500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth owner

Thanks

Soon to be 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth owner

Hello everyone,

After 2 1/2 years of owning my 2014 Fiat 500 Sport I found myself looking for something new. And as of a week ago the order was placed for my brand new 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth! As you might guess I am pretty excited and I actually didn't think I would go the route of another 500. I was originally looking at the 124 Spider Abarth a month once some floor models started hitting dealerships in the area (they were Lusso's but still the first chance I had to see a new 124 in person). Ultimately I passed on it because the straight up Mazda interior was a bit off putting and being 6'4" I wasn't convinced it would be comfortable for long trips. So the day I own a proper sports car will have to wait a bit longer until I find just the right one.

In the meantime I am super jazzed for the 500 Abarth to arrive in a couple months. I will at some point do some mods on it, after I get a good feel for what the out of the box version is like. I do plan on doing some track days at first but long term I am looking to get a dependable bump up in horsepower and looking to make it a more versatile vehicle, for those times when off roading happens. Already seen lots of great threads here before registering so looking forward to joining in some of them now!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyRenton For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (05-21-2017), lanssolo (05-23-2017)

Thanks
    Congrads on your purchase. Not sure how you can handle the anticipation of waiting for it now.

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle)

Thanks
    Wow! Sounds great!

Thanks
    Congrats! Make sure you post up some pics when you take delivery.

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. The waiting doesn't bother me at all knowing that I am going to get the exact configuration that I want (Nero Puro exterior, Nero and Rosso leather bucket seats, comfort and convenience package, no decals, no Beats, no park assist...just the esentials). And living in Winnipeg that will work out nicely as by the time it arrives the snow will be gone and most of the potholes from spring thaw should be fixed too. I'll be sure to post pictures of it when it arrives!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyRenton For This Useful Post:

Lil Blue (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    Congrats, I did not have the patience you have, I walked in, I loved the way it looked, I handed over the keys to my Mini Cooper S and left with a new Abarth. Honestly, I did not even know what options it had. Turns out I love it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abarthdude For This Useful Post:

pizzamann95 (05-24-2017)

Thanks
    Welcome and congrats on your new bambino! Be sure to join up with FIAT Club America and your local chapter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abarthdude View Post
    Congrats, I did not have the patience you have, I walked in, I loved the way it looked, I handed over the keys to my Mini Cooper S and left with a new Abarth. Honestly, I did not even know what options it had. Turns out I love it.
    When I got my 500 Sport that is pretty much how it was. I saw one on the lot that was in my price range, was all black, which it turns out I really liked after seeing it in person, and two days later it was mine.

The fact that I already have a 500 probably helps me be patient (and plus I tend to be particular when Im buying things so waiting is pretty common occurrence). Plus this time around I decided Id rather wait to get exactly what I wanted than get something pretty close. The bigger test of my patience will be with the mods that I want to do! As much as I'd like to start doing them this summer I have a few trips planned that are going to take up my excess finances so I will most likely have to wait until next Spring before I do anything like that (unless its something small or I find a super deal). As long as I meet my goal of all the mods being done by June 2018 I will be more than happy though

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 950 Posts
    Congrats on the Abarth! Compared to the regular 500, a lot more fun in the HP department!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 54K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 currently 1st place in HS: 2016+2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014+2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. Post some pics when you get it.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM / TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES WITH KONI SHOCKS / ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT /
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    CORSA FORZA - REAR TORSION BAR / PROSPORT-BOOST GUAGE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast