500 Madness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Abarth at 2017 Geneva Motor Show

Abarth at 2017 Geneva Motor Show

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Abarth fans visiting the 2017 Geneva Motor Show were treated to several new editions to the Abarth model lineup. The new Abarth 595 Pista, Abarth 695 Yamaha XSR special and the Abarth 124 Spider Scorpione.Abarth 595 PistaThe new Abarth 595 Pista is the latest special edition of the 595 series. For those who don't remember, the Abarth 595 replaced the 500 series last year and pay homage to

Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Barnacle Bill (03-21-2017), Jim500T (03-21-2017)

Thanks
    That 656c was sure handsome.

Abarth 695 Yamaha XSR interior and dashboard. Nice!

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    WOW...actual Abarth people at an autoshow, what a concept
    2013 500 Abarth/Nero/Mich AS3's on O.Z. 45th anniversary whls
    Italian flag colored body & custom rocker panel stripes/35% SunTek tint
    500Madness MaxPower 93 oct tune/GoPedal/lightened crank pulley/Euro Compulsion R3T V2 SRI
    MPx axle-back/ported TB/NUE-F torque mount/28mm rear sway bar
    ATM FMIC/GFB DV/NGEN cue ball shiftknob and BLACK shiftboot w/red stitching
    Nokya yellow fog bulbs/ESSEESSE boot and engine badge
    Some say..."He likes Swedish Fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Thanks
    Any chance that Monza exhaust will come to US?? I really want a quad tip!
    2012 Fiat Abarth | 2004 H-D Sportster 883C | 2004 Scion xB Release Series 1 #1 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow23 View Post
    Any chance that Monza exhaust will come to US?? I really want a quad tip!
    I would bet you can get the exhaust through one of our vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    WOW...actual Abarth people at an autoshow, what a concept
    In Europe. Abarth is an independent marque managed by different people than the Fiat brand. This is much like Maserati is different than the other companies in the FCA world. That means different dealerships so you don't get your Abarth serviced at a Fiat dealer. The brand actually competes with the Fiat brand for resources.

Unfortunately, they couldn't make the business case here in this country for Abarth to be a separate brand and the Abarth 500 is part of the Fiat USA. It makes some sense as the Abarth name is known and revered in Europe for the past 68 years while the name is barely known and on this side of the Atlantic. Wish it was different, that's for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 622 Posts
    I do understand why FIAT S.p.A. didn't reintroduce ABARTH as a brand on our shores, but I completely disagree with the automaker not promoting the heritage and legacy. Ford did it enough with Shelby to the point they no longer need to harp on it.

The A500 (more so than the NA A124) it a true example of what ABARTH has done historically... take an established donor car and blow it up. The A500 isn't simply a slight tune difference and fanciful dressed up version of the 500 Pop. The engine, transmission, exhaust and suspension are different. Then, add in the slighter "aesthetic" differences. I think FIAT USA avoids their heritage to dodge the F.I.A.T. era jokes. That's a shame... the 500X spot was hilarious and on point.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Amacento View Post
    I do understand why FIAT S.p.A. didn't reintroduce ABARTH as a brand on our shores, but I completely disagree with the automaker not promoting the heritage and legacy. Ford did it enough with Shelby to the point they no longer need to harp on it.

The A500 (more so than the NA A124) it a true example of what ABARTH has done historically... take an established donor car and blow it up. The A500 isn't simply a slight tune difference and fanciful dressed up version of the 500 Pop. The engine, transmission, exhaust and suspension are different. Then, add in the slighter "aesthetic" differences. I think FIAT USA avoids their heritage to dodge the F.I.A.T. era jokes. That's a shame... the 500X spot was hilarious and on point.
    That may very well be. When Fiat USA was just starting up, I was contacted by the product manager to help enlighten him on the heritage cars from the 60s and 70s. We went through the selling points and I sent the company 200+ images of brochures and roadtests from my collection so they could get to know the older cars. There was a real passion for the cars and they were very enthusiastic, which can be seen in our Abarth. The product manager wanted to make the NAFTA car more hardcore or over the top than the European one, which it is. An example is our unmuffled exhaust, Koni FSD technology struts and even how our cars have the redesigned intake track that takes cold air in front of the radiator. We also have more power than the European cars. So the passion was there. They promoted the Abarth when it came out, but moved onto the other new models as each one was introduced. Thinking partly being the other models were going to be more high volume than the niche hot hatch.

I agree, I think the Abarth heritage is an ace they really should be playing. In fact, all the heritage should be trumpeted. Too many people have no idea of what Fiat and the other cars under their umbrella have contributed to the automotive world and affordable cars. Twin Cam engines, 5-speed gearboxes, four wheel disc brakes, transverse engine front wheel drive, robotics, engine castings, etc. etc. Many of the features we take for granted on our everyday cars were pioneered by Fiat, but nobody knows. That's why they were the third and fourth largest carmaker in the world way back when. There is so much that can be talked about and promoted. Lots of missed opportunities in my book. That's where guys like you and I and the others who know about the cars come in. We could use some help.

Who or what company wouldn't want to be connected to cars like the three time world rally champion Fiat Abarth 131 Rally?

They should have videos like this playing 24/7 in every Fiat dealership in the country including the HQ in Auburn Hills.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-22-2017), rustbucket (03-22-2017)

Thanks
    Connected is fine... but I want a 131 tribute vehicle lol. Would love to see a small RWD Abarth hardtop on the market. I miss the glory days of WRC

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orca For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-22-2017), Fiat500USA (03-22-2017)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast