500 Madness

Thread: Black box under seat- FIAT 500 Pop

Thanks

Black box under seat- FIAT 500 Pop

New to the forum, but not necessarily my car (Owned for almost a year, Nero 500 convertible. So far loving it and haven't really done anything major in the 9k that I've owned it.

A couple days ago I dropped something under the seat, and when I looked, I found a black box with what appears to be a cigarette lighter adapter (D.C) on the back of it. When I purchased the car, it came with an air compressor which looks similiar to this box. It's bolted and velcroed into the floor, and I've not really tried to pull it out for fear I'd break something. It has a speed regulation sticker on the side as well. I took it into the dealer today to get an oil change, and the service rep tried to tell me that it was the amplifier. My impression is it was in the rear of the vehicle? I don't understand if it was an air compressor, why I would get two with the vehicle? It's kinda confusing that no one exactly knows what this box is or what it does. Just curious.

Hunter
    Last edited by narntek; 05-18-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks
    Air pump is the only one I know.

Last edited by pvflyer; 05-19-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pvflyer For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (05-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by narntek View Post
    New to the forum, but not necessarily my car (Owned for almost a year, Nero 500 convertible. So far loving it and haven't really done anything major in the 9k that I've owned it.

A couple days ago I dropped something under the seat, and when I looked, I found a black box with what appears to be a cigarette lighter adapter (D.C) on the back of it. When I purchased the car, it came with an air compressor which looks similiar to this box. It's bolted and velcroed into the floor, and I've not really tried to pull it out for fear I'd break something. It has a speed regulation sticker on the side as well. I took it into the dealer today to get an oil change, and the service rep tried to tell me that it was the amplifier. My impression is it was in the rear of the vehicle? I don't understand if it was an air compressor, why I would get two with the vehicle? It's kinda confusing that no one exactly knows what this box is or what it does. Just curious.

Hunter

Welcome to the forum. Is it under the driver's seat or passenger's? Can you post a picture? What year is your car?

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,949 Posts
    Pump under driver seat and on some older models a storage area under the passenger seat...only things I can recall ever being under either besides the Bose system that had components under the passenger seat before 2013 (if I recall correctly).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Bose system that had components under the passenger seat before 2013 (if I recall correctly).
    Yes the 2012-13 models with the Bose entertainment system have the subwoofer box under the passenger seat. Pretty easy to tell, the black box says "Bose" on it.

Thanks
    This picture is exactly what I have under there, which ironically is what was tried to be passed off to me as an amp. lol. I guess I have two of these, however, the other one is just a normal air pump type of a deal, that I'm guessing was traded in with it?

Thanks
    The one that pvflyer posted is exactly what is under the seat. It is a 2013 500. It does have the newer radio/sirius set up with the bose amp. I actually found that one in the trunk on the right side underneath the plastic cover, not under the seat as a few members and the dealer suggested it would be. I bought it off of a dealership where it legit was traded in by the proverbial little old lady, complete with all of the service records, and only having 19k on it. I had a Jeep Liberty before this, and lemme tell you, this thing is a big upgrade over it, and the gas mileage is AWESOME as I drive a lot for work. I have a winter truck that I use if I need it, but I'm honestly not missing daily haivn 4X4. I'm thinking of putting a new set of wheels on it when time permits and maybe a few other additions.

Quote Originally Posted by narntek View Post
    This picture is exactly what I have under there, which ironically is what was tried to be passed off to me as an amp. lol. I guess I have two of these, however, the other one is just a normal air pump type of a deal, that I'm guessing was traded in with it?
    Cool! They probably just assumed you were talking about the amp that some cars have. That's a common thing that comes to mind if someone mentions something is bolted down under the seat. Looks like you scored too pumps!

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com