500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soon to be 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth owner

Thanks
    Welcome and congrats! Your plans for her even make it more exciting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Congrats on getting exactly what you want! I was lucky to get exactly what I wanted as well. Look forward to seeing pics and the eventual progression of mods as well.

Thanks
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Just heard from the dealership yesterday that my car has been built and left the factory in Mexico as of 18:00 on March 28th. Another 4 - 5 weeks and it should be at the dealership ready for me to pick up. Hopefully the weather is nice when I pick it up as there as some great spots not far from there to take a few pictures of it.

Thanks
    Well after a two month wait and some really frustrating experiences with the dealership I have finally picked up my new Abarth! Going from a 2014 Sport to a 2017 Abarth I didn't expect there to be as many differences as there are. It some ways it feels like a completely car, but luckily in the most important ways, it still feels like a brilliant little 500. In the end it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted and I can't wait to start modding and getting this ready for some epic trips!

I wanted to go out and get some pictures of it yesterday. Unfortunately I was running late so I got out later than planned and had to rush, so the pictures did not turn out as nice as I wanted. And the best of the bunch I can't even upload here properly. But I will through a few photos up in spite of all that.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnnyRenton; 05-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyRenton For This Useful Post:

Southernroadrunner (05-19-2017), WillFiat (05-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRenton View Post
    Well after a two month wait and some really frustrating experiences with the dealership I have finally picked up my new Abarth! Going from a 2014 Sport to a 2017 Abarth I didn't expect there to be as many differences as there are. It some ways it feels like a completely car, but luckily in the most important ways, it still feels like a brilliant little 500. In the end it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted and I can't wait to start modding and getting this ready for some epic trips!

I wanted to go out and get some pictures of it yesterday. Unfortunately I was running late so I got out later than planned and had to rush, so the pictures did not turn out as nice as I wanted. And the best of the bunch I can't even upload here properly. But I will through a few photos up in spite of all that.

Congratulations on your new car. Looks sharp with the new wheels and blacked out lights.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Thanks! I didn't actually realize it had the blacked out lights until I went and picked it up. That was a very pleasant surprise as it compliments the all black look I was going for. The rims are not quite as dark as I thought they would be, but thats okay, I still really dig how they look.

Thanks
    Thanks! I didn't actually realize it had the blacked out lights until I went and picked it up. That was a very pleasant surprise as it compliments the all black look I was going for. The rims are not quite as dark as I thought they would be, but thats okay, I still really dig how they look.

I think the color of wheels go perfectly with the flow of the car! Very nice!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Congrats! I also moved from a Sport to an Abarth and it is in fact a very different car in many ways... all better I think!

Thanks
    That's a sharp looking Abarth you have there. Black out all the plasti-chrome pieces and you'll have a very aggressive car. I look forward to seeing your future mods.
    2013 500 Turbo
    SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | Abarth exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenea | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torqur Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp-2 205/45/16 | Custom trunk handle
    "Some say he thought Star Wars was a documentary..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzamann95 View Post
    That's a sharp looking Abarth you have there. Black out all the plasti-chrome pieces and you'll have a very aggressive car. I look forward to seeing your future mods.
    I actually don't mind chrome so the little bits that are on this model are just fine. That said, I do agree that no chrome would create a pretty great look, though if I went that route I would probably want to replace all those bits with carbon fibre pieces. That would not be cheap so I would only go that route if I had quite a bit of excess funds to part with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2