, meaning, if you drive the thing its pretty nice and has a nicer interior than my Abarth has, that's for sure but then again it came out afterwards and SHOULD have that going for it.
    2013 500 Abarth/Nero/Mich AS3's on O.Z. 45th anniversary whls
    Italian flag colored body & custom rocker panel stripes/35% SunTek tint
    500Madness MaxPower 93 oct tune/GoPedal/lightened crank pulley/Euro Compulsion R3T V2 SRI
    MPx axle-back/ported TB/NUE-F torque mount/28mm rear sway bar
    ATM FMIC/GFB DV/NGEN cue ball shiftknob and BLACK shiftboot w/red stitching
    Nokya yellow fog bulbs/ESSEESSE boot and engine badge
    Some say..."He likes Swedish Fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Thanks
    I got an email the other day.......showing a photo of the new 500L Cross. And i deleted the damn email, on accident....i had planned to share it, on here. I will see if i can find another photo. Looks very nice!
    Joe's 2016 500 Lounge

FIAT 500FIAT 500

5.0 Uconnect w/SXM/Nav/Park Assist/Beats Audio.
    Heated Leather Seats/Power Moon Roof/Fogs.
    Firestone Firehawk GT Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Heard about this on Autoline Daily yesterday and I think it looks pretty good! It looks to have a little higher ride height too but maybe that's just the pics. I heard they (Europe) have a 3 row option for these, if so, why not bring that option here, would appeal to families a bit more.

IMO these things have gotten a bad rap, meaning, if you drive the thing its pretty nice and has a nicer interior than my Abarth has, that's for sure but then again it came out afterwards and SHOULD have that going for it.
    I agree. The 500L is unmatched in versatility and family car practicality, but all the talking heads want to do is to talk about looks. Meanwhile, you never hear them complain about what a minivan looks like. As I write in my article, there seems to be a preoccupation with form over function. The redesign moves the car a little more upmarket and mainstream so that should help. When people drive the car, and see all the seating flexibility and room it can be a revelation. The car is also easy to get in and out of, too, which is a plus for folks that have movement issues. There is a lot going for it.

By the way, I scooped Autoline with my confirmation that a redesigned 500L is coming to America. LOL I actually was told that last week but was hanging onto the info.

Another tidbit of inside info is in the my last paragraph.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 654 Posts
    The updates make sense... Don't mess too much with what is already working for many. Simplifying the naming system to Cross and Urban is a good move. Consumers know what those terms mean.

I'm happy to see traction control enter the picture, but I still believe the "Cross" should be available in AWD. I know they don't want competition between the Elle and 500X, but they're leaving something on the table. It's difficult for me to ignore it. Traction is halfway there though.

I've spent time between the wheels of both models and prefer the 500L in almost every way. The Elle can look sportier than the X in some configurations. I will require a 4/5dr at some point and it will likely be this model in Trekking/Cross-mode.

Oh! I'm glad FIAT was smart enough to revive the, EU-now, defunct 2007 500 bumperettes with the 500L Urban. I prefer it to the updated 500 variety.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I totally agree with you. Fiat needs to launch the 3 row version of this car in the USA. It will apeal to a large segment of American families looking for a 7 seater that doesn't break the bank. Everyone i know who has this car loves it. I also think they should launch an all wheel drive to compete with other car makers offerings. I'm an owner of a 2016 Fiat 500X and 124 Spider. My wife would love to get this car in the 3 row version and AWD.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    The updates make sense... Don't mess too much with what is already working for many.
    Ummm... I'm trying to figure this out. The 500L has been almost universally decried for its homely styling. So whatever has worked (the packaging), has worked for a very few, and I'm thinking most everyone has dismissed any packaging advantage on account of the ungainly styling. The updates, aside from the update to the infotainment system, are lipstick on a BBQ sandwich.

And don't get me wrong, we have a 500L... and love it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akcapfiat View Post
    Ummm... I'm trying to figure this out. The 500L has been almost universally decried for its homely styling. So whatever has worked (the packaging), has worked for a very few, and I'm thinking most everyone has dismissed any packaging advantage on account of the ungainly styling. The updates, aside from the update to the infotainment system, are lipstick on a BBQ sandwich.

And don't get me wrong, we have a 500L... and love it.
    I hardly think of it as homely, although our silver is quite plain. It looks pretty nice all cleaned up...no 'fake' lines added just for grins. I would pick it over the two that most mags mention in the same breath...the Juke and the Soul...although certain color combos can make all three look darned nice.
    Current vehicles:
    2015 500L Lounge Silver 7/31/'15
    2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
    Previous Fiat '79 Strada White

The hateful automotive press just regurgitates the most mainstream opinions. There are numerous craptastic Japanese designs that are rarely critiqued as stridently as the 500L. It's a safe target for haters that have to be critical of something, yet don't want to piss off their readership.

For example, I just looked at Consumer Reports (where's my AlkaSeltzer?) and it still spews how the car rides too firmly, yet they neglect to say the 2015 500L had suspension tuning revisions that soften the ride. There were other outdated critiques written, too, that thankfully I've blocked from remembering at the moment. That is seriously a hatchet job on their part.

It styling may not work in America, where plastic, fake wood paneling has a home, but the rest of the world digs it. Some people don't like World Rally racing, too.