500 Madness
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Soon to be 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth owner

  1. #11
    Member gerrymx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Welcome and congrats! Your plans for her even make it more exciting.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,510
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Congrats on getting exactly what you want! I was lucky to get exactly what I wanted as well. Look forward to seeing pics and the eventual progression of mods as well.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

    Just heard from the dealership yesterday that my car has been built and left the factory in Mexico as of 18:00 on March 28th. Another 4 - 5 weeks and it should be at the dealership ready for me to pick up. Hopefully the weather is nice when I pick it up as there as some great spots not far from there to take a few pictures of it.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    Well after a two month wait and some really frustrating experiences with the dealership I have finally picked up my new Abarth! Going from a 2014 Sport to a 2017 Abarth I didn't expect there to be as many differences as there are. It some ways it feels like a completely car, but luckily in the most important ways, it still feels like a brilliant little 500. In the end it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted and I can't wait to start modding and getting this ready for some epic trips!

    I wanted to go out and get some pictures of it yesterday. Unfortunately I was running late so I got out later than planned and had to rush, so the pictures did not turn out as nice as I wanted. And the best of the bunch I can't even upload here properly. But I will through a few photos up in spite of all that.




    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnnyRenton; 05-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyRenton For This Useful Post:

    Southernroadrunner (05-19-2017), WillFiat (05-19-2017)

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRenton View Post
    Well after a two month wait and some really frustrating experiences with the dealership I have finally picked up my new Abarth! Going from a 2014 Sport to a 2017 Abarth I didn't expect there to be as many differences as there are. It some ways it feels like a completely car, but luckily in the most important ways, it still feels like a brilliant little 500. In the end it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted and I can't wait to start modding and getting this ready for some epic trips!

    I wanted to go out and get some pictures of it yesterday. Unfortunately I was running late so I got out later than planned and had to rush, so the pictures did not turn out as nice as I wanted. And the best of the bunch I can't even upload here properly. But I will through a few photos up in spite of all that.





    Congratulations on your new car. Looks sharp with the new wheels and blacked out lights.

    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    Thanks! I didn't actually realize it had the blacked out lights until I went and picked it up. That was a very pleasant surprise as it compliments the all black look I was going for. The rims are not quite as dark as I thought they would be, but thats okay, I still really dig how they look.

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North Charleston, SC
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRenton View Post
    Thanks! I didn't actually realize it had the blacked out lights until I went and picked it up. That was a very pleasant surprise as it compliments the all black look I was going for. The rims are not quite as dark as I thought they would be, but thats okay, I still really dig how they look.

    I think the color of wheels go perfectly with the flow of the car! Very nice!

  9. #18
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,510
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Congrats! I also moved from a Sport to an Abarth and it is in fact a very different car in many ways... all better I think!

  10. #19
    pizzamann95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 347 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRenton View Post
    Thanks! I didn't actually realize it had the blacked out lights until I went and picked it up. That was a very pleasant surprise as it compliments the all black look I was going for. The rims are not quite as dark as I thought they would be, but thats okay, I still really dig how they look.
    That's a sharp looking Abarth you have there. Black out all the plasti-chrome pieces and you'll have a very aggressive car. I look forward to seeing your future mods.
    2013 500 Turbo
    SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | Abarth exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenea | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torqur Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp-2 205/45/16 | Custom trunk handle
    "Some say he thought Star Wars was a documentary..."



  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzamann95 View Post
    That's a sharp looking Abarth you have there. Black out all the plasti-chrome pieces and you'll have a very aggressive car. I look forward to seeing your future mods.
    I actually don't mind chrome so the little bits that are on this model are just fine. That said, I do agree that no chrome would create a pretty great look, though if I went that route I would probably want to replace all those bits with carbon fibre pieces. That would not be cheap so I would only go that route if I had quite a bit of excess funds to part with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 10:34 AM
  2. FIAT & ABARTH NA in 2017
    By Amacento in forum Fiat news and reviews from around the Internet
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 01:39 PM
  3. 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth options
    By neubauerjoseph in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 11:07 PM
  4. 2017 Fiat 500 and Abarth Model Changes
    By Fiat500USA in forum Fiat500USA.com Articles and Story Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 12:30 PM
  5. 2017 Fiat Abarth 595 - Video
    By mark0006 in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2016, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •